K-Tiger buys a PS4, or RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TEASER?

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah! RDR in 4K! I will finally go back and play/finish this now.. the Xbox people are wizards to be able to do that to an 8 year old game with no change to the code.. and no extra cost!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Amazon has put up an page for a RDRII art book, due out 10/30. Looking like we won't be seeing anymore delays.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If there is one company that hasn't yielded to SJW its Rockstar.. mostly.. I think they'll stay true for this one too. GTAV has made like.. a kajillion dollars for them.
They're pretty good about bucking the SJW shit. I have heard a report that there aren't any Natives in RDR2, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The character Javier Escuela is back, but I don't think Mexico is on the leaked map, which only goes as far west as Thieves Landing. Not sure that what that means for characters from south of the border. I imagine there will be Mexicans, though, and I suspect that there will be Natives, too. IGN and the rest only saw ~45 minutes or so of the game.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I've actually seen that become more and more common. With so many people buying digitally.. it lets you buy the game and then buy the special stuff too. I wouldn't want two copies of the game.

I feel like some of these extravagant collectors editions are dying down though.. so many stupid statues or other uselessness laying about.

The special edition or whatever seems right. I don't need none of that online malarkey.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I suspect Online is gonna be fun for all of 15 minutes before hackers or Shark Card users make things decidedly not-fun.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Got a PS4 today! YAY! We had a voucher to spend if we never made a warranty claim in the specified period, so it was "free".

I'm going to pick up Friday the 13th game tomorrow and give it a try. Been interested since the day I heard about. It's been out for a while and is pretty cheap.

Any other suggestions? I'm NOT a fan of online games. That world is just chock-full of a-holes and pros who literally do nothing else but make games no fun for noobs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice! I think I heard they've had to stop updating Ft13th, though. Can't go wrong with Far Cry 5, and if you haven't played L.A. Noire yet, it has been remasters for current gen consoles.

Other than that, I don't know. FC5 is the only game I've actually played for PS4.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Ghost Recon: Wildlands is great if you want a large open world to play private contractor in with plenty of nature to explore and you want to do your part to depopulate South America.

FarCry5 is basically the humorous version of GR:W with animals and way less strategy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why did they have to stop updating Friday? Legal issues?
Yup, lawsuit over who actually owns the rights has pretty much killed any further DLC for the game.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands is great if you want a large open world to play private contractor in with plenty of nature to explore and you want to do your part to depopulate South America.

FarCry5 is basically the humorous version of GR:W with animals and way less strategy.
Who doesn't want to depopulate South America?

:troll:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, lawsuit over who actually owns the rights has pretty much killed any further DLC for the game.
So I looked into it a bit. That's a bummer. BUT, they are releasing an "ultimate" edition with everything released up until they were forbidden to release anymore in September and they still do bug fixes and patches. I'm typically good with the game I buy since I abhor being forced to pay for things that should've been in the game to begin with. What kind of freaking scam is that?!

As for the games you guys mentioned, I'll have to watch some vids to see what they are like. Like you, KT, I'm a big fan of open world games like GTA and RDR, so anything along those lines would be right up my alley.

Any other suggestions? I'm NOT a fan of online games. That world is just chock-full of a-holes and pros who literally do nothing else but make games no fun for noobs.
I would say that you should possibly reconsider this. As a long time gamer, yes online can suck. Really really suck if you're in random public matches sometimes. But getting online with your friends and buddies, I can honestly say I've had some of the best times of my entire gaming life online. The trick is finding people that you have similar interests, like my gaming Clan does for me and my wife. I usually HATE pub matches, but I've also met some really cool people in them, some whom I've invited and they joined my Elder Scrolls guild !.

To give you an idea about what I'm talking about, a few years back before the PS4, my old PS3 finally bit the dust. My Clanmates bought me a new PS3 much to my surprise and had it sent to my home, just so we could continue to game with them. And when my son was born, they made my wife her own special pink Clan t-shirt (all of ours is black with the Death Star), and had a custom Clan onesie made up for my baby son !.

My wife loves to chat with all the guys on my headset. It all started with them hearing her talk in the background, and laughing about what she was saying. So I asked her if she wanted to say Hi to everyone and the rest is history. She now has her own headset she uses to chat with everyone when I'm gaming with them. She is the only non gamer in the entire history of my Clan that they've made an honorary lifetime member. I swear they have more fun with her, then they do with me, Heh !. And now online gaming is a fun thing that we can share together.

So I would tell you not to be so quick to condemn online gaming. Yes, there are a lot of assholes online. But there could also be a great new group of friends that you haven't met yet. Please feel free to add me on your PSN; "Deslock". I'd be happy to jam with ya anytime !.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm sure that it can be a blast. I linked a GTA fail video yesterday and those guys in all of the random clips sounded like they were having a hilarious time.

My issue, none of my real world friends play vid games of any kind. And I also get the impression that playing online with friends can consume your life. I'm sure there are ways around those issues, but eh, sounds like work. 😁

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I’m with you Eddie, online is horrible unless I’m playing with NSA every decade or so when our games and schedules sync up. I’d rather just wonder the world playing my way than to deal with randoms and I’m certainly not going to take the time to meet a clan.

If Sony would get the stick out of their ass and allow crossplay, then we’d have enough people here for a squad in Wildlands.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You make a good point I hadn't even thought of. Even if my friends did game online, there's no guarantee that we'd all have the same system.

And ya know, my reason for enjoying open world games so much is my ability to do whatever I want without being anchored down to missions. Couple missions with being relied on by other people?? No. No thank you. I'm good.

or maybe this one is better?

My issue, none of my real world friends play vid games of any kind. And I also get the impression that playing online with friends can consume your life. I'm sure there are ways around those issues, but eh, sounds like work. 😁
That's my point, they don't have to be your IRL friends. I was like you, a merc. A loner. I'd had Clan offers before, but I'd never paid them much mind. I was jamming on the OG SWBF1 waaaay back on the PS2. We were getting our asses handed to us right handily. Mostly due to the guys on my team being outright dumbasses. team killing, not playing the objective, goofing off in the vehicles, etc. Well, of course we lost. I just went off on the mic !. Calling them all out for being complete idiots !. I was pissed off beyond belief.

I get sent this message from another player telling me to check out his Clan, as they valued teamwork, support, and playing games the right way. No big deal, that I didn't have to join or anything, just check them out. I figured what the Hell, couldn't hurt. I really had no interest at the time in being in a Clan, but I was sure tired as Hell of being in games with fools and idiots, and losing due to stupidity. They were Imperial based, with actual rank structures in place, and they offered to let me play a few games with them to see if I liked them, and they liked me. I had a blast with them, and signed up for a tryout. And I never looked back !. I quickly shot up the ranks, and I'm now one of the highest ranked members there. The guys and girls there have become my dearest friends over the years. The brotherhood we have there is amazing !.

About a year ago I was bumming around in Elder Scrolls online. Just doing my own thing, doing solo quests and whatnot. You can run with others if you want to, or play the game completely solo, which I really like, as there's times I just want to play alone. I ran up on a group mission to take out a world boss. I wanted the achievement, so I jumped in. Started blasting the boss, killings adds, and running around healing everyone. Some dude sent me an offer to join his guild, because I was helping so much, so once again, I figured why not ?. Can't hurt to check them out. they looked like a nice no pressure social group, with an emphasis on helping others. Right up my alley !. So I joined up and ran a few games with them. And now I'm a high ranking officer with them also. And I've also made some new friends. Erika, Lorabeth, Zombina, Si, and the guild master are now my buds.

My point being I didn't look for these folks, there was no work to it. They found me. And I've made some great friends. And it's no big hassle, we meet almost every Thursday night to figure out what we want to play, have a few beers, to laugh and have fun together. All I'm saying, is don't be so quick to discount online games, you might just have more fun than you've ever thought of, with the right group. And I didn't have to go looking for anybody. No work at all.

Last edited:

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
This is why you need GR:Wildlands. Never before had I played a game that gave me an entire country to go play gi joe however I wanted while giving me 3 team members to order around. Absolutely breath taking at times.

Haha where did you find these pictures? The last one (Helo) is my screenshot! That was like version 1.0 of the game on a non Xbox One X too.. I couldn't believe the detail and draw distance while flying. It's only gotten better since launch too.. they're doing another free content release tomorrow. I need to boot it back up and take a look. I could never get into the Ghost War MP mode though.. just not enough time.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I found a game I want to try.

It's "older" and cheap so it's not too much of a risk.
Saints Row IV is pretty out there. I kind of wanted it after playing SR: The Third, but never did. Replayed the latter somewhat recently, and it didn't age well for me.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Haha where did you find these pictures? The last one (Helo) is my screenshot! That was like version 1.0 of the game on a non Xbox One X too.. I couldn't believe the detail and draw distance while flying. It's only gotten better since launch too.. they're doing another free content release tomorrow. I need to boot it back up and take a look. I could never get into the Ghost War MP mode though.. just not enough time.

How funny considering I pulled all of them off of Google image search. Now that I’m done with the cult, I need to go back to Wildlands since FC just doesn’t have the same replay value.