K-Tiger buys a PS4, or RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TEASER?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Speaking of being locked in a closet, have you found the Braithwaite's secret, just west of the plantation house? If you haven't, it'll probably be best in 1st person mode.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I've been playing the whole game in 1st person mode, 3rd person just feels weird. Been that way since they allowed in in GTAV. 1st person was so much more immersive.

I'm at 48% completion and about 60 hours in! That hour number could be a lot higher and I still wouldn't have much more completion I bet with all the side shit to do.. tried to power through at least a couple more missions last night. Hard making sure you don't miss any missions by moving on with the chapter.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was fucking around up near Annesburg, and damn if Javier didn't come out of the trees to fetch me back to camp.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nope, just rode up and said Dutch was worried about me, and asked if I'd like to follow him back to camp. Pretty much like what happens in a couple of those earlier missions. Man, this section of the game feels so bleak.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That happened to me right after I took out the Confederate guy a while ago, you had the option to ride with him cinematically or say no. Would be nice if you could do that on command really, sometimes I want to go back to camp but its soooooooooooo far away.

Powered through a couple more missions, think maybe I'm close to chapter 4. I think after the satchels being all done I'm through messing around and will just play through the story.

I don't need any more money, so small time crime ain't worth the time, the different outfits at the trapper.. ehhh. Cool, but not really needed at this point. I have all the guns and ammo the game allows me to have at this point..

I kind of wish they had spread out the upgrades a little more maybe.. but I have played for north of 60 hours, so.. I dunno. I don't think I'm going to be hit by the 'collectible' bug to track down every little thing.. especially since the rewards are kind of useless in the long run.

Some RPGs do this really well by making things always a struggle till the very end, so it keep you motivated. I don't see it as a real 'problem' here, it just kind of happens.. and makes a lot of the cool aspects of the game unnecessary. Like I don't need to both killing animals anymore to sell or for food.. I have it for days, or can just buy food or whatever.. it's easier. If they made money actually scarce (glitch notwithstanding), you'd feel more in line with what they experience in camp always trying to come up with a couple nickles to rub together.. but as it stands the camp is always flush with cash, so we 'should' be able to just head West and end the game already!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, it's certainly not a struggle, even if I wasn't Rickie Schroder. There are pick ups everywhere. After a fire fight, loot the dead and you're all stocked up.

I will say that hunting down all the animals and fish is fun. Not sure I'll care much about getting all of the trapper upgrades. That seems like it could get quite tedious especially since I'm not partial to the look of said upgrades.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
None of the Trapper outfits are all that interesting, but the legendary Panther cloak is pimp as fuck. I wanted to dress my Arthur up like Dutch, but it's pretty difficult to get him to look real stylish.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, the legendary animals sure.. though even those are kind of so-so now.. they should have made them more different.. its the same pattern every time.. makes it really easy/boring. Most of them just run away from you as well!

I dunno, I like the game, but I feel like maybe they added some stuff as padding where they didn't need it. Since there are only a couple legendary ones, would it have been so hard to make each hunt a little unique? A mini-mission? There was a white cougar hunt in a cave that was fun and wasn't even a legendary animal.

So far my favorite thing is the random encounters you find along the way. I was chasing some fool who was rude to me, racing after his horse, and ran straight into a confederate ambush where they blew up a wagon and knocked me off my horse.. had a big firefight just outta no where. That was cool.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Random encounters are one of the great things about RDR. I think they're saving everything for RDR:O microtransactions.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't even want to know what them greedy dicks left out only to charge for it in one form or another, online. I don't even want to know. If you all find out about BTTF content, don't tell me!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Played a bunch the last couple days, got to 65% done, and Chapter VI. Whew that was a doozie getting there.

Pretty much just plowing through missions now, occasionally hunting something if I see it nearby, but no real need to.

Mid-game spoilers

Chapter V was a nice break with no inventory etc. It's crazy how superhuman you are with 99 of everything back home

Some of the moments are damn bleak.. does not appear the story is headed in a positive direction,

Again, as I have only played RDR1 briefly.. I only know John makes it (obviously). I can't even remember who you're fighting against as it's been too long, so it'll be a whole new experience for me once I finish this and start RDR1.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I've only been there once so far.

Side story..

I had to go into Saint Dennis for something, and was pretty far away.. I saw a eastbound train chugging along, so I rode up next to it and jumped on.. sweet! Free ride into town. Well, I was wondering what's on a train so I started walking between cars and there was a guard guy who yelled at me, I disengaged, said sorry, and moved to the next car.. no one there.. next car down the line.. a different guard (looked the same though) said "I ALREADY TOLD YOU TO GET OUT!" and shot at me.. what! You're a new dude! I killed him. Thought I'd be clever and tossed the body off the train.. well.. nope.. apparently someone saw the body and SOMEHOW identified me as doing it.. and so the train stops and the law is everywhere.. ran through about 6 bottles of snake oil and just killed everyone I could see.. ended up with like a $300 bounty, had to flee Saint Dennis for a different station to pay my bounty.. and still had to ride back into town.. :shakefist::shakefist::shakefist::shakefist:

Thankfully cash is still in plentiful supply so it's just an annoyance thing. I don't know if they should make it harder to get in trouble or harder to clear your name.. cause right now both are ridiculously easy so it somehow makes it pointless to get in trouble, or stay out of trouble.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Gonna need some more context than that. There are a lot of Rapey people in the game lol

I had a random encounter with a black guy on a horse and he had a black lady on the back tied up. I killed him and freed her and she just continued to bitch and bitch and bitch, even at me lol. I think I ended up killing her.

Did Eddie find the Eugenics guy in St Denis?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thankfully cash is still in plentiful supply so it's just an annoyance thing. I don't know if they should make it harder to get in trouble or harder to clear your name.. cause right now both are ridiculously easy so it somehow makes it pointless to get in trouble, or stay out of trouble.
It's funny that they even give you the option to be a bad guy (get bad rep) because I'm a good guy and easily get into trouble. Being bad must be spawning in an online game and instantly getting slaughtered every time. But yeah, it's more of a big annoyance getting into some nonsense skirmish, riding away from whatever you were trying to do, go pay the bounty, and then finally getting back to the task at hand.

Have any of you run into Rapey McRaperson in the swamp? Saw a video about him today...yikes.
I have. I saw the writing on the wall a mile away and just skedaddled. It was so obvious that they may as well've played the Deliverance music.

I had a random encounter with a black guy on a horse and he had a black lady on the back tied up. I killed him and freed her and she just continued to bitch and bitch and bitch, even at me lol. I think I ended up killing her.

Did Eddie find the Eugenics guy in St Denis?
I had the experience with the sassy black b!tch too. I took her to where she wanted to go. I had looted so many people at that point and was getting into the negative rep and needed to reverse course, so she lived.

As for the question, no, I did not find that guy. I've actually spent very, very little time in St. Denis. It's so dirty and not even close to as beautiful as the rest of the map.

So am I really going to love him or was that sarcasm?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
To clarify my earlier question...

There's a guy living in a shack in the swamp and if you start talking to him he invites you in for food. Once inside though, he knocks you out. Arthur blacks out but you can hear the guy talking....and you hear the sound of a belt buckle being undone.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
nacho How is Ghost Recon: Wildlands not on your list? I mean seriously, it's the only shooter you'll need for MONTHS. It's the equivalent of having all your 1:18 toys remote controlled in a digital sandbox and it never really gets old. Plus Predator.

Oh, and TF Devastation sucks. It looks great and gives ya the feels for the first 30min, but then you realize you are boxed in and unable to do anything but exactly what they force you to do. Just the same repetative button mashing over and over and over.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
In doing lots of PS4 single player game research, that one didn't seem to come up on many lists. But that does sound pretty fun. I'll definitely be on the lookout for it next time I hit gamestop. Good call.

Devastation... I'm aware of it's limitations, as I bought it for the PC when it was first released and played it until I got bored/frustrated (pretty quickly). I mostly got it on PS4 for my son, as he's 11 and likes button mashing. Getting it sub-$15 is a cheap way to help reinforce the G1 love, lest he fall in love with bugformers or something, which would force me to banish him from our home. It's for his own good!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
For some reason GR:W flew under a lot of radars, but it seriously might be the best game I've played in 10yrs. I still play it when I want to wander the country side playing army. Hopping into a mini bird with dual mini-guns and strafing a car running from you in a thunderstorm is jaw dropping. It all looks so real and the dynamic weather effects are only beaten (maybe) by RDR2. Plus the map has everything including snow capped mountains, salt flats, woods, grasslands, swamps, rivers and finally lakes. Everything that can be found in the actual country.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Hey now, it wasn't 1000. It was (checks).. 354 hours. 21,372 killed enemies!

It was really good, basically spent March 2017 until October 2017 in Bolivia.. not sure I even played any other games. The multiplayer was meh, could never get into it really. But the single player sandbox was sublime. If they somehow could add a 1st person mode it'd be perfection.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm trying to sidetrack myself as not to get to the end. Just met Charlotte, I think she might be an important character. Goddamn cougar finally ambushed me!