"In the News" thread

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
They don't look overly... capable. I think there was little more to this than a bunch of angry yokel wannabe "defenders of freedom" talking big and playing with their guns and explosives. I highly doubt they were remotely capable of getting anywhere near Whitmer, let alone Gov. Blackface down here. Even if they could effectively "plan" something like this, I highly doubt they'd have had the balls to even attempt to execute it, let alone have any chance at success against a highly capable and well trained State Police protective service.

This smells of the feds blowing it up to say, "Look what we did!" And the complicit media is blowing it up to try to blame evil "far right conspiracy theorists," even though it's already come out that these guys were all over the map politically (thus, why this has lost a lot of steam already). And, of course, the highly unpopular govs will look to blow it up for sympathy anywhere they can get it now that they have both grossly overstepped on their respective COVID shutdowns. These guys will get sent up the river for being stupid and the whole thing will likely die a slow, quiet death as everything else 2020 throws at us steals the headlines back.

Reactions: Sgt301

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That sounds so familiar... as if someone postulated something very similar to that somewhere recently... 🤔

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I ran across this gem and it made me chuckle...

"Banner also said he painted the word "HUFFY" on the side of his bike, ensuring he has no advantage over the bikes that came out of the factory as bicycles. "

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I feel like someone should try this for real and make them say emphatically that motorcycles aren't bicycles and do not meet the qualifications for the competition, regardless of the competitor's feelings. It would get actual headlines and highlight the absurdity of she-males competing with girls.

I don't know why the state/local sports people don't just remove all ambiguity and state that if you have a y-chromosome, you must compete over here. No-Y-people compete over there. If they structured the rules that way, the arguments about feelings would be moot. There is no such thing as "feeling like you don't have a y-chromosome"... yet.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
You keep expecting people to be rational and intelligent about these kind of things. Those adjectives are not welcome in the "I feel like I'm a..." discussion. (And, yes, I use the word "discussion" liberally. There's usually a lot more whining, screaming and crying than discussing).

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I suppose you are correct. In the back of my mind, at some point, I expect the adults in the room will stand up and put an end to the inmates running the asylum. There must be a tipping point where people say, "this is why we can't have nice things," and rebel against sheer stupidity. And with The Don appointing a slew of new judges, hopefully the rational people won't lose every court battle like they have the last 20 years.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Salt water is no joke. Even the air blowing off it will rust the crap out of unprotected metal miles inland from the coast. I’m sure transiting it for that long is a constant battle. I could imagine what the fleets looked like coming home after WWII.