"In the News" thread

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
They probably join up because it's one of the few jobs available....and you aren't asked to take peoples heads off with chainsaws or one of the other horrible ways the cartels have of dispatching their "enemies". And I'm sure a fair few of them do so because they genuinely hate the cartels and hope to do some good. BUT...the military is probably just as bad as the cartels at this point. Both sides killing each other, both sides doing whatever they can to make money, often times illegaly.

You know what, never mind what I said, I have no idea why ANYONE would join their military....I guess it's that, join a cartel, or die in the streets poor like a sucker.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
There is a special place in hell for those type of guys.

I feel bad that he blew up his own kids though. Sure, they probably would have grown up into monsters too, but that goes back to the eternal time-travel/baby-hitler conundrum.

Regardless, the world is now safer for the eventual chinese takeover.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

They'll turn on him.. look at his wiki..

Boudin lives in the Outer Sunset neighborhood of San Francisco with a female partner who is a post-doctoral researcher at University of California, San Francisco.
FEMALE?! That has to change or he'll be out of the cool kids club.

And holy shit that's a lot of shit.

“We will not prosecute cases involving quality-of-life crimes. Crimes such as public camping, offering or soliciting sex, public urination, blocking a sidewalk, etc., should not and will not be prosecuted,” Boudin vowed
LOL SF is gonna be a magical place. The big upside here is they have zero other people to blame when it turns into even more of a shithole.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Sad. It was still nice 5-7yrs ago when I was visiting frequently. I walked all over the city many times in all seasons and only saw the usual amount of homeless and used needles most large cities have. Very few sidewalk tents back then.

Seattle has also succumbed to the same homeless / liberal insanity over the past decade. Why can't the Republicans just film the streets of these 2 cities and play that for their political ads? You want your hometown to become this? Vote for Warren & Sanders! Did you notice Bernie praising Lil'Ayer's election?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I mean, I kind of like it, because it lets them really put all their policies into play and we can see if it works or not. Sucks for the normal people who live there, but it's a good lab test for the rest of us.

CA as a whole isn't SF-level yet, since it's so big, but seems like it's slowly headed that way.. but I don't think the layout of a lot of CA would be a good fit for homeless camps and shitting everywhere.

I mean there are people cheering for this, so I'd be curious to see what the people on the ground think of this. Some people somewhere have to actually believe this is a good way forward despite all the evidence to the contrary.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That's the mind-boggling part. Who looks at their policies and says, "Yes, this is the path to improving our city"? If we remove all fear of sleeping on the sidewalks, littering with needles, and shitting everywhere, everything will get better? Do they not see that it's only going to encourage a lot more of it? How stupid do you have to be? Even little kids have more sense.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I have to think they see the punishment part as bad, and somehow also the cause of the issue. If you JUST LET THEM BE, they'll improve themselves and stop doing BAD thing. Unfairly punishing them is somehow reinforcing the problems and creating a cycle.

I can see this actually being true in certain instances, but not all. There are absolutely homeless people who are that way more or less on purpose, and are not going to get better no matter what you do for them. Is that all of them? Some of them? A minority of them? I don't know.

The bigger, and harder (giggity) question is what the hell DO you do about the problem. You can legislate all you want, but what does that even really accomplish? So you now have the legal right to throw them in jail for violations.. odds are you're not going to keep them there, so they get released and right back on the street crapping away.

You basically would need to find the ones that are re-hab-able and get them into treatment/work programs/etc and maybe put a deadline on the help (but then what?) and the ones who are just batshit crazy need to be locked away I guess, or institutionalized? Either way it's kind of fucked up to take away someones freedom because they're nuts, but I don't really know what a better solution is.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
But the whole point of society is to function as a part of it, in harmony with it. The minute you become at odds with the 99% of the population trying to go about their daily lives, we have the right to remove you from it.

I was listening to Carolla's podcast this morning, and they were talking about how Aunt Becky was probably going to jail for the college scandal, but the crazy guy in the NY subway who has been arrested and released 18 times in the last six months for causing 700 (!!!!) subway train delays gets to walk free to continue being batshit insane. It's comedy of the absurd.

We've gotten to the point that certain groups have successfully reclassified rules enforcement, discipline, and punishment as "mean". You have to stop being mean to all those homeless people with nowhere to shit. You have to stop being mean to all the kids in school who act out and make it hard for the other 99% to learn. At what point does the pendulum swing back to where we appreciate the ability to remove problem-people for the good of the rest of society?

Imagine if we didn't allow drill sergeants to be "mean". Imagine if the military didn't discipline screw-ups. What would we have then? Rules enforcement isn't mean. Forcing other people to live with streets full of shit and mentally ill people is what's fucking mean.

I really think we need to give the catapult-to-an-island a try. Just load 'em up, and pull the lever. You can't live in society with the other people anymore, and you only have yourself to blame. Swim, be free. Just don't come back.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Seems ridiculous to me.

Also..

The LGTBQ Community and The Salvation Army - The Salvation Army USA

Helping those in need is the heart of our mission.

We're motivated by the love of God to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.

We embrace people regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Our hiring practices are open to all, and we provide the same benefits to opposite-sex and same-sex couples.
If true.. seems like a WWJD kind of statement.