K-Tiger buys a PS4, or RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TEASER?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not actively looking, but I have yet to discover it. I have the double barrel and the semi.

The player gets to decide if their character is a hero or murdering scumbag, but the player can't decide if their character is a faithful angel or a mhore slimeball. Pfft. :whatever:
It is a queer bit of hypocrisy.
What the heck am I supposed to do with legendary pelts??
Take 'em to the trapper. There are 3-4 articles of clothing that use the Legendary Bear pelt, though you could also toss it and still be able to purchase said articles. Once you kill a legendary animal, that piece of pelt is available for crafting at the trapper, just in case you lose it before getting it to him.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That is pretty annoying. For anyone else already in Chapter 3, is my game glitched or is Molly not showing up in camp on purpose? I know there's a bug that will glitch the Marstons and Sadie in Chapter 2, but I haven't see Molly in several missions now.

Got my pirate cutlass and conquistador helmet, bitch! Oh, and Rockstar has got to make some of these hats made available from dead opponents permanent. Add them to general stores or something.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Don't know about Molly. I barely know any of the fellow campers by name. I know them as indian, black, irish, bitch, fat cook, jew, backstabber, RDR1, brat, traitor, old honkey, hens...

I pretty much just got to chapter 3. Haven't done much of the main story because I have more fun not babysitting them and being forced to ride slowly with them.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've had zero success getting the legendary blue gill.. how the fuck..
I've zero success with any legendary fish. Broken line city even after waiting for them to stop struggling to reel them in. Is there stronger line that can be bought?

Also, is there anywhere to just buy pig fat? 1 fat = 1 explosive bullet?? Our maps must just be littered with boar corpses and skins. I know I'm certainly dropping everything but the fat.

Did you guys find the :pirate: hat? It's awesome, but I don't always want to wear it. But if I take it off, buh-bye! :grumpy:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Have you guys checked the islands across the way from the camp in chapter 3? A few good compendium additions over there.
Actually didn't get over to that one. Looks like the tricorn hat is over there. Speaking of camp, why did I buy a canoe I can't use?

I'm in chapter 3.. but relatively early I think. Where do you get the cutlass and helmet? I've been rocking the civil war helmet and knife. Fuck the south!
California scum! The Morion Helmet is up on Mount Hagan, the cutlass on one of the channel islands between Shady Belle and the southwest tip of Saint Denis.

This map has been pretty helpful.
https://rdr2map.com/

Also, is there anywhere to just buy pig fat? 1 fat = 1 explosive bullet?? Our maps must just be littered with boar corpses and skins. I know I'm certainly dropping everything but the fat.
You can harvest it from a few different animals, but it doesn't appear to be a purchasable item. You can only craft 20 explosive rounds anyhow.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Ducks and other waterfowl give fat as well, and they're usually in flocks so I just unload on them and grab it. I need to remember to stop and craft more often as I think I'm usually full of fat..

But man, is doing a 20-round shootout fun.. the slow-mo kills are glorious with explosive rounds.

For the fish.. I can't even get it to bite. I use the whatever vision and I think I SEE it down there, but it just won't bite on the lake lure. I've tried all day & night and nada.. I must have caught 300 bass by now instead.

Money continues to not be a problem, I upgrade everything I get/can find, always have full ammo (of all types) and camp is fully upgraded (the canoe is usable, you have to hit Y to get in). Maybe money becomes more of a commodity down the road, but the gold bars/nuggets I've gotten as quest rewards/treasure hunts has been more than enough to keep me going.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah no prompts at all. I was jumping all over it trying to figure out what to do, then I hit Y like you'd get on a horse and "walla" I got in and grabbed the oars and I was off.. very convenient.. I then beached it on.. the beach, and haven't been back yet. I hope it made it back to camp.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for the tip. I figured there had to be a way to use the damn thing.

Pro tip: Don't use the cutlass to fight Nosferatu. You'll see.:troll:

EDIT: Apparently, at the cost of honor, you can dynamite fish. Might be an easy way to get those bothersome legendary fish?

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I kept coming across boats early on and thought, "well, I guess I'm not allowed to use them yet. Maybe they'll be activated by a mission." Then I bought the dock and it didn't seem right that I still couldn't use it. "Hmm. How about the "ride my horse" button?" If you keep mashing the X he'll paddle faster.

I haven't been able to figure out how to fish from a boat or use a weapon or the binoculars. :wtf:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I kept coming across boats early on and thought, "well, I guess I'm not allowed to use them yet. Maybe they'll be activated by a mission." Then I bought the dock and it didn't seem right that I still couldn't use it. "Hmm. How about the "ride my horse" button?" If you keep mashing the X he'll paddle faster.

I haven't been able to figure out how to fish from a boat or use a weapon or the binoculars. :wtf:
You just "dismount" the boat, and then you're standing on the boat and can use everything like usual. Be careful not to fall over, but you can "mount" the boat from inside the water to get back on.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh my. How intolerant of you. I view those fellers as the game testing/goading me. "Nice try, NPC. I'm not that easy." Not to mention I'm sick of riding to the post office to pay off bounties.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
My wife just bought a new system and RDR2 to go with it for our 15 y.o. as a birthday/Christmas present, should arrive on Friday. I'll probably be asking some questions at some point. I'd even say I might be interested in giving this a play myself, but you guys talking about having to craft items and working hours to do it or having to ride 45 actual minutes to reach a destination....I dunno. THAT part doesn't sound like fun.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You don't really have to craft items, there are just some benefits if you do. Riding can be a chore, so farm cash so you can take stagecoaches, trains and upgrade your camp to unlock fast travel.

Another thing about riding will be random encounters, and just going off and exploring. Plus, it will keep you from burning through the story.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah the riding part is the meat and potatoes of the game.. sure, there is a story, but the real game is the world you experience "out there".

Crafting isn't so bad. The gathering of skins can be a chore if you're into getting everything, but none of it is really required to play the game.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The reality that getting sidetracked is amazingly easy can tell you how much fun NOT doing the story actually is. Exploring and discovering is honestly the best part of the game. Being amazed at what they put in the game.

I'm trying to craft the 2nd Pearson satchel but just cannot find freaking badgers, let alone a perfect badger. I need to get this satchel business done before continuing so I can stop this "you can't carry anymore of _____" nonsense.

Though I think my next mission is to find whichever is the fastest horse in the game. Should've done that long ago.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
This is good to hear, I was having flash-backs to my days playing UO and having to make it a second job crafting items to either sell or raise some borderline useless ability in horribly small increments.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The reality that getting sidetracked is amazingly easy can tell you how much fun NOT doing the story actually is. Exploring and discovering is honestly the best part of the game. Being amazed at what they put in the game.

I'm trying to craft the 2nd Pearson satchel but just cannot find freaking badgers, let alone a perfect badger. I need to get this satchel business done before continuing so I can stop this "you can't carry anymore of _____" nonsense.

Though I think my next mission is to find whichever is the fastest horse in the game. Should've done that long ago.
Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' Badgers!

Some of those quests are a pain.. I need a freaking IGUANA and a PANTHER.. where the heck do you even find those? Getting a perfect snake is hard enough.. now a lizard!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Got me some iguanas.. nice.. I didn't even realize that was an island, I think I just assumed it was the other side of the lake.. damn that lake is BIG.

Shot up some Civil War holdouts.. where.. exactly.. is the RDR world supposed to be taking place? I don't get why they didn't use real states/locations? I assume Lemoyne is like Louisiana? Or just analog for the south? Ambarino seems too cold and northern-y to be Kansas.. it's more like Montana or the Dakotas. West Elizabeth seems like Colorado, and Austin is Texas I guess. Mexico is, strangely, Mexico.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They took some wildly disparate regions, separated by hundreds and thousands of miles in real life, and pressed them together. Lemoyne is definitely the Old South. I think the CW hold-outs are pretty anachronistic.

I like the old Confederate artillery officer in Rhodes, though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So I'm reading the panthers and cougars are different? The pictures made them look like the same cat.

Found the arabian horse but I lost him over a ridge after some stupid wolves attacked me. Now I can't get him to reappear even after leaving the area, saving and coming back. 😡

Also, the badgers still elude me. I do need some stinking badgers...I do!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I mean.. they'd be like.. late 40's or 50's to have even been a young man in the war. I guess maybe descendants or something.. but I dunno. I want to use some of those cannons damn it.
I'd almost bet money all the cannons and fun stuff are being saved for Online.

So I'm reading the panthers and cougars are different? The pictures made them look like the same cat.

Found the arabian horse but I lost him over a ridge after some stupid wolves attacked me. Now I can't get him to reappear even after leaving the area, saving and coming back. 😡

Also, the badgers still elude me. I do need some stinking badgers...I do!
Panthers are in the forests southeast of Braithwaite Manor. I saw a badger on my travels, but fucked if I recall where.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've less I think 3 badgers. All three were not "perfect" pelts. Ugh. Their silhouette is all over the map. I go to those locations and stalk them day and night and I see three freaking badgers. THREE! C'mon!

Saw a grizzly and a white wolf fighting over a deer carcass on the ice while looking for the arabian. That was pretty cool. Promptly added them both to my compendium with my rolling rock. 😁

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Finally buy a varmint rifle, head-shot a snapping turtle, and it's only a one star?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuu

JB Smoove (Dr. Ray Diangelo Harris, host of Chakrah Attack in GTA V) tried to rob me in an alley, so I canoed his head and ventilated a couple of his pals while I was at it. Naturally, discharging my white privilege ...ah...God-given right to defense of self by dispatching this rainbow coalition of dindus.....er...rich and vibrant troupe of youthful ne'er-do-wells earned me a wanted status with the city authorities. I beat it into the swamps, where I caught me a legendary alligator gar, shot a bounty hunter in the mouth with an arrow and helped a carpetbagger take photographs of vicious local fauna. Also payed Black Belle a visit, and was glad I didn't have to kill her. I quite like the old gal.

This game, man, it's something else.