illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean

I say that in the same dead pan emotionless voice that he did. Definitely one of my favorites from the Star Trek Universe.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Tis a shame. But we all get old and die. My condolences (that they will never know of) to his friends and family.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
May he rest in peace.

I remember when I was young, and although it was some time after the original series had it's run, me and the kid across the street used to watch re-runs of the original series after school and then go outside and play Star Trek. He was always Kirk and I was always Spock. That got on my nerves a few times, but looking back on it now, I am honored that I tried to emulate him. I was sharing some good memories with my wife today during lunch of those after school re-creations. I got a good laugh out of some of it and I hope Mr. Nimoy was listening on and enjoyed it too.

I hope his family can rest somewhat easily knowing he is loved by many who never got to meet him.

Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
"We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted, in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most.... human."

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
No, I hadn't heard anything about that.

Edit: I just read about it after you mentioned it. I guess it sucks that he didn't go, but if he was honoring a commitment, I have to agree that he'd be just as blasted for leaving or not honoring it if he decided to go to the funeral instead. I think he knew he was going to get it either way, so he decided to put himself out there and deal with it head on.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I thought it was BS on the Media's part to make something out of nothing. (As usual)

I mean the guy is 83 or whatever, and it would have cost like $30k to charter a last minute Florida-LA plane ride.

He totally would have gotten shit if he bailed on the Red Cross thing.

I mean, Nimoy died on Friday and the funeral was Sunday at 9AM. Damn Jews! That would be hard for anyone not local to make it in time.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
We have lost alot of stars and famous people from our childhood....but Robin Williams and Leonard Nimoy have hit the hardest so far. I have never known Sci Fi without Spock. Nor would have I known humor if it wasn't for Mork.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah those two were big.

I mean, mass media really went huge in the 60's-80's, and all those people are getting up there in age so they should start dying off over the next decade or two.

Wonder if it'll get to the point where there are SO MANY stars that no one will notice when they die? Everyone seems to have 15 minutes of fame these days vs being an entertainment staple.