"In the News" thread

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
He's incoherent, and she's hiding more than Joe did during the campaign. At this rate, it will only take a mediocre GOP candidate to destroy them both.

If only we could come up with a guy running on Trump's america-first platform without all the orange-man-bad baggage. DeSantis might be that guy, but if he's not, we need to get that guy identified. It's not Cruz or Haley or Noem... and probably not Rubio. I thought Gaetz might be that guy before he turned into a creepy freak who's probably headed for jail.

On one hand, I'd like to see Trump make a comeback just because the liberal tears would be so delicious. On the other hand, I feel like younger blood with new ideas on Trump's blueprint is probably the best course of action to make real progress.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I was telling someone earlier, Trump should take his place as the king maker. He and his sons could do his normal agitation of the left and be the bullet sponges, while DeSantis, Abbott or another could be the rational choice, with Trump-like policies, but without the baggage, and able to dial it back when the rabid media tries to press him on the stuff Trump is saying.

Reactions: nacho

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Funny, I’ve been doing the same. I get my topical news from compilers like Tim Pool and Dinesh D’Souza and a few others for specific issues, but I haven’t watched one minute of ”regular” news coverage in months, or Fox News since the election. Apparently we’re not the only ones, as all the major cable news networks have tanked since Trump departed. The “good” ones have lost all credibility and the indoctrinators have lost their main target.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I still watch FN for the entertainment value. The Five and Gutfeld! are comical, and I feel like Tucker is about the only honest news and commentary worth watching. I enjoy watching with the boy and letting it raise topics he needs to understand as well as what kind of nonsense and misdirection the MSM version of the same story tries to tell you.

I was so proud a few months back when a story came up about a study that concluded something surprising in favor of the left, and he turns to me and says, "Ok, but who funded the study? Follow the money!" I wept a little.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Glad to hear there are still a few of us out here teaching our kids how to think and not just letting the propaganda peddlers teach them what to think...

Reactions: Sgt301 and nacho

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
At least he is equally tough on both parties, and let’s you know what’s opinion and what’s from the “news” reports.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yep, I was away all week and subjected to tv news at breakfast at the hotel. Seriously, they don’t even feel the need to hide their agenda any more. Still reporting about Trump stuff (all bad of course, and blown way out of proportion), and anything regarding the current regime is just wonderful and endearing. I struggled to keep my foo heading in the right direction. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Sgt301 and nacho

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
The reporter who broke the story about Bill Clinton meeting Attorney General Loretta Lynch on an airport tarmac in 2016 is dead at 45. It's being investigated as a suicide. Gonna get dizzy watching the spin on this one...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Add another to the Arkanside list. They’re free to exact revenge as they please with their administration in charge.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Jeebus, I hope he kept good notes secured in a place accessible by friends/family and not just on his home PC, which probably also committed "suicide".

They're getting pretty brazen. They have to know the world is watching, and in spite of that, they seem to be acting with impunity.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA

This is one of the many reasons why I don't trust the so-called "science" being pushed by supposedly impartial health care professional "leadership." What freaking world is this?

mugatucrazy.jpg

Everything is politicized.

Oh, and thank God I don't eat at Subway unless there is no alternative:

:wtf:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I saw the tuna one yesterday. This is the same fast food chain that until 24 months ago used formaldehyde in their bread. Bloody hell.

I would have to be realllllllllly desperate to eat that shit disguised as "food".

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I agree he deserves hard time if a.) he legitimately committed the crime(s), b.) the statue of limitations had not run out for the victim(s) to come forward and report the crime(s). I just have a little trouble knowing he got fully railroaded because his current message to black culture is counter the normal, while plenty of other legit criminals have gotten a pass because they are still in good favor with leftist authorities. I also find it ironic that networks are still playing and profiting off his show, despite his fall from grace.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, I don't think it minimizes his crimes to point out that people guilty of far more have gotten much lighter sentences, or in the case of covid, have been set free because Kung-Flu. While any normal person would denounce what he's been accused of, blue states are letting murderers roam free, so letting Bill out doesn't bother me. And even if he's guilty, I don't think he's a danger to anyone. Would any woman eat or drink anything with him in a half-mile radius? Not likely.

I certainly think that Bill telling the black community to get their shit together (and to pull up their damn pants) colored the coverage of him. Even if he's guilty, his message wasn't wrong.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Not without a lot of bloodshed I’m afraid. I’m getting too old and broke down to get pulled into the military but I worry about my grandsons and what evils they’ll have to face. I’ll probably get a train south to a quiet little village where the people are friendly when it boils over.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I really think the cities are deteriorating as fast as they ever have, and, when the free stuff and access to resources dry up, it's gonna get very very ugly. Getting as far from that as you can is a solid strategy. The zombie hordes will likely eat themselves for a while before whatever remains makes it out to the countryside.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That's why I bought the new KSG, to discourage the river zombies...

We're trying to talk my sister and her husband into getting out of the big city and joining us in the sweet rural life, but we're not having much luck. They're still tied to the notion of their careers, even though I've got the family biz at a level that can sustain all of us. I understand wanting to be independent and self-reliant, but at some point, your kids, family, and well-being are more important. Hopefully they'll realize that before they regret not doing anything to escape.

Reactions: Sgt301

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, it's hard when they are career tied to, but generally more accustomed to (comfortable in), the more urbanized areas. I have a couple friends and their families that I don't have a ton of confidence would be able to make it out before becoming trapped due to limited highway escape routes, unless they had some foreknowledge of things going down. They at least have the means to go down swinging, but the journey would likely be formidable.

I have a couple other friends closer to me and/or farther from dense urbanization that I believe have a much better chance of getting out. A couple of them are smartly looking outward for their next homes. The writing is on the wall though so I hope it will not be too late by the time they settle on it.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I think my sister is actually coming around, but my BIL's job doesn't exactly translate to small-town america. His job really only exists in large organizations. Thus I suspect he's hesitant to come here for fear of not being particularly useful. But he's a smart guy, and I know we could utilize him somehow.

Or he could start his own unrelated biz, knowing that with our safety net, there is little or no consequence for failure. It's a dream come true for someone with a little gumption. Or maybe he doesn't like us and is repulsed at the idea of seeing us more than twice a year. All I know for sure is that they have options right now, and I fear they're just going to remain status quo, like sticks in the mud.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Dang, I'd jump at a situation like that. But then again, I value the security of setting up to buffer against the inevitable future. It's not a matter of if, just a matter of when. The prepared win whether or not it happens in our lifetimes, so long as our progeny follow suit.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I hope where I’m at is rural enough. We have good trustworthy people in our area and it’s a good 45 miles to a big town (Petersburg). I’m hoping when it breaks down that our rural leadership, Sheriffs, judges, mayors and county officials can pull together a cohesive government to protect our area. I know most if not all of our law enforcement folks because of my career and I can see regional groups springing up here and there where the old ways are still respected.

Reactions: ThunderDan19

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
  • Haha
Reactions: ThunderDan19