"In the News" thread

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I feel like I read about it and it was like 15 years ago or something. Like before all the movies were out maybe.

At least they had the decency to do it privately and not make a big scene. I can't recall them asking for attention around it.

Reactions: pcsguy88

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Ha, that's pretty funny. However, if that's the worst thing to happen in a state of 7 million, I'm ok with that.

I have to say, our local DMV people are nice. Never a wait, usually no more than one person in front of you. They're polite and helpful. I hear horror stories about other states' DMVs, but I would say we have good folks around here. I had to go last year to upgrade to a "Real ID", and the whole process was 15min start to finish.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
In case they haven't alienated enough fans with the Star Wars saga fiasco... :rolleyes:

Like so many times before, headlines now but crickets when the show gets cancelled. That's typically how it goes when the writing and characters suck because they were writing for agenda instead of writing for quality. Will they ever learn?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Good. I know that human trafficking and child abuse has been a priority federally. Good to see the local departments getting some results as well. Enjoy general population, perverts...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Nn, no, no... it's just that Joe and Kamala are pledging to do away with it nationally as part of their *reforms*. I think NY is the only place where that's a real thing at this exact moment.
Au contraire... I am pretty sure CA is doing it, and I know Portland is doing it because those Antifa wackadoodles get arrested and released the next day, with no charges ever sticking.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Just so we are all caught up: Dem governors, mayors and DAs release felons because Covid (because that makes sense). Dems close down their cities and states to make sure as many of the lower spectrum jobs are lost so there are plenty of bored, unsatisfied young people and liberal arts grads looking for something else to get pissed about. MSM plays up isolated police misconduct or incidents. The bored, out of work and otherwise malcontents go out to protest. Organized, paid rioters travel to hotspots and start really breaking and burning things. Dem "leadership" in the cities ties the hands of the police and mandates the near immediate release of arrested rioters. Predictably, their cities are burning and Covid is still mildly spreading in those areas when it should probably be naturally fading away. And it's all Trump's fault. Does that about cover it?

• Wow
Reactions: NSA

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That's a pretty cogent summary, yes.

It's funny how the Dems were 100% in complete denial about the riots, a "hoax" Jerry Nadler said. Then when it was clear that the rioting was having an impact on poll numbers, they did a complete 180 and suddenly the riots were very real and all Trump's fault. It's so blatantly transparent. Sadly, the people who want "free everything" don't actually care about facts or the games being played.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That is really the biggest silver lining.. the left can NEVER get along. Ever. Even when they get everything they want, they are so conditioned to complain and be offended that, in a vacuum, they'd offend themselves.

They'll never be able to form any kind of long lasting coalition, and they're constantly excluding people with their crazy rhetoric. Essentially, to get along, you have to keep your head in the sand and just say ORANGE MAN BAD!

IF Biden/Harris win, it could be a fun time watching this shitshow of a 'resistance' completely collapse on itself when there isn't an Orange man to direct all their fury at.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
So now, apparently you can be suspended from school for having a neon-green toy gun at your home that's visible in your zoom class. WTF Mattel!

I remember taking toy guns to school. I had an olive-green plastic M-16, and I took it to elementary school as part of my army soldier halloween costume in the 2nd or 3rd grade. Nobody said a word. I wasn't suspended, branded a terrorist, and no one felt threatened or scared or needed to go to a safe space. Not a single evacuation or SWAT team was necessary.

Later in life, I carried a knife in school throughout middle and high school. I had a big super-tinker swiss army knife that I used all of the time. My teachers knew I had it. Hell, on occasion, they'd ask to borrow it for one thing or another. I never stabbed anyone, never threatened anyone, never used it out of turn or inappropriately.

It's as if as a society we've completely abandoned the notion of personal responsibility in favor of zero-tolerance over-regulation. We've lost all common sense and traded it for virtue-signalling stupidity. I blame social media... and Al Gore because reasons.

(Seriously, has there ever been another presidential nominee that couldn't even win his own home state? What a toolbag.)

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Didn't Trump lose New York? I mean, obviously why, but maybe that goes to show it's not an end-all be-all statistic?

Regarding the gun thing, it's of course obviously idiotic, though comparing it to 'when we were kids' is a little disingenuous as we didn't grow up in the "school shooter" era, so naturally there is a bit more apprehension around that kind of things these days.

“It was really frightening and upsetting for me as a parent, especially as the parent of an African-American young man, especially given what’s going on in our country right now,” Curtis Elliott, Isaiah’s father, told KDVR.
Well now the school is racist too! Without seeing the video I can't really make a judgement. Was he pointing it at the camera? Moving it from one spot to another? Did he say anything to go along with it? Who knows. I do think if it was a first offense the teacher should have contacted the parents before calling the damn police lol.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I don't think the existence of school shootings should cause everyone to lose their damn minds and abandon all common sense. Whatever happened to discretion and good judgement?

Unless the kid was waving it around and screaming, "I'm going to kill you all when in-person school starts!" then it's a complete over-reaction. We don't know if he was even doing anything with it, but at worst if he was, the teacher should have reprimanded him for being disruptive or something, but to send the cops to his house without even a call or email to his parents is totally over-the-top.

"The teacher thought it was a toy gun" AND having a real gun in your home is not a crime. Toy gun at home =/= real gun at school, yet her response (and that of the school) was effectively the same. That bothers me.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
As it should.. but since both of us admit the story doesn't really get at the truth of the matter.. we are likely more influenced by the news story writers than the event itself. I am sure there is a story that plays up his Blacknes...

Oh of course.

Pictures of Nerf guns

1599507278538.png

And then the gun in question:

1599507298270.png

That's a pretty good 1911 replica, looks like it's airsoft. Obviously the colors should be a giveaway but hell I've seen people paint their real guns wack-ass colors. It looks enough like a gun where I can understand some apprehension, vs one of the above "clearly nerf gun-guns".

The family says "he didn't do nuffin, moved it from one side of the screen to the other" and the teacher is saying he was "waving it around".

Where is the truth? Who the hell knows. I do think the teacher or principal should have talked to the parents BEFORE sending the "Resource Officer"/Police, as that is ridiculous, though depending on what the kid was actually doing, maybe it was warranted, we just don't know without being able to see the video ourselves.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I see these stories all the time calling out the dam schools for being stupid while at the same time avoid the obviousness that something else is going on in this story. Think the mother said he had ADHD

someone has some social media background to get this story AirPlay, then black helps the story become Social justice. Hint doesn’t end well for the kid making his teachers/school look stupid on the national stage. School very well might have deserved what they started. But maybe they all get ADHD funding out of it. Still a situation that really never should have happened. Unless of course the kid said something they are not allowed to tell us.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I know California is on fire, the Pac NW is having a woke-off, Chicago and NY are trying to set murder records, but TN just said, "Hold my beer..."

The funniest part is that out in the boonies, only a couple of miles from my house, is a tiger rescue, and they have a bunch of big cats. They had to issue a statement saying that all of their animals were present and accounted for and that the roamer wasn't one of theirs. So hopefully I won't find this thing hanging on my back porch.

I've had a bear roaming around my house before, but a Tiger would be a new one. You can't outrun a tiger. You can't out-climb a tiger. You can't out-swim a tiger. Does playing dead work on tigers? WTF would you do faced with one of these things loose outdoors?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I know California is on fire, the Pac NW is having a woke-off, Chicago and NY are trying to set murder records, but TN just said, "Hold my beer..."

The funniest part is that out in the boonies, only a couple of miles from my house, is a tiger rescue, and they have a bunch of big cats. They had to issue a statement saying that all of their animals were present and accounted for and that the roamer wasn't one of theirs. So hopefully I won't find this thing hanging on my back porch.

I've had a bear roaming around my house before, but a Tiger would be a new one. You can't outrun a tiger. You can't out-climb a tiger. You can't out-swim a tiger. Does playing dead work on tigers? WTF would you do faced with one of these things loose outdoors?
Tigers.. Tennessee off the list...

• Do not run. Like all cats, tigers enjoy a chase. In Bandhavgarh national park, an elephant was startled by tigers in the long grass and threw its mahout (rider) to the ground before running away. Alone in the tall grass and knowing that there were at least three tigers in the grass nearby, the mahout fought his instincts and slowly edged backwards, one tiny step at a time, out of the grass. It took him two hours, but he lived to tell the tale.
  • Do not approach the tiger. Tigers, especially captive tigers, will be scared by the unusual setting and will probably be highly agitated. Stay away.
  • Get yourself somewhere high up. Tigers are not good climbers and will generally not follow you up a tree.
  • Stand up tall. Tigers do not distinguish between a crouched human, a warthog or a deer. This is why so many villagers collecting wood from tiger reserves have been attacked.
  • Do not antagonise the tiger. Upon finding a tiger in his home, an old man in Bandhavgarh died trying to hit it away with a stick. Tigers will defend themselves and very few will walk away when attacked.
  • Do not urinate in a tiger’s territory. Tigers mark their territories and if you do the same, the tiger would see you as a threat.
  • Stay away from injured or old tigers. They are more likely to attack and they come into contact with humans more regularly as they seek out easy prey, often domestic livestock.