Life's Minor Annoyances That Drive You NUTS?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
This isn't a minor annoyance, this is a BIG annoyance for me....dick drivers.

-Slow drivers
-drivers who drive the wrong way down a row of parking spots
-drivers who drive across all the rows of parking spots instead of in the lanes provided outside the parking area
-drive like an asshole because they know it isn't likely a police or Sheriff is patrolling the area
-

-The big one, assholes who ride your tail because they are in a big hurry and then do something stupid like pass you in a double line no passing zone on a blind curve

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Drivers who think it's ok to use your small business parking lot as a park-n-ride. We only have about 3 spots for customers. Two days ago (on the 1st, our busiest day of the month), some asshole comes and parks his giant pickup in the front-door parking spot, hops in another car, and drives off. During business hours!

Yesterday, they came back, right around quitting time. Wearing suit and ties like some kind of self-important bankers or car salesmen. They were't "high-ups" as indicated by the bare-bones F-150, hardly a step up from a fleet truck. Plastic fantastic. Just a pair of middle-aged wannabes that thought they were hot shit.

I went outside and mentioned that he had parked here during business hours the day before, my tone indicating that it wasn't appreciated. He said that it was after hours (as if all parking lots are free-for-alls), to which I replied that it was in fact while my business was open. There was no apology, no nothing, just told his friend to get in his car, and they drove down the street to invade some other business's parking lot. Then they gave me dirty looks as they drove back by, on their way to their insurance salesman circle jerk. WTF.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
This isn't a minor annoyance, this is a BIG annoyance for me....dick drivers.

-Slow drivers
-drivers who drive the wrong way down a row of parking spots
-drivers who drive across all the rows of parking spots instead of in the lanes provided outside the parking area
-drive like an asshole because they know it isn't likely a police or Sheriff is patrolling the area
-

-The big one, assholes who ride your tail because they are in a big hurry and then do something stupid like pass you in a double line no passing zone on a blind curve
I think it's easier for me to say that EVERYTHING about driving angers me. People are just complete, inconsiderate a$$holes from top to bottom. Like it's THEIR road.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I think it's easier for me to say that EVERYTHING about driving angers me. People are just complete, inconsiderate a$$holes from top to bottom. Like it's THEIR road.
That is because they have to win!

I also can't stand when a company uses a postal service that doesn't send packages to PO boxes but sends them anyway.

I now have to track down my castles through UPS. Stupid Wal-mart you would think they didn't just pay more to ship it to me than what I paid to buy them...

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Before the second round of "kitty surprise" castles popped up for the final time, I had ordered one from Amazon for $56, thinking that was a tolerable price. Obviously, I sent it back after WM decided to give more away. It cost me $13 just to ship it back to Amazon. That's more than I paid WM for each castle, shipping and all!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
You should put up a sign that says something like, parking for customers only, all others will be towed.

And then have their ass towed. If that will cost you money, simply take an ice pick to the outside wall of their tires, that coupled with the sign should get the message across.

My parents had several small business while I was growing up and they always had problems with people treating their small parking lots like overnight commuter lots.:slug:

Drivers who think it's ok to use your small business parking lot as a park-n-ride. We only have about 3 spots for customers. Two days ago (on the 1st, our busiest day of the month), some asshole comes and parks his giant pickup in the front-door parking spot, hops in another car, and drives off. During business hours!

Yesterday, they came back, right around quitting time. Wearing suit and ties like some kind of self-important bankers or car salesmen. They were't "high-ups" as indicated by the bare-bones F-150, hardly a step up from a fleet truck. Plastic fantastic. Just a pair of middle-aged wannabes that thought they were hot shit.

I went outside and mentioned that he had parked here during business hours the day before, my tone indicating that it wasn't appreciated. He said that it was after hours (as if all parking lots are free-for-alls), to which I replied that it was in fact while my business was open. There was no apology, no nothing, just told his friend to get in his car, and they drove down the street to invade some other business's parking lot. Then they gave me dirty looks as they drove back by, on their way to their insurance salesman circle jerk. WTF.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Ohhhh yeah, that too! Here in Missouri it's "stay right unless passing", but every once in awhile you get some asshole who thinks it's o.k. to sit in the right lane and just take their time and never go into the right lane.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
You should put up a sign that says something like, parking for customers only, all others will be towed.

And then have their ass towed. If that will cost you money, simply take an ice pick to the outside wall of their tires, that coupled with the sign should get the message across.

My parents had several small business while I was growing up and they always had problems with people treating their small parking lots like overnight commuter lots.:slug:
Problem is, it's a small town where 50% of the residents are either your customers or your relatives. In a big city, I'd be a colossal hardass and just tow that shit. But in a town that votes less than 4k people, you've got to be less heavy-handed. It's Mayberry-esque.

I did not know these starched ass-clowns, and I didn't mind running them off. But putting up big mean signs on my nice brick office building is counter to our friendly small business image.

A couple of years ago, I had an empty lot, and some people just decided to have a flea market there one saturday. I just happened to drive by, stopped, gave them hell, and stood there glaring while I watched them pack all their shit into a couple of trucks. Damn squatters. If you don't have obnoxiously threatening signs everywhere, every fucktard in a 50-mile radius thinks your property is a giant free-for-all.

You hate to be a prick, but the minute someone falls down, even if they are trespassing, your ass is going to get sued. Apparently, property rights are a big deal to me.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Damn straight. We live on a 75 acre farm on the river, and every couple of years, we have a poacher outbreak that we have to deal with. Or new people to the area that think any open field is a good spot for their dogs, their 4-wheelers, or for a shooting range. People's ability to encroach on property rights knows no bounds.

Commercial property or private property, if there isn't a structure within two feet, people think they can do anything they want, i.e. all property is public property unless specifically posted otherwise. :shakefist:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Nor do I. They usually come in right at dusk or shortly after dark, typically in a bro-dozer, looking to spotlight deer. I often flip on exterior lights to get their attention. A few times, I hopped in my truck, pointed my high-beams at them from a distance just to let them know they were being watched.

Problem is, it's dark, and they are typically drunk, armed, and outnumber you. So you really have to temper your desire to be confrontational. It's not worth ending up on the news. Law enforcement and game wardens recommend staying away and just getting as much info as possible. Date/time/make/model/color, plate if you're close enough, or call 911 if you think they are going to stick around long enough for someone to arrive.

In a small town, they say they can often know who it is just by the color, make, and model, as there aren't too many known trouble-makers sporting the same ride.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Do they ever face any repercussions? Is the info you pass along ever followed through with?

Man, what a PITA. You basically have to hire security to patrol and shoo away a$$holes on a permanent basis.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The basic problem is that 50 years ago, my great-grandfather allowed the county to pave up to his mailbox/front yard, even though we own all the property on both sides for half a mile, and the "road" is not as wide as my driveway. Therefore at some point it was deemed a county road, and thus any asshole can drive down into the heart of our property legally. They drive really slow, turn around slower at the dead end, and generally make me uncomfortable, like they're casing the place.

But it's really pretty, and we have old people that sight-see all the time too... in the spring when everything blooms, in the summer when there are 50 deer in my front yard, and in the fall when the leaves are changing. They don't hurt anything, but it's just annoying. I've give anything to get the county to abandon it so I could gate it, but there is one tiny piece that got sold off years ago, and so that wouldn't fly.

We joke that any car we see is either the mailman or someone who is lost.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Life's Minor Annoyances That Drive You NUTS?

Waking up hours before you need to or before you've gotten your 8 hours beauty sleep. :grumpy:
God knows I need as much rest as possible if it's beauty rest I'm getting.

---

In other news, and in full disclaimer, I fucking love the ladies (mine especially)...

And it probably sounds sexist, but I don't give a shit. Women simply think on a different "logic" operating system than men do. And sometimes, it drives me fucking insane.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sometimes the rational of my wife is like that of a teenage girl. She makes me feel like a parent. And even after complaining endlessly about her coworkers teens, she doesn't even realize she's acting exactly the same way. :headinsand:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm a man-child who still loves cool toys and video games, but at least a reasonably intelligent and responsible one who brings home a professional level paycheck and makes sure my wife and younglings are properly cared for. If you believed Hollywood, there'd be no such thing in existence...

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Again with the douchebag cutting a donut in HALF! If you feel that bad about eating it, maybe you shouldn't eat ANY of it!

I sure as hell don't want to eat half a donut that I KNOW someone had their dirty hands on.:mad:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Drinking *snotty voice* lots of water because it's healthy!*snotty voice*

Ugh. I freaking HATE having to take (leave?) a leak every 15 minutes because it goes right through. I've got stuff to do (nothing at all)!