"In the News" thread

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Whut

A citizen reported Graham after seeing him use his cell phone in a place without service -- which he found suspicious. The citizen wrote down the rental car's license plate number and notified firefighters. Investigators figured out the rental company then setup a meetup point. Cal Fire officers arrested Graham when he was returning a second rental car at the airport.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I saw that follow up today.. I posted it a few places.. it started some talking!

Realistically, kids say and do shitty stuff all the time.. it's bound to happen and should be taken care of as needed. The biggest thing here was all the online tryhards who tried to dox the kids, threatened the kids, hoped they got beat up.. etc.. then it turns out to be false and everyone just forgets about it.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
All the attention from the fake news organizations isn’t helping. They’ll jump on anything that makes white and orange people look bad, and then ignore it as soon as it turns out to be false and no longer suits their agenda. Gives garbage people (of all colors) way too large a podium to temporarily stand on.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That's all true... except there doesn't appear to be a good way from stopping it. Journalistic integrity is a laughable concept at this point. Talking heads can't wait to grab the next headline that fits their narrative, truth be damned. Clickbait sites are just itching for that next story that will get people to tap that mouse. If there isn't one, they'll invent it. Truth has no bearing on the entire process.

Bottom line, the media has decided to appoint itself kingmaker. They're incredibly bitter that their attempts in '16 were waaaaaay off. They'll sink to any low in order to wipe that egg off their face and show everyone who's the boss. Any story that fosters social unrest, true or not, is 100% fit to print because they think it damages the guy they have labeled "raysis".

We need accountability on both sides of the political spectrum as well as from the people that deliver the news, and I don't see that happening in any form other than political theater spectacles with far from noble intentions.

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
That's all true... except there doesn't appear to be a good way from stopping it. Journalistic integrity is a laughable concept at this point. Talking heads can't wait to grab the next headline that fits their narrative, truth be damned. Clickbait sites are just itching for that next story that will get people to tap that mouse. If there isn't one, they'll invent it. Truth has no bearing on the entire process.

Bottom line, the media has decided to appoint itself kingmaker. They're incredibly bitter that their attempts in '16 were waaaaaay off. They'll sink to any low in order to wipe that egg off their face and show everyone who's the boss. Any story that fosters social unrest, true or not, is 100% fit to print because they think it damages the guy they have labeled "raysis".

We need accountability on both sides of the political spectrum as well as from the people that deliver the news, and I don't see that happening in any form other than political theater spectacles with far from noble intentions.
Smirking.

Verboten!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The problem is that the PEOPLE want this stuff, they crave it.. they WANT an excuse to hate other people or think less of them.. if there wasn't a market for this kind of stuff, we wouldn't be seeing it.

People on both sides are freaking idiots. Look at the right-wing trash that gets posted to those websites.. it's usually not much better, or fact checked.

In this particular case.. I don't think the initial reporting did anything wrong, THEY didn't jump to conclusions, just posted the alleged facts. Now.. in a perfect world they'd wait for the investigation to finish before spreading rumors.. but at the same time, that is how real crimes get swept under the rug.

The "online mob" decided to run with this, as usual, trying to doxx the kids, ruin their lives, etc. We need to find a way to change online culture.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Find me a legit "right-wing" fake story that made national/international news only to be disproved and I'll grant you parity. Most things that would put a "disadvantaged group" person in a bad light are suppressed by the significant news outlets these days, not flagged all over the place. You may be right, but I'm only seeing the big names slanting in one direction on this crap.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Same show/company that will be at Morristown NJ next week. 1 of 9 left... now 8

B-17G
44-83575 Nine-O-Nine (Listed as air worthy -Collings Foundation

B-17G
44-83785 Collings Foundation - Under Restoration to Air Worthiness

As a kid I did get to see.
the Memphis Belle (Painted for movie - not the original)

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Well, that sucks. I could only imagine it was/is hell for the survivors too. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose a couple more. Those old birds are like flying gas cans. You can smell the fuel just walking around them.

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
Yeah the news said a bunch of the people were 'unrecognizable'. Yikes.

I wonder if it'll cause some sort of backlash online against the for-pay rides they do.
It's 2019. You can bet your left nut that someone will try to capitalize on it for some political or social justice related reason.

I hate that about the modern day. It's a sad day in general: people died and a priceless aircraft was destroyed.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Or better yet, what do you do when there is no higher court to appeal to? It's clearly an absurd ruling, and even contrary to a similar case against google. It's like Europe wants these services to just wall them off from the rest of humanity. It's like the chinese, but the EU doesn't have the gumption to unilaterally do it, so they just legislate it into reality by default b/c court rulings.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The EU thinks far more of itself than it should. I would love for some of these American-born companies to just simply give them the finger and walk away. It's unlikely because wall-street, but it would be glorious, especially two years later when you see what kind of home brew substitute they have cobbled up.

The Brits are correct to tell these morons to shove-off. Sure, there will be some economic pains associated with the divorce, but in the long run, they'll be better off for it. The EU has become the international equivalent of the California state legislature. They love sticking their nose into EVERYTHING and telling the rest of the world what to do. I wonder if either group understands that people resent that holier-than-thou shit.

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
This is nothing new unfortunately. Your militia allies one day are your insurgents the next. I believe that very rule is listed somewhere in the U.S. infantry training manual. War is dirty. Our behaviors only leave less and less countries who will want to ally with us. We've done this to Georgia, South Vietnam, etc.

The funny thing is that we've armed ISIS in the past to fight the Syrian regime (because we don't agree with the political affiliations) but cry foul when they kill our people. We don't negotiate with terrorists? Past history would dictate that's far from the truth. I love the United States, but I don't trust my government. Especially the branches and agencies who operate without impunity.

U.S. and ISIS

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Whats the supposed reasoning behind this?
Trump keeping his campaign promise to get us out of there, but that's obviously a bunch of bullshit. I do not know why we keep Turkey in NATO and now are bending to their will. Are our nukes at Incirlik really so important we can't pull out? What's the point of carrier groups, missile cruisers and subs if we give away our influence for a base on a former friendly ally's land?