Joerhyno's SW thread

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I'm working on setting up my stuff in my extra room in the Dungeon, finally.. after 5 years of living here, and 2 years of sitting on these huge shelves I bought, I thought it was time to take stuff out of boxes and bins and actually enjoy them.

My goal is one whole shelving unit for SW stuff(5 shelves 24" x 48"), one for Misc. stuff and another longer one for dioramas that I want to build and the bottom shelves for my son to set his stuff up so he can also display some of his things.

Anyway, I figure, I'll just start a thread and post my SW stuff as I get them set up. It might take me a long ass time to do so, probably never finish and I'll die with this half open crap in my basement and my wife will not know what to do with it.. but I'll still try to get it set up and keep motivated(hoping a thread like this will help in that department, lol).

With that said, I had a question, I posted this in another section, but then thought of the thread idea.. so I'll quote it here too:

So I've been converting my shelves on my display from wood to acrylic. Today I went with a thinner(cheaper) shelf for the top ones and the guy in the department recommended that if I put something under them for supports, they should be sturdy enough.

After brainstorming, I bought some drop ceiling holder thingies, cut them to the length I needed and they work perfectly to help hold the shelves up.. and even better, they make for some cool looking rafters in my Star Wars displays.

Anyone know if a cool way(not just hanging them with clear fishing line) to hang a couple ships up top? To save room, and also to make it look more like a Hangarbay or something like that? Any suggestions?

I've been reading a lot of the comics lately, so I'm getting ideas of ways to set up my crap. My goal it to limit myself to what I can put on these shelves, and then if I have stuff that just doesn't fit.. get rid of it.

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
Hey Joe, If you hang them how in the hell are going to play with them? LOL

Seriously, I wouldn't hang them. Sure it looks cool but they seem to get dirty as f-ck when hung like that.

I'm thinking get those clear display pegs for vehicles where it looks like they are flying, or hell you can always make a custom hangar bay

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I was thinking about making some kind of system with som clothing hangers, have them hook under the TIEs and hold them in place. I was also thinking of using some foamcore and making some gray walls to give it more of a hangarbay/docking bay look. We'll see.