Life's Minor Annoyances That Drive You NUTS?

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Me?

When you pee in a urinal, and the angle causes piss to splash back at you or your pants.

When you have to press the buttons on the remote harder because the batteries are dying.

WeN pEePLe RitE LIk dIS.

When the shower curtain brushes up against you after you've washed.

Toilet paper put on the roll with next square on the bottom/underneath rather than on top.

Spicy food that is far from spicy, even after asking them to make it extra spicy.

Lady GaGa.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Everything. I'm so grumpy this week, it escalated from last week when I'd worked all weekend and knew I was going to have to work the previous weekend, and I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel for this weekend...

Until I found out that our project manager scheduled me to get files to our developer by Monday. In the UK. Which means Sunday afternoon/evening for me.

So my everyday annoyances?

• People whose laziness inconveniences others, and makes your job harder because they didn't do theirs.
• People who eat smelly foods on the train.
• Folks who leave streaks in the crapper. Flush twice, I don't want to stare at what looks like a chocolate rabbit scurried down the drain!
• People who don't do their jobs remotely well.
• Bums. People who don't work at all and expect a handout.
• People having long casual chats in public places on their cell phone.
• Cyclists not stopping at red lights. That shit is dangerous.

I can go on and on...

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
• People having long casual chats in public places on their cell phone.
I was in the bathroom at walmart yesterday, there was a guy on one of the shitters talking on his cell.

I hate it when the trash can is too far from the door in a public bathroom, or there is a blower instead of paper towels, forcing me to get creative in how I am going to open the door with anything but my bare hand.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
well, let's see....

-the current state of affair in Florida
-asking an employee at a store for something, anything, and they look at you like you're an idiot.
-people who pass you on the highway and get in front of you only to slow down as soon as they do
-wait staff who start talking to you as soon as you put food in your mouth, but no where to be found when you need something.
-walmart with their 20 check out lanes, only 2 open and they are filled with people who just did a month's worth of grocery shopping and you only have 2-3 things.
-pulling up to the gas pump, getting out and forgetting the tank is on the other side
-motherfucking little toys next to the bed in the morning when i get out of it and I step on them barefoot
-biting your lip while eating, then biting it again on the next bite.
-eating something that is awesome and on the last bite, dropping it on the floor
-Jehovah witnesses coming to my door while I am playing WoW in a raid and my daughter answering the damn thing

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I hate it when the trash can is too far from the door in a public bathroom, or there is a blower instead of paper towels, forcing me to get creative in how I am going to open the door with anything but my bare hand.
That's when the paper towel gets tossed on the floor. They finally figured it out at my work and placed trashcans at all the bathroom doors.

I hate when you forget to wipe fingerprints off of clear plastic before using superglue around it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
mosquitos

literally NOTHING i hate more

2nd is pi$$ing...it never fails, i always have to pee at the most inconveinent possible time

- for some reason my phone ALWAYS rings when i'm washing my hands...not only can i not answer it, but i can't silence it either...
- smelly people
- people in malls, or anywhere really who just stand right in the way talking in group forcing everyone else to go around them...or groups walking all slow and gangsta/Resevore Dogs style blocking a whole pathway...douches
- having to mow my lawn
- waking up early for work
- work

this could literally never end

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Having some asshole e-mail me after one of my e-bay auctions telling me he bid on my item while being distraught and not being able to afford it. Then turn around and hit ME with a negative feed back.

Twice !!!!!!!!

Jerks who speed up not to let you in after you use your indicator .

I usually go over anyway causing them to slam on their brake :thumbsup:

Feb 9, 2012
driving on the interstate (look at any of the posts about driving and i agree)

public restroom etiquette (1)have a guy at work with his radio up so loud you can hear him while he is in the hall... he walks right into the stall without looking, (2) hate people who sit on the crapper and talk or text

Teenagers... Mostly males but both on occasions, especially around large stores/malls

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I'm surprised at how many of you guys are listing things that are your own fault. When shit is my own fault is when it's easiest to deal with. I prefer bad shit happening to me if it's my fault. What pisses me off is when it's someone else's fault.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I hate people who walk in the middle of the aisle, or groups who walk in a wide line and plug up the aisle, people who don't hear loud creaking shopping carts coming right toward them, people who group up and stop to chat and plug up an aisle and who clearly see you trying to get into the aisle. Yeah, I get road rage on foot inside stores.

Another thing that irritates me are parents who are embarrassed by their screaming, crying babies/kids in stores. I don't mind kids making noise - it's a natural thing for them to do. I don't mind parents trying to control the situation - that's a natural thing for a parent to do. But when parents are visibly embarrassed and do all the wrong things in the middle of the store, that's when I get annoyed.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I hate legally mandated insurance, and taxes broken down into an endless array of categories. If the fucking government wants my money so badly, why don't they just take it as one big tax called TAX.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I hate women who tell me they love me, but don't want to regard themselves as my significant other, and don't want me to have any female friends. (Okay, I only knew 1 chick who fit this description - when I stopped seeing her, I got rid of all the little gifts she gave me, except the Star Wars Lego set - that thing was too cool to give up :))

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I hate people whose reaction to a cut is to suck on it. I do not understand it at all, and have never had that reaction, not even as a child.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I don't hate this, but it does drive me nuts: People who add an "ee" sound just before every "a".
Examples:
Bank = Byank
Am = Yam
I'm at the bank = I'm eeyat the byank.

It's always white people who talk like this.

Also people who shorten "particularly" into "paticuly". I'm looking at you Boston.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I don't hate this, but it does drive me nuts: People who add an "ee" sound just before every "a".
Examples:
Bank = Byank
Am = Yam
I'm at the bank = I'm eeyat the byank.

It's always white people who talk like this.

Also people who shorten "particularly" into "paticuly". I'm looking at you Boston.
I believe you would need to be institutionalized if you lived in new england (Lon GuhIsland [yes, that's how it's pronounced] on up) or most of the midwest. There's some serious nasal dialect up that way.

loadedtomcat

Magnificent Bastard
Mar 18, 2011
Fucking lines-- of any sort. Even if its only one person in front of me. I'm extremely expedient, so it pisses me off that I have to wait five minutes for the asshole in front of me to do something it takes me under 60 seconds to do.

If you don't know what you want, what you're doing, need to have an extended conversation or just plain old fashioned take anything longer than a minute and a half tops GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY. Let me pay for my cigarettes and you can debate the meaning of the universe with the guy at the counter after I leave.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
Fucking lines-- of any sort. Even if its only one person in front of me. I'm extremely expedient, so it pisses me off that I have to wait five minutes for the asshole in front of me to do something it takes me under 60 seconds to do.

If you don't know what you want, what you're doing, need to have an extended conversation or just plain old fashioned take anything longer than a minute and a half tops GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY. Let me pay for my cigarettes and you can debate the meaning of the universe with the guy at the counter after I leave.
Cut back on them smokes, man, and your dendrites will return to a natural passiveness.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
When my wife cooks, she leaves all the ingredient containers/bottles all over the kitchen bench instead of simply reaching up and putting them back in the cabinet.
She also leaves vegetable peelings in the sink instead of putting them in the bin.
She's a great cook, but she just makes a godawful mess.

I try not to let it get to me, but I worked as a chef for a few years, and we always had to keep our area clean and neat.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina

When in those lines, someone stands too close to me, invading my personal space. Line moves up, I move up and further from personal-space-occupying-dickhead, and said dickhead moves right back up on me.

Makes me wanna throat punch 'em.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
When my wife cooks, she leaves all the ingredient containers/bottles all over the kitchen bench instead of simply reaching up and putting them back in the cabinet.
She also leaves vegetable peelings in the sink instead of putting them in the bin.
She's a great cook, but she just makes a godawful mess.

I try not to let it get to me, but I worked as a chef for a few years, and we always had to keep our area clean and neat.
My girlfriend does the same thing. We've not been cooking lately since both of us have been working late as hell (we had to throw out a bunch of food because we weren't home to cook it and it went bad... but we were cooking nearly half the time if not more just a few months back) but we usually split the cooking 50/50. Some nights I help out, other nights I do most of the cooking, and other nights she does the majority. But I ALWAYS am the one stuck cleaning up afterwards.

The rule is "The cook doesn't clean" except when I cook. Then I have to clean. Sort of bullshit, but it's not generally worth fighting over. So when I cook, I'm cleaning up as I go along. If I just chopped up something and I'm waiting on water to boil or the grill to heat up, I'll wash the bowls, knives, cutting board, etc.

She stacks up everything on the counter or drops nearly clean shit into greasy bowls in the sink, and it all stacks up until after dinner, when I have a huge pile of crap to clean up. Doesn't use anything twice or rinse it out. She has to put 1/4 cup of oil and 1/4 cup of water in a pot? She uses two fucking measuring cups. Drives me goddamn nuts, and she just acts like I'm being dramatic when I bitch about the messes she makes.

- smelly people
- people in malls, or anywhere really who just stand right in the way talking in group forcing everyone else to go around them...or groups walking all slow and gangsta/Resevore Dogs style blocking a whole pathway...douches
Fucking smelly people. I don't give a damn if it's body odor or cologne, or food or what. If it's too strong, you need to do something about it.

And tandem walkers... FUCK! I hate them. It's bad when it's just one asshole who won't get out of my way, but when it's a crowd synchronized-blocking a street or aisle, it drives me nuts. Bottle-necking crowds drive me nuts too, and assholes with umbrellas who walk slower in the rain. They're all the same group of dipshits who have no idea how crowds work. Move the fuck along, just because you're not going anywhere with any schedule doesn't mean that other people don't have agendas to stick to.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
What annoys me is looking out the back porch of my apartment and seeing one of the neighbor kids posting up to take a piss thinking nobody is home. What doesn't annoy me is how fast they run when you tap on the glass sliding door with a firearm. :D

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
People who suddenly fall into the habit of subconsciously doing something disgusting, something they would normally agree is disgusting; but when you bring it up early on, they act like you're the problem.

Case in point, I hate when people smack their lips as they open their mouth to talk. I even turn off the radio when a host or guest does this. It's disgusting in average society, and unprofessional for a radio personality. My brother has shared this opinion for as long as I've known him. A couple months ago, out of fucking nowhere, he started doing it, and hasn't stopped.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
Chicks who pronounce their "s"s as extremely high-pitched whistles. I was at Target a couple months ago. Two chicks were standing some 15 feet away, one was doing all the talking. I had no idea they were there, except I kept hearing what sounded like a microscopic bird chirping erratically. It really hurt my ears each time. Tracing the sound brought my eyes to the far left, where I saw the girl talking. Couldn't hear a damn word she said, except "s!"..... "s!"........ "s!" over and over on irregular intervals (which lead me to assume they were part of words).

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Nose pickers. A lot of foreign-born folks on the train seem to pick their nose like it's an Olympic sport.

I understand if you've got some emergency boog-tending going on, like if you pull a quick "nostril tap" to catch something that's bugging you or a nose dab if your nose is running, but I sat and watched this motherfucker dig, twist, inspect, dig, twist, roll, sniff, roll, flick, sprinkle, roll, wipe, and then go back for round two.

Also, jerkoffs who clip their nails in public. Every once in awhile I'll have a hang nail or torn cuticle that I'll do a quick snip under my desk, but I don't sit and clip off all my nails. One morning on the train, this one bitch clipped her finger nails, both hands... snipping and flipping clippings all around her. She then took off her socks and started on her toes and I had to call her out on it. Then, of course, I get called an asshole.

Spitting in public. I'm a dude and I've hocked up a few nasty loogies in my lifetime, but I hate watching some gross fuck just spit on the sidewalk, or in the floor. I've seen assrags spit in the floors of stores, and even on carpet. Find a trashcan or swallow that nonsense.

I don't know what is wrong with folks. I was raised not to be disgusting like that. It's rude, gross, and immature.