K-Tiger buys a PS4, or RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TEASER?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Losing pelts/carcasses and not realizing it until it's too late is very irritating. It's too bad there isn't some kind of indicator that it happened.

Did I mention getting ambushed by a grizzly and deadeyeing him literally just in time? So I'm skinning him and get mauled and killed by a second grizzly. Seriously! And that first one was a perfect pelt! :shakefist:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Major plot spoiler. If you haven't reached Chapter 6 you may just want to ignore this post.
I've hit my first real disappointment with how the story is handled, and how much of a missed opportunity the camp and gang members were. They really missed out on using cut scenes to build up Molly's long-simmering rage and resentment. It also really points out the inadequacies of the dialog system (in case you needed further proof).

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Major plot spoiler. If you haven't reached Chapter 6 you may just want to ignore this post.
I've hit my first real disappointment with how the story is handled, and how much of a missed opportunity the camp and gang members were. They really missed out on using cut scenes to build up Molly's long-simmering rage and resentment. It also really points out the inadequacies of the dialog system (in case you needed further proof).

CH6 spoiler response..

I actually didn't think it was missed at all, though I can see how people could miss it. I walked in/past/by their arguments probably 5 different times at camp, each one getting worse than the last. Usually whenever I'd hear people talking or telling an actual story to one another I'd stop and listen. So her decision to turn traitor didn't come as a huge surprise, or at least was understandable from a character perspective. Dutch is also progressively becoming a bigger and bigger asshole. I feel bad for Arthur. Having such important info just "exist" in the world helps with the whole experience for me, as you have to always be aware of what is going on in the world.

Also, fuck Strauss.

That being said, I do feel that there should be more of a RPG-esque dialog tree option.. instead of "nice" or "mean" options.. but I guess that gets the story going where they want it to, and probably makes things easier.

I've been trying to do as many white missions as I can find before moving onto the next yellow mission as I am always afraid I won't be able to go back. I am pretty sure I already missed out on a couple, hope they weren't anything awesome. Still can't catch legendary fish.. I go to spot, use the right lures and get nothing.. no bites no nada.. I don't get it.

Ran across a naked dude running in the woods and howling.. I thought for sure he'd turn into a werewolf.. but turns out he was just some kid who ran away from home and lived with wolves. He did not survive.

The Butcher Crick mission was pretty fun, kinda like a Scooby Doo mission.

Side note.. the whole collection mission things are wack. I was looking up the Cigarette Card mission and for a lot of the sets you get $50 plus a stat potion (Valerian root, etc) as a reward. The fuck? I don't have a single set collected yet and my stats are all maxed, so the reward is basically useless (I don't need $50). How are you supposed to collect all these things in time where you're not super far in the game? Seems weird. Pretty much all the collectible things are useless to me by Chapter 6 (and really probably by Chapter 4). Is there something that I'm missing?

Also, when I'm white hatting the game I have this in the background, I hit max "good rating" recently.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Legendary fish. I go at dawn and dusk. Have had great luck. A couple caught on the first cast. Gotta use the "legendary" lures.

I saw the wild man as well. I expected more to it. Maybe killing his wolves was the wrong move?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Legen-dary lures? Where does one find those? I thought you just needed the lake/etc lures. No wonder I haven't been catching buttkiss.

And yeah, I killed the wolves and got black hat marks, which was weird. I wonder what happens if you don't attack them? They looked violent and wolves are a bitch when you're on horseback so I didn't think twice..

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I guess you're right, NSA. Though it's possible you could miss those fights.

I think I saw the naked guy, but something else was happening at the same time, so I lost track of him. Legendary lures are at the bait shop in Lagras. Apparently you can harvest all the cigarette cards buy just buying and dumping premium smokes in the stores. No real point in sending them off, They're more interesting to look at than to send-off.

Is finding Lemuel the start of the Butcher's Creek mission chain?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And yeah, I killed the wolves and got black hat marks, which was weird. I wonder what happens if you don't attack them? They looked violent and wolves are a bitch when you're on horseback so I didn't think twice..
I looked up videos for maybe an alternate play-out, but it seems the way we've gone about it is the only way that I can find.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I guess you're right, NSA. Though it's possible you could miss those fights.

I think I saw the naked guy, but something else was happening at the same time, so I lost track of him. Legendary lures are at the bait shop in Lagras. Apparently you can harvest all the cigarette cards buy just buying and dumping premium smokes in the stores. No real point in sending them off, They're more interesting to look at than to send-off.

Is finding Lemuel the start of the Butcher's Creek mission chain?
I could have sword I got the lures then.. or are there two kinds of lures? (not bait)

I did a quest up north for "old Tyrant" which is a giant fish, with a dude with 1 leg, and he gave me some special lake lure.. but I don't know if that's different than the other ones.. it's all so confusing.. this fishing nonsense..

And yes Lemuel is the start of that chain, it's pretty good/funny, though I am not sure if I'm completely done,

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There are body of water-specific lures I.E. I got a Lake Lure for sending in one of the Legendary fish. The Special " " Lures are purchasable in Lagras, or given like you mentioned. They'll work on any fish in their particular body of water, but are necessary to catch a Legendary Fish.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I found them twice. Once somewhere up by that old Templar'ish tomb, and after that close to home base in chapter 3. They were trying to set up. I didn't do anything to them. Just watched. I expected the SJW game to give me bad guy rep for not slaughtering "dem evil racists!"

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Chapter 6 has come to a close. 113 hours later. Whew.

"end" game spoilers

Yes, there is an epilogue.. still need to finish that.

I kinda rushed through the last 5-8 story missions, since I had a pretty good idea what was coming, no sense dicking around for hours with skins and looting nonsense. Tried to do all the white stranger missions I could beforehand.

RIP my beautiful beautiful snow white Arabian horse.

There is still a TON of the map I haven't been to.. Blackwater was WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE the entire game.. I wonder if that is covered in the epilogue? Weird that no mission ever went down there.

Fuck Micah.

The talk with the nun at the train station? Yeesh. "I'm scared, sister"

That final ride got my right misty eye'd. I ended up about as 'good' as you could get, I wonder if the 'bad' ending is different?

Ugh.

GOTY 11/10

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's been I think a couple weeks since I've been back to camp or done anything story related. I wonder how long that is in-game? I went back last night to make sure that they had supplies and cash and they all acted like I had died. 😂

I did stumble upon the eugenics guy last night. It's a shame that they force your character to be an SJW.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
More player agency in games would be nice, but I imagine it would be a slippery slope, and got to be hard to account for all the different player actions possible. Probably why we only get good or bad choices and not shades of gray.

I never really notice the day/night cycle in this game, which is odd. Nighttime is way too bright, but it's the same with almost every other game. It's only sufficiently dark inside caves.

Can't wait to properly tie everything with a bow and start RDR. I wish they'd remastered it, but hopefully its similar enough that I can jump right in.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've noticed nighttime brightness depends on cloud cover and moon cycle. Sometimes I think it's evening until I check the time and it's 1am. Other times It seems just about right. If I get far enough into a cave it's pitch black. Maybe adjust the brightness bar? Ya know, the one that got set before you even started the game.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah it definitely shifts, but it never really gets dark dark, even without the moon out.

I can play with the brightness, but everything else seems fine and nice in the daytime and I don't want to screw with it.

I've yet to find a game that does actual nighttime convincingly. It just feels like daytime with a dark shade over the light source.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dat ending doe.

You know what's coming, but it doesn't make it easier. Arthur is easily the more compelling character, but he has the advantage of a team working eight years on his story. Player knowledge makes you feel terrible for Jack.

I'm in the Epilogue now, so final thoughts when I wrap that up. Lulz at John passing up on that cougar trim.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I delayed as long as I could. :shakefist: Gonna look up the surviving members and the graves around the map and probably call it a day for a while. Bravo, Rockstar. Great game, even with the shortcomings. Too bad you're going to waste Online by making it a old west-flavored GTA:O clone.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Giggity.

Yeah, once you get past Chapter 5 it kind of snowballs downhill and you really want to just progress with the story.

I played a bit into the epilogue, but need to try and tackle it this week, after the 'end' I was a bit dispirited to continue.

Wondering if I'll start up a 2nd play through and then really take my time, probably between Chapter 2 and 3. The beginning will probably be a ton easier as I know WTF I am doing now. My only gripe is that you don't get access to all weapons/etc until you 'earn' them in the story, which is.. I dunno, kind of annoying.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It is a bit dispiriting going into the Epilogue. I've got a ~9% save still, I might go back to that one. Go and kill Billy Midnight so I can get the Mauser a LOT earlier. Maybe screw around with the cheats.

RDR was like that on the guns as well.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Is the mauser good? I got it but forgot to use it for most of the game and you couldn't buy it till who knows when. I used dual volcanic pistols for most of the game since I made them pretty.

Kinda wish you could remove guns from inventory too since I had guns I never used.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You can put a lot of rounds on-target, but the Schofield and the Volcanic hit harder. I'd say explosive ammo all the things, but unless you have the last satchel you can't make enough to matter.

Agreed on unused guns. Cattleman is a waste of time, and I somehow ended up with several of those and more than one double-action revolver, but not the one I customized. Figure that shit out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeadh I got two double barrels shot guns and I never used it! Pshaw.

What was your spirit animal? I guess it changes based on how you play the game.. I got the Stag/Buck/Deer looking thing.
You mean when Arthur starts having the dreams? I got the stag as well. I played as a white hat, and those, as well as the ending, are decided by your honor. Low honor is a coyote scavenging on a boar. It also effect's what Arthur's grave looks like.

View attachment 11769

So many cool set pieces in the game.
Yes, indeed!

Do you ever get to play racist, violent cowboys and morally superior, not at all savage indians? Our PC world sucks because that would be a lot of fun.
Hell, no. We're just now getting a small German campaign in Battlefield.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It doesn't become truly explorable until the epilogue. Speaking off, I'm still part II of the epilogue. I still miss Arthur and my Arabian.

Kind of miss Buell, too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think it may have been because canonically John was supposedly never in West Elizabeth prior to purchasing Beecher's Hope. I also think they just included 2/3rd of the RDR1 map for Online.