Interesting Thread

I don't know where the general 1:18 discussion went, so i don't know where to put this.

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24308

This thread here and it's response by the supposed All-Go "Fan Club President" (which calling him that, but him having literally zero useful information or facts from the company he represents is a flat out farce, but whatevs) is a telling one indeed.

Now, in turn, collecting 1:18 military, particularly armor, is going to turn into some sort of toy-elitist horseshit too. With zero ability for new entrance into the hobby, outside of the those willing to pay the extremely high point of entry, and no new fodder for customs in any era older than 1980 from real companies, I'm just about done with the hobby.

I'm sure Unimax will provide us with more modern era clone troopers and vehicles. so the majority of you are safe, i guess.

I'm sick All-Go doing business like it's 1995 on top of trying to act like they are too good to be called toy makers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i'm gonna wait for PCS to come in here with the very sound argument for 1:16 R/C at this price point.

Sad to say but it's practically down to figures for me at this point, and Walmart is trying it's damnedest to screw me out of them, too.

I still believe fantasy customs are possible using what's available (PTE and Unimax), but WWII buffs are screwed on a viable cost-effective option.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
It's just not possible for guys like me to get into the WWII stuff… It's ridiculously expensive, and I would never even think of doing any custom works on any of it at that price point. It's kind of ridiculous.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's just not possible for guys like me to get into the WWII stuff… It's ridiculously expensive, and I would never even think of doing any custom works on any of it at that price point. It's kind of ridiculous.

There are a few items from the entire combined range of makers/periods that can be had reasonably, but there are certainly some things are just gonna be permanently absurd until another run gets made. Practically everything rotary wing, most of the Vietnam stuff. Most fixed wing that aren't P-51Ds.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Hm. I think SmallJoes did have the 21st Cent Marines for a decent price. Why I haven't picked those up and a Sherman is beyond me.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well that sucks if no new armor is on anyone's horizon. Even I only own 4 1:16 tanks due to the expense.

Yes, but should a static 1:18 tank be anywhere near the price range of a 1:16 R/C one?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, but neither of them were insanely detailed, and only had moderate interiors. Neither was nowhere near the detail level of Unimax's 1:16 diecast KT.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, but neither of them were insanely detailed, and only had moderate interiors. Neither was nowhere near the detail level of Unimax's 1:16 diecast KT.

There is a $250 gap between 21c retail and the Unimax ones. The Bradley has around10 opening boxes, all hatches, door in ramp and functioning TOW. If it had working suspension, I'd cough up $100 for it.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I would be a happy camper if somebody would just put out some new FJs.:(

I hope Pickel does do a Jagdtiger as I would love to see that made and would even buy it. I always found that as obscure and an interesting piece of German armor and for dios.