K-Tiger buys a PS4, or RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TEASER?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So I booted up RDR2 and rode down south west to see what there was to see..

Man I forgot how good RDR2 looks, RDR1 isn't bad, all things considered, but RDR2 in the same places looks outstanding.

Armadillo is basically empty, the cholera! Went by Bonnies farm.. it's there, but you can't talk to anyone or really do anything. It seems like it'd not as developed yet, which I guess makes sense.

Rode around and most things seem about the same, nice being able to "know where you're going" even though you're going somewhere for the first time.

Now I wish they'd made use of that part of the map for story stuff in-game.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Still at only, nearly 60% story completion. I just got to the point where we feed the mob boss in Saint Denis to a gator. Trying to keep up with the other stuff is so much more interesting to me.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was wrong. I was only at 50% completion. NOW I am at 60+%. Just got back from Guarma and had it out with the Pinkos in the swamps. OOoo-WEE!

Anyway, I want to go back to Guarma and get the rest of the unique animals. Supposedly there is an unlisted sea turtle.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't think the Guarma animals count towards completion. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a lot more initially planned for Guarma, and most of it just got scrapped in the final version.

There's always online DLC. If, ya know, R* decides to stop letting RDR:O be the worst online game ever.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So Buelle died...😭

I spent hours HOURS looking for a freaking train to rob when it suddenly clicked. I blew up the bridge. No more trains. 🤬

Do they return later? Does the bridge get repaired? I just started the epilogue. Do I eventually get all of the weapons that Arthur had? All of my $1,010,000??

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heh, I acquired Buelle so late in the story that I just stabled him. I was riding my Arabian in chapter 7. That scene definitely benefits from the player having bonded with whichever horse they happen to be riding in that mission.

Guns and kit: Yes
Money: Nope.
You'll be flush again at the end of the epilogue.

I've been meaning to pick this back up, but I may reinstall to 1.00 and start again.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I was very sad to see the fate of my horse, I was still using the White Arabian, but had been using it for most of the game, so had more attachment to it than anything else.

It was jarring to lose everything at the epilogue, but you get it back after not too long, just enjoy the slow pace of the epilogue while it lasts. I really liked some of the montages.

I still haven't been able to get back into RDR1.. really missing some of the quality of life improvements in RDR2.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Since I have autosave turned off, when I lose a horse, I usually lose him for good, and that happened a few times. Before I got Buelle, I had recently, accidentally walked Cute Boots off of a small cliff. So I wasn't long into bonding with a new one. I happily traded up for the old hermit.

It was funny that my horse got such a sad ending while Arthur's death wasn't even shown. I thought they were really going to force the player to morn him...nope.

Another thing that I lost that was a huge PITA to acquire was my set of animals for the 6th Wildlife Exhibit. Collecting those birds was not easy. All of my food and built up herbs...so much stuff! Gone! :hulk:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I played white hat as much as I could. Certain challenges made it impossible to be 100%. I went back to the cave to get the money, wrestled with Micha(sp?), Dutch walked away, Arthur lay coughing on the ground as Micha walked away with the cash...fade to black. If there's more to it, I haven't gotten there yet.

Finally made my way over to proto Armadillo. Stopped some bandits, was the hero, sheriff quit, lol. But I picked up one of their bandito hats and went back to Valentine. Lot of "That's an interesting hat there, pardner" type comments. 😄

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So I just ripped off a coach with 3 passengers. The 2 chicks jumped out but the old man stuck back there making terrified sounds the entire time while I waited for the wanted level to go away. I expected it to reappear with him back there, but it did not. So I took it to the fence with him in it and it was accepted! He got out and started wondering around the barn and the fence locked him in! :laugh:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This game is cruel. Two wolves were attacking me while I was on foot, so naturally I kill them. I come back the following night (hunting an owl) and there is a lone wolf howling. Where? Right next to and facing the corpse of the wolf I shot the previous night. Relentlessly. They put a morning wolf in the game. Why? To make the player feel bad? :wtf:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm just milling about the map, and I stumbled into the Guthrie farm, adjacent to Emerald Ranch. Found one of the Guthries dead in a stall, pants down, mind you, with his prized sheep laying next to him. Missed this on my first play through.:laugh:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There's a ravine sort of area just north of the marshy area to the north of Emerald Station, so east/ N east'ish of the farm you mentioned. You'll find a roaming black sheep with a surprise. You can hear his bell dingling. I found the surprise by killing it thinking that the prize would be taking the pelt to the trapper. I got negative rep by doing so. You could probably rope the sheep and get the prize by not killing it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There's a ravine sort of area just north of the marshy area to the north of Emerald Station, so east/ N east'ish of the farm you mentioned. You'll find a roaming black sheep with a surprise. You can hear his bell dingling. I found the surprise by killing it thinking that the prize would be taking the pelt to the trapper. I got negative rep by doing so. You could probably rope the sheep and get the prize by not killing it.
Oh, shit. I saw that sheep! Didn't do anything with it, though.

EDIT: Looks like you can rope it, but the only option is to kill it. I'm guessing the prize matches the one you can get off the body in the stall.

Last edited: