"In the News" thread

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I didn't see his race revealed there. Are you making an assumption there fella?

That's racist!!1!11! :mad:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
This is so unprecedented that I don't know whether to be happy as a consumer or wonder if it will slingshot back hard once things cool off. As for now, just hoping to see $1 gas for the first time in almost 20 years.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It'll put all of our fracking businesses on hold, and some of them will fold.

However, imagine if you're Russia, Venezuela, or anyone in the sandbox... their entire economy is based on oil, as they produce/export little else. Their pucker-factor must be through the roof. We might be in for a rough ride economically, but those guys are gonna implode if this lasts more than a week or two.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Not sure Venezuela can get any further down, but, yeah Russia and the ME will be hurting if it continues for long. At least most of them have a lot of wealth from the past. You gotta wonder though if it will lead to unrest among the non-royalty.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I think many of them have OD'd on power during this pandemic, especially blue-state governors. They're like junkies coming down and they're doing the legislative equivalents of car-jacking and home invasions to keep that sweet sweet power high.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That title seems a little bit overstated considering right there in the article it states the following regarding a number of his colleagues: “Not everyone was comfortable with the hypothesis...”

Sounds way reminiscent of some other "settled science" out there, where a "highly reputable" researcher magically finds "evidence" to support his (government funded) research just in time to pull down another grant. :rolleyes:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
  • Wow
Reactions: NSA

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Nice! That's some serious precision. If I were a baddie, I'd be worried that the thing would just maim me and leave me to suffer, rather than offering the one way ticket to the 72 virgins the more conventional Hellfires offer.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It can kill the passenger but leave the driver unharmed. Of course, he'll shit his pants and have a heart attack and die in the subsequent car crash, but hey, the missile didn't kill him!

Imagine being a driver and having a knife-missile land in your passenger seat and slice Abdul into vertical quadrants. I would not be able to focus on safe motor vehicle operation at that point.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Looked like from the video that it hit right between them, went through the top and bottom of the Hyundai and left a crater with missile and vehicle debris in the ground behind the vehicle as the SUV likely seized to a stop. I would have to think the sheer force of the missile hitting that vehicle at or above the speed of sound would have spalled metal, missile bits and propellant enough to end everybody inside. I'm thinking the kill radius is that vehicle. Anyone inside was likely toast.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, I really hate that, as I have thoroughly enjoyed him as an actor. I love That 70's Show, Men at Work, and The Ranch. Part of me wants to think he's innocent, but when they start coming out in droves and there's no money or political motivation, you have to assume there's a thread of truth. Hell if I know.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Honestly though I don't know if they needed Holder and Obama.. with the $$$ they make, they can pretty much buy them from anyone, anywhere. I am kind of surprised they'd even bother with US stuff, they should be able to buy stuff straight from shady militaries everywhere.