K-Tiger buys a PS4, or RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TEASER?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
True and true. I am sure they could have a found a reason to send Arthur down there for.. something or another though.. but whatever, the game was plenty long and plenty good as is. I'm just nitpicking.

Need to try and get my ass in gear to finish the epilogue soon and start RDR1.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Finally finished the epilogue. I appreciated that they mentioned Arthur, and the part about Jack remembering the fishing trip (As well as Milton and Ross) was nice. Story-wise, RDR1 starts 4 years later, NSA, so playing them in the order you are should be pretty seamless. Certain anachronisms aside, anyhow. Oh, and sit through the end credits!

Goddamn, this game needs singleplayer DLC.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm up for almost anything. There are sections of the map were an Undead Nightmare scenario could be legit scary. One covering Sadie, either post-game or during her time tending the gang would be cool. Hell, give me something to do with Charles. Guarma is largely inaccessible because of wanted level, open that bitch up! Supposedly there are audio files for Jack Marston all grown up, so there may be something to do with him.

What I suspect will happen is we'll get rides, clothing and guns ported over, similar to what they did with the first couple of years of GTAV. Once RDO get's cranking we won't even get those, and any talk of singleplayer campaign DLC will be lost in a sea of predatory microtranactions. :shakefist:

Finally, that soundtrack. "American Venom" sounded straight out of RDR1, and the last final credits track was something else, especially paired with the interspersed cut scenes.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Okay.. I need to power through the epilogue now, so I can finally start RDR1.

The soundtrack for this game was simply on another level.. it is so good. Just songs and the campfire songs and the instrumental stuff.

I'd like single player DLC but doubt we get much.. strange that they put so much time and effort into the main single player game.. and then skimp on DLC. Hopefully they don't just skip the main game altogether next time.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
.. strange that they put so much time and effort into the main single player game.. and then skimp on DLC.
The main game is just the hook. Once set, they real in suckers with online micro crap. Weird that they don't think they can do it with single players, but clearly they've done their homework and know where the most cash is. Maybe they think/know that when offered in single player, players are less likely to buy it online or play online at all...?

*shrugs* Whatever. It sucks, but at least the main game is as good as it is. Maybe I/we should be thankful. They're saving us money.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, multiplayer-based online content (which you can get people to dump real money into over the course of years) has replaced the single player DLC package. It's a shame, because Rockstar did fucking awesome single player DLC.
but RDR2 made me FEEL a lot more with my time with it. I'll let it marinate a bit, but it's really something special.
It really, really was.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I feel like there is a market for both.. but maybe it's just not worth it.. how many people just waited for the "GOTY" editions to get the DLC down the road anyway? I guess doing nothing is marginally better than selling "$4.99 missions" that are barely anything.. cause I'd probably still buy them and just be mad (at them, at myself).

There are so many online games now forgoing the single player.. I wonder if it'll spread.

Meh. Gonna work on the epilogue tonight damn it! Need some western whiskey to go along with it..

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Think I got about half way through the epilogue last night.. finally done with farming (for now, hopefully).

Love the little story beats though.

Sadie really needs her own story/DLC. She's awesome. I was sad that you didn't really get to do too much with her in the main game.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You can peep on a couple smoking opium. The guy wants to get...amorous, but they're too stoned to do anything other than fall off the bed.

You'll see a couple of guys peeping in on them through the window, they'll run off as you approach. Prepare to lose honor, but the chuckle is worth it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I played the game so White Hat.. I was maxed on White mid-way through the game. Did anyone play pure black hat? I saw some of the story differences and.. yeesh. White hat seems the way to go.

So easy to farm too, I would always greet everyone in town as I walked by haha. I must have been so annoying.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The story is so much more poigniant if you played as a white hat, and that was the biggest reward for me. I hear playing it as a black hat up until
the doc gives you the long face
, then going white is pretty good, too.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It seemed there are too many benefits to playing white than black. (PRIVILEGE!) Rewards that you just don't get playing bad guy.
Yeah, I mean the biggest benefit to black hatting it, I guess, is that you can get more money by robbing everyone? All the time? But money is never ever an issue in the game outside of the first couple of hours maybe, so.. I dunno. I guess if you like the freedom to do your own thing, then that's a benefit as well.

But yeah the store discounts, way people treat you, etc etc just made it make a lot more sense to be good.

The story is so much more poigniant if you played as a white hat, and that was the biggest reward for me. I hear playing it as a black hat up until
the doc gives you the long face
, then going white is pretty good, too.
I can see that, that is probably where you really start getting real clear choices with your actions. It felt natural to go with it though, I really felt for the character and basically stopped doing random stuff since you kind of feel it coming.

So.. SPOILER question for end of the main game part...

I'm confused, was the money in the cave the BLACKWATER loot, and Dutch was lying and had it the whole time (what?!) or was that all the money you'd been making and saving since the start of the game? If this gets explained in the epilogue just say epilogue lol

pcsguy88 Did you ever get more time to play? I know you were going to try over the holidaze?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So.. SPOILER question for end of the main game part...

I'm confused, was the money in the cave the BLACKWATER loot, and Dutch was lying and had it the whole time (what?!) or was that all the money you'd been making and saving since the start of the game? If this gets explained in the epilogue just say epilogue lol
Epilogue!
The money in the cave is the gang savings.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Made it to Epilogue Part Deux.

The house building cutscene/thing was pretty cool. Loved the use of the music/actions. Fucking Uncle.. lol. Right now I'm working on getting a Barn.. the damn Skinner gang is nasty!

KT.. if you estimated.. how much game is left? Trying to figure out when I can finish it. I realized John has Arthurs journal (after getting Charles) and so I finally went back and read a bunch of the entries.. oh how I miss Arthur dearly.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
After completing RDR1 it was free roam. You could still finish up side missions that were missed during the main story or anything else to get 100% completion if you wanted. I'm missing just one thing because I can NOT master the freaking poker crap. That'll likely be the reason I can't 100% RDR2.