JoyToy USMC 1:18 (I'm still about lol)

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
bigbadtoystore has the 5. Pack for 80 bucks. So far they have 3 different sets. I am def picking these up. Shadow warrior it's wonderful to see you back posting. Love what you have done with the figures. The air force ops set looks great for hunting hiya predators... the hips kind of piss me off on these. Does the ultimate duke figure fit with the squad?? Can anybody post a pic for reference if it's not too much trouble?? They come with a bunch of hands as well I saw slaymaker post this when he got them. Very cool

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
is no one around here actually buying 1:18 scale stuff? JoyToy has been cranking out figures - yeah I had to mod them to rid diaper crotch - but otherwise pretty sweet...looks like the truck is in production

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Nope, we all got old during the 5yr drought and do not want to start back up at $15-$25 a fig. I will probably buy a set of Marines and a 1:16 MRAP kit this winter, but that I’m not sure anything beyond a $300 1:18 A-10 could pry money from my wallet these days. Too little too late.

Our FB group certainly has a bunch of activity of people still buying and playing with figs, but the people asking to join are all foreign. Mostly South American.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Likewise. At this point (and the current price point), it would take something really special and particular to get me to drop heavy coin on it. PCS named the most desired one, but there are a few others. Unfortunately (probably fortunately for my wallet), nobody has yet produced any of them.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I do want to get a set or two of the Joytoy figures.. but every time I think about it, I have money going somewher else. If Pickelhaube finishes the Hind.. I might be inspired to pick up some figures to go with it!!

Generally though, we are all old, lapsed collectors. I still have a garage full of nonsense, but no where to display any of it.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
is no one around here actually buying 1:18 scale stuff? JoyToy has been cranking out figures - yeah I had to mod them to rid diaper crotch - but otherwise pretty sweet...looks like the truck is in production
I got a set of marines and a set of recon. I’m impressed with them. The diaper crotch took a few minutes of knife work and sanding but I’m happy with them. Curious to see what vehicles they put out. I’m going to preorder the set of PLA marines. The gear alone.. god damn it’s pure 1/18th Goodness. Much of what we had to cobble together to recreate by buying various figs from various toy lines to chop up

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
"is no one around here actually buying 1:18 scale stuff?"

I do, but I've cut back mostly because there's only so much I like, and what little I do buy often goes to customizing. And if it's not something I can incorporate into Aliens/Terminator/Predator, then it's a no-buy unless I just find it extremely cool. Joy Toy figures look great but I've heard too many people talk about breakage right out of the box.

Oct 20, 2018
I just checked BBTS and they were $89 a set for the Marines 2nd production set..... dang I gotta think hard before I drop that kind of coin on five figures, not including shipping.

Oct 20, 2018
I broke down and bought the second issue of USMC team at locker toys but could only find the Force recon team at BBTS. Yes I lost my mind and bought both sets but this all I’m getting for awhile. At least that’s what I tell myself 😐