Joe Con 2013

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I may be crazy but I'm actually excited about all those never-before-made-in-25th-format Joes. And I'll go ahead and say it: I kind of dig the NF decos better than the regular deco for at least half of them. Now would I prefer the V1 decos? Sure, and we may see them in an FSS down the road. But I expect new heads for the majority of them, or at least clever reuses (hopefully).

I agree on Crazylegs likely being the paradrop figure. He already exists, so they'd just need to repaint the existing tooling for CL in NF colors.

As for the Frag-Viper, I'm hoping he gets a new head at the very least, and some vintage gear. Same with S.A.W.-Viper.

A little background on the S.A.W... We were supposed to get on in the 25th line, if folks can remember. He wound up being cancelled, though, at some point in his development. So I'm hoping that tooling was made for him, at least for a new head, and maybe webgear? He even had 25th artwork made by artist Jareau (an interview that I'd started but it fell through due to the artist going quiet on me, maybe due to legal "hushing") although I never got a chance to see it...

http://reau.daportfolio.com/gallery/648724

But he mentioned that he made art for the SV, so I'm assuming that parts were tooled up for at least the head. The S.A.W.-Viper was originally rumored to be coming along the same time as Dice, Slice, Crazylegs and others.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
And probably Lightfoot and Sneak Peek could be the 2-pack? (Just a guess, but they could also do them in a later FSS just like they left out Dragonsky, Big Bear and Wong from the Oktober Guard set.)

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
And probably Lightfoot and Sneak Peek could be the 2-pack? (Just a guess, but they could also do them in a later FSS just like they left out Dragonsky, Big Bear and Wong from the Oktober Guard set.)
Lightfoot & Sneak Peek in a 2 pack makes sense to me.
We are getting canceled NF Falcon in the FSS 2.0 already.

Gen. Hawk of the Generalsjoes.com blog speculated that we could get some of those 30th/concept figure parts.
Hit N Run is one of the ones that he may be right. Hit N Run won't be getting the same arms as someone else pointed out they look like Alley Viper arms. But the rest looks very much like canceled 30th Hit N Run.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Someone at HT has uncovered artwork by the artist...

http://comiconart.com/artist/Jimbo-Salgado

To Club: just show us the figures already! It would be prudent to show off what they look like. You may just get more attendees then. :p

Some nice art there...

I hope they don't string out the reveal for forever.

Where is this female pilot of which you spoke? EDIT: Nevermind, found her elsewhere.

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Based off the artwork, this might be a convention set that I actually dig. If anything, I just want the head sculpts for customs. If Hit N Run comes with new helmet and the harness that he was shown with, the one that we were originally going to get with Lifeline, I'll definitely get him. I might try and get the whole set anyway, if the promo pics of the figs live up to the artwork.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, somewhere amid the threads at HT and the brochure, I was under the impression that registration was sometime within the next week or so.

Which means they need to get on the damn ball, i.e. revealing 1-2 figures per day. I don't see the maximum number of folks hopping on registration without seeing protos of the figures first, personally.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I know I wouldnt....BUT, all the tools at HT will register sight unseen...the figures could literally all be cat turds and they'd act like teenage girls at an American Idol taping

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I actually took that years ago to make fun of typical HT guys liking anything with the word Hasbro on it...I guarantee they'd gobble any Hasbro employees cock if given the opportunity...lol

BTW, I think I used one of my cats real turds IIRC

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
sounds like a cool set but need to see pic before i think of spending that much just on the set as i wont be able to go to the con. nice one eddie and ya most of them would and will

Last edited:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I'm so excited, never thought I would go to one. My son and I are already planning. It's only a couple of hours for us. We have some friends in Indy that my wife has been bugging me to see, so free digs and happy wife +2 bonus points!

Well, our friends are going to be out of town, but I think we will spring for the hotel. If you have never stayed at a JW, they are amazing. Still planning on going, just trying to figure out what package I want to get etc.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The more and more I think about the set, I want it LOL. Of course I won't be pulling the trigger until I see the photos. Like you guys were saying, I'm sure plenty of tools will though.

It would be nice to be able to get a bagged set from somebody who is already buying the box set. Anybody interested in hooking me up?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'd be happy to try what I was going to try last year - splitting the cost of a boxed and bagged set with someone. Of course, by the time I was able to order there were no more bagged sets left...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'd be happy to try what I was going to try last year - splitting the cost of a boxed and bagged set with someone. Of course, by the time I was able to order there were no more bagged sets left...

I can get down with that. Unless I can just get a bagged set from somebody :)

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I looked at the cost increases, and maybe because of years of going to comicons on the cheap has spoiled me, but I can't spend that on something as narrow and lame as GI Joe.

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
i really dig the artwork,in particular letal! depending on what the actual figs look like this might be the 1st con set I\ll be after. sorry missed it........what are they chatging this year?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
i really dig the artwork,in particular letal! depending on what the actual figs look like this might be the 1st con set I\ll be after. sorry missed it........what are they chatging this year?

$360 for a box set

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So $15 more?...eh, not that big a deal...but that's quite hefty for GIJOES, subgroups no less...

Man I'd love to see them go back to POC and release more figures like Airtight and Lifeline and SciFi and TechnoViper...:(

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, but the "subgroups" doesn't count exactly like the ARAH one did. This isn't a repaint, it's the first time we're seeing vintage-inspired versions of all of those figures in modern format. ROC Repeater and Charbroil don't count.

It's like how they reversed the order of getting Claymore before Footloose, I guess?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Like you've said before, this is the perfect place for these kinda figures...subgroups, obscure comicbook characters, (as much as I hate to say it) Kwinn, etc...NOT perfect for figures like Sarge, Zarana, Footloose, Jinx, Dial-Tone, Iceberg, Voltar, Annihlator, etc...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Has any figure came with the harness on LL below?...bet it's on one of the Con figures...H&R or CL...whichever one of those dudes is gonna be in the set...

How awesome that his kneepads match the rest of his red AND have the letters on them