K-Tiger buys a PS4, or RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TEASER?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, some of the ingredient requirements are fucked.

Oh, and the dueling this time around is just so counter-intuitive. Slowly depressing R2, then having to release and press it again sucks. I failed dueling Granger nearly a dozen times because of that shit.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm doing it wrong because I only got 2 gold bars out of it last night. I'll give it one more shot this weekend. I just want 1 load to make me comfortable as I continue learning.
If you don't load a save from BEFORE you ever picked up a gold bar, it won't work.

I went to the gun smith and upgraded the crap out of my weapons. Stocked up on ammo and split every round. I got a clamp out to hold down the X button. Holding it down myself? Ain nobahy gah time fo dat!

Where do you go to get your horse all dolled up?

K-Tiger I don't know about that fence you mentioned. I only know of the two in Rhodes and Saint Wherever.

EDIT: If this map is accurate, it looks like the Rhodes fence is closest.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
3rd time was charmed and I took my 30 bars to Rhodes. I think that’ll be my only load considering my first stop was to a gunsmith to buy and customize every weapon, then on to the general store to stock up on clothes and supplies and finally $200 in the camp donation box. I still have +$14k left over.

What the hell do you do with a buffalo skin? I can’t sell it at the store and it’s too big to carry around.

Is there a place I can buy a good horse at?

I hit a huge glitch with no clue how it happened. I was riding home from the Rhodes post office (bounty), the screen flickered and suddenly I was riding a different horse and it was telling me to bond with it. Stats on the horse said it was my temporary horse even though it would come to my whistles. I rode back to the post office and there was my horse (and rifles) right where I hitched him, away from other horses. I know I didn’t hop on a different horse when I left because I purposely park alone to avoid ‘stealing’ a ride.

My worst mistake so far was walking around a hotel porch, bumping into a guy who immediately throws a punch and me mashing buttons, trying to fight back. Well, a pretty lady walked in front of me so of course the button mashing grabbed her and slit her throat. This lead to a chase, 5 more murders and a dead, looted deputy which is why I was paying a bounty at the Rhodes post office. It’s also why that handjob in the bath tub was so desperately needed.

This game is special. The world they have built is so fluid and natural, the way you ‘find’ missions, the way you interact with other people. I can already tell this game is even better than GR:W for replay value.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you don't load a save from BEFORE you ever picked up a gold bar, it won't work.

I went to the gun smith and upgraded the crap out of my weapons. Stocked up on ammo and split every round. I got a clamp out to hold down the X button. Holding it down myself? Ain nobahy gah time fo dat!

Where do you go to get your horse all dolled up?

K-Tiger I don't know about that fence you mentioned. I only know of the two in Rhodes and Saint Wherever.

EDIT: If this map is accurate, it looks like the Rhodes fence is closest.

Looks like Emerald and Rhodes are a wash, distance wise. Go to a stable to do customize your horse. Valentine, obviously, and one just east of the New Hanover/Lemoyne border ( square building just over the "E" in Lemoyne on the in-game map).
What the hell do you do with a buffalo skin? I can’t sell it at the store and it’s too big to carry around.
Try the trapper on the bluff overlooking Riggs Station.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
3rd time was charmed and I took my 30 bars to Rhodes. I think that’ll be my only load considering my first stop was to a gunsmith to buy and customize every weapon, then on to the general store to stock up on clothes and supplies and finally $200 in the camp donation box. I still have +$14k left over.
As long as you don't save the game after buying that stuff before going back and doing the gold mining again, it should still work. Heck, I'd still go back and see if it's still doable. Just repeat the bend down, save, reload game trick.

My worst mistake so far was walking around a hotel porch, bumping into a guy who immediately throws a punch and me mashing buttons, trying to fight back. Well, a pretty lady walked in front of me so of course the button mashing grabbed her and slit her throat. This lead to a chase, 5 more murders and a dead, looted deputy which is why I was paying a bounty at the Rhodes post office. It’s also why that handjob in the bath tub was so desperately needed.
Seriously,:laugh:

I was laughing just about the bump, and then the throat slitting came!

Reading calamity stories under video comments is great.

It reeeeeally sounds like you're going to need more more gold.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Man, Arthur is growing on me as a character. I'm dreading the inevitable calamity, as Rockstar doesn't do happy endings.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Online Beta goes live this month, probably closer to December. They need to get with cross-platform gaming. We all know it's possible.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sony vexes me sometimes. Simple shit like custom wallpapers on the PS4 is like pulling teeth. Back to RDRII, I broke another horse today and the name got axed by the profanity filter. C'mon, Rockstar.

Did my second bounty today, and I think that I may have caught a cool little Rockstar screw-up. You go to fetch her for killing a husband, but her wanted poster has a bounty for matricide, which, ya know, is killin' her mamma.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup. I wanted to name the horse after one of the nine Muses, but it tripped the filter for whatever reason. Not sure which ignorant, uncultured swine was in charge of that bit of programming.

Looks like someone went digging through the files and dug up some of the Online info. The Chuck Wagon with a Gatling gun is gonna be an early griefer favorite.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
1 day, 9 hours of game play so far.

36% completion, 18% story. I have 3 horses, but only ever use 1. She's named Hasselhoof.

I'm running around with like $1,200 or so in free cash after upgrading all my weapons, buying most things at the camp, etc. I've been roaming all over hunting the legendary animals and doing side quests. I really need to move the main story forward by going back to Blackwater.

It is SO easy to get side tracked when going from A -> B in this game. Someone asks for help.. you see a 3-star animal, oooh piece of candy.. it's so easy. Ends up taking forever to get anywhere. Still very enjoyable.

Finally got to Saint Denis (SAINT DENEEEEEE not Saint Dennis as I thought, fucking Frogs) and WOW that place looks amazing at night in true 4K. My kid was like "This looks like a totally different game, everything is so modern!" I said 1899 was a crazy time :) Anyway, was wandering around and some jackholes try to rob me, so of course, I kill them. Then a witness reports me and now *I'M* the bad guy, hop on my horse and GTFO of town and go pay my damn bounty. Come back to town to visit the trapper in St. Denis.. and in that courtyard there are like 50 people, I'm running through and bump into a bunch of people and WHAM [WANTED].. again. This time for "Disturbing the Peace".. seriously. Ride out of town AGAIN and pay it off.. damn those French/Chinese fuckers are temperamental.

One other fun moment.. I had a bounty to capture some dissident Colonel or something.. he was wanted DOA, but I wondered if you got more for bringing him in alive, so I made sure to massacre his whole gang but left him alive. THEY HAD A MINIGUN.. You could use it if you got up to it, but no way to bring it with you.. anyway.. toss his complaining ass on the back of the horse and start making my way back to town.. come to a junction and some NICE FELLERS are waiting for me, saying how nice it was of me to keep him alive so they can collect my bounty.. ha ha.. au contraire mon frère. I didn't want to get into a shooting match with them since I'm not sure if they can hit the bounty on accident or not.. so I just took off. The benefit of using a thoroughbred horse? They're fast AS FUCK. I never even saw them again, though I heard their audio.. raced all the way to the police station and turned that guy in. So long, bounty hunters!

This game is really something.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Both my legendary animal kills were completely on accident, with me just wandering into the area on my way to look at other things. So easy to get sidetracked, but in a good way.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I will say, especially coming after Far Cry 5.. there is a distinct lack of danger from the wildlife. Most of the time it'll just run away from me if given the option. I keep expecting things to jump out and maul you like they did in Far Cry.. but that hasn't happened. Most of the legendary hunts just run away faster than normal too.

I suppose it's a bit more realistic.. but even the damn alligators seem like they're high on zanax.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Except for wolves, I haven't come across any predators. Admittedly, I'm playing pretty conservatively. Mountain lions were hell in RDR!
i did see some gore, finally. Stumbled upon an O'Driscoll camp, and decided dynamite was the answer. Took the feet off of one, an arm at the shoulder and legs at the knees on another poor bastard. Boosted my dead eye to boot.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I got harassed by a couple packs of wolves.. but they're relatively easy to dispatch, I can usually get 1 or 2 before the horse bucks me off, then it's just taking out the one attacking you quick and hunting down the last one that usually runs away.. sucks that the pelts get all screwed up.. but it is what it is.

The pump shotgun is my go-to weapon of choice for any kind of non-range encounters.. that thing pops heads like nothing. I need to figure out how to unlock the long rifles. The repeater isn't really cutting it.

Finally rescued Sean (I think it's Sean, Irish feller?) and did more wandering around. The abandoned Indian prison thing was pretty eerie.

OH.

Random (?) encounter spoiler ahead

I was hunting around north of Saint Denis, and riding around willy nilly.. anyway I ended up riding right on top of a 'gator, and my horse bucked me off and took off.. then I realized they were surrounding me. I (of course) had a varmint rifle and pistols on my person.. which don't do too much against angry gators en masse. I managed to hussle over to a little village that was nearby, and above the water. It seemed deserted. There was stuff to loot, but no one there.. but it looked recently lived in. Lots of burnt candles and the like. A trap door looking thing that dropped into the gator pit too.. I avoided that. Anyway, finally call my horse and get to moving out.. and I see outside of the buildings.. a hanging man. A hanging WHITE man. I go to investigate and he has a note on his body (I looted him, of course) saying he knows the Night Folk are going to get him and he can't escape. As soon as I stop reading the letter, I look up and there are three giant black zombie looking dudes who attack me right away.. I ferociously fight them off and barely survive.. none of them have anything to loot.. and no clue who or what they are/were.. needless to say I rode out of there and never looked back!

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Yes the one reaching out for you or whatever? I haven't been back but it was a creepy ass jail the first time I went there.

Found a random locked cabin in the woods with two dead little kids inside. There was a note from mama saying she was going to get their money back and locked the door and they were not to open it for anyone and she left 4 days of food.. guess she took a bit longer to get back. Really kind of sad.

Got the Arabian today.. named her Jasmine. I forgot how much I hate the snow.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It is SO easy to get side tracked when going from A -> B in this game. Someone asks for help.. you see a 3-star animal, oooh piece of candy.. it's so easy. Ends up taking forever to get anywhere. Still very enjoyable.
:laugh:

>My kid was like "This looks like a totally different game, everything is so modern!"
>some jackholes try to rob me, so of course, I kill them. Then a witness reports me and now *I'M* the bad guy
That lines up. 🙄

Mountain lions were hell in RDR!
Oh gawd yes. So many of them things!

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I'm not 100% since I'm not at home, but I think it is the little box to the West of the Dakota River labeling. Either that, or the one under Cattail Pond. It's somewhere in that vicinity though.

cabin.png

Got a couple more hours in last night.. as I was coming back to town with my Arabian.. some guy was walking down the road asking for help.. needed a ride into town.. and then when I didn't respond right away he said "fuck this" and pulled me off the horse and started to take off.. well that feller got an improved arrow right in his kidney. Don't fuck with my new horse. It still has the new horse smell!

Mission sorta spoiler (very light)

Had part of a mission where I needed to steal an Oil Wagon.. and the only one I could get to was in the oil station.. thing.. and oh man there were a ton of people in there. I kept trying to sneak in, but they'd see me, or I'd get to the wagon and they'd shoot at me as I escaped and blew up the wagon.. finally I just decided to try and kill everyone.. and kill I did. I kite'd them out of the compound and was taking them out with dead eye + arrows, until ran out, then rifle shots. Finally walked in and grabbed the wagon and took off. They sent 2 parties after me, but I dispatched them and had a quiet ride to the drop off point. I must have killed like 20 guys though! No warrant or anything during it either which was weird.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not 100% since I'm not at home, but I think it is the little box to the West of the Dakota River labeling. Either that, or the one under Cattail Pond. It's somewhere in that vicinity though.

View attachment 11651

Got a couple more hours in last night.. as I was coming back to town with my Arabian.. some guy was walking down the road asking for help.. needed a ride into town.. and then when I didn't respond right away he said "fuck this" and pulled me off the horse and started to take off.. well that feller got an improved arrow right in his kidney. Don't fuck with my new horse. It still has the new horse smell!

Mission sorta spoiler (very light)

Had part of a mission where I needed to steal an Oil Wagon.. and the only one I could get to was in the oil station.. thing.. and oh man there were a ton of people in there. I kept trying to sneak in, but they'd see me, or I'd get to the wagon and they'd shoot at me as I escaped and blew up the wagon.. finally I just decided to try and kill everyone.. and kill I did. I kite'd them out of the compound and was taking them out with dead eye + arrows, until ran out, then rifle shots. Finally walked in and grabbed the wagon and took off. They sent 2 parties after me, but I dispatched them and had a quiet ride to the drop off point. I must have killed like 20 guys though! No warrant or anything during it either which was weird.
Hmmm, I've probably been to it, but didn't make any effort to make ingress. I'll have to fix that.

Ah, yes, John's bright idea. I waited around several in-game hours for them to walk away from one, then I grabbed it and hauled-ass. I, too, had to kill a couple of parties coming after me.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Preposterous!

I was telling pcs..

I was out hunting varmints and saw a couple of possums. I shot one and the other ran off. I got off my horse to go skin them and it had the prompt to skin but the icon was further away.. I hit the button and the damn thing got up, bit me, and ran away. It was playing possum and the in game menu was treating it as dead! This game is insane.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I recalled the first impression outlets mentioning that opossums actually play opossum. Anyone found the the body just north of the logging camp, near Strawberry? I found the guy's house and letter, but I can't help but feel that a side mission should have triggered. I'll keep digging around.

Oh, finally came across the hunter with his leg in the bear trap.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I went across the tracks to set up a camp, then went back for a deer carcass and it was already rotten and attracting birds. If they do an Undead Nightmare for this one it's going to be a real horror show.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I finally went on a job with Javier, up to that inbred family of degenerates north of Valentine. Sniped the gal in the barn loft with a shotgun slug, sure left a nasty wound. Also caught a lake sturgeon with the bow. This game just keeps giving.
Has anybody figured out how to keep hats you get from dead guys? I keep scrapping with Lemoyne Raiders, and I want to keep the kepi some of them wear, but it's always gone after I sleep or save. Also can't seem to get a handle on how to consistently trigger the sleeves rolled/collar open menu when customizing my clothes.