Marvel: Phase whatever it is now.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I wish I was more excited than I am. I was excited for Thor 4 until it got woke. Now I'm not. I'm still a little excited for GotG 3, but have no idea where they'll take it. Hoping Thor (the real one!!!) will be in there. His interactions with the team are gold. If it's Asgardians of the Galaxy, I'm in! I'm a little excited for Black Widow, but don't know where they can take the character since she's dead now. Dr. Strange 2 might be good. I hope so. Otherwise, some of the Disney + stuff sounds good, but I doubt I'll be signing up for a new service just for that. We'll see I guess. Nothing else on the roster sounds that interesting. Maybe they'll surprise me like some of the previous stuff has, but I'm not overly optimistic, based on the general direction of the franchise post Endgame.
That ⬆. All that.

The more SJW they get, the less interested I become.
Paying for another streaming service?:laugh:

I may change my mind after some trailers, but right now, I'm feeling like Endgame was a very satisfactory ending to the MCU. It felt extremely final to me. Knowing that they plan to crank the propaganda up to this level...

I just - I just feel done.

We'll see.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Truly. Endgame is most definitely a nice place to jump off. Where to? John Wick is fun... Now would be a great time for some dark horse to come along and snatch the folks who have had enough propaganda from SW and apparently now the MCU. Anybody seen anything out there on the horizon that might be a contender?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Ya I can't get wrapped up in the hype machine just yet. I learned from Star Wars its better to just go in blind.

Marvel has earned my trust.. that if they are going to do this, they will do it as well as possible.

As far as the Valkyrie being gay, in traditional Disney/Marvel style she was outed after the 1st movie came out because there weren't any real indications that was part of her character & Hollywood thinks all strong women must be gay... reasons I guess. The Marvel hype of we are introducing the "first" gay character into the MCU in an upcoming movie is really annoying since
1. They already outed Valkyrie
2. There is like at least a half dozen or more throughout the TV universe Who honestly at least handled the storyline better. (mostly)

Also the whole CW every gay hero sleeps around thing is exactly why I can't watch a kid's super hero shows with my kid. So I suspect this tread will not age well. (I am calling it now the transgender thing will be the future's blackface.)

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
ScarJo is definitely getting a lot of crap for daring to portray one in some upcoming flick. If she hasn't already, she's likely to back away from that one, at least if she wants to still be in the cool club in H'wood.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Watched Spider-man Far From Home again last night with some friends.. theater was packed!

Just as good the 2nd time, caught a few things I didn't the first time around. GREAT movie to end Phase 3 with and give you some closure from Endgame.

Hate having to wait almost a whole year for another Marvel movie, but I think it'll probably give the MCU some time to breathe.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Let's see, we have:
Side story for a dead character that should have headlined the first female-led MCU film.
Thor: Scissor Sister Looking For Love.
Dr. Strange 2: Mystical Booglaoo.
Chinese 3rd-stringer no one has heard of (but will likely be heads-and-tails above the rest of the Phase Four schlock).
The Celestial's test tube babies: The Movie.
Bunch of series that will only last a season or two, before being cancelled because they suck or because Netflix/Disney Plus are run by fucking retards. Blade to get wasted like the Punisher.

Do I have the broad strokes correct?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think the series are being made purposefully to only be 1 season, so they're more like mini-series, since they will tie in directly with the next movies, I don't know that it'd make sense to have more than 1 season. I suppose they could, but I guess we'll see. With the way they laid them out, I expect them to be one and done experiences like movies.

Would be cool if they had 1 long running series though that weaved in and out of the movies (like I hoped SHIELD would do), but alas..

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It's a bit redundant with the funeral scene. You don't need sad music and closeups in consecutive scenes.

For those of you not happy with the news of the She-Thor movie, there is precedent for it. Jason Aaron has written a very well-received run of the comic over the past 3-4 years that featured a significant chunk with Jane as Thor. So knowing that, the Portman reveal didn't seem overly woke or gender-bending for the hell of it. They're just copying the comics. And it developed in the comics naturally, not some kind of attention-getting SJW stunt.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I honestly don't much care about Jane Thor and was aware of the swap in the comics. I think it's a waste though if they don't continue Thor Odinson's journey. He's gotten so much more entertaining to watch and now they are about to replace him? And the Valkyrie thing... :rolleyes:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Exactly, and eventually he regains his worthiness, takes back the mantle of Thor, and now Jane is becoming the Valkyrie.

If you read enough mainstream comics, you realize that they never change anything. They are simply quite good at producing the illusion of change. But at some point, they always fix the toys and put them back in the box for the next wave of creators to play with.

The movie Valkyrie thing is... disappointing, but not completely out of character for what they've built. She was a pretty ardent man-hater in Ragnarok, so to me it's not totally out of left field. But mostly life is too short to give a damn about lame shit like that. It won't prevent me from enjoying the film, as I pretty much have to put these movies in their own silo anyway, as they differ far too much from the "real" stories in the comics to matter in the grand mythology of the characters. I treat them like a classic "What If " or Elseworlds stories, and they can do whatever crazy shit they like in those.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I hate race gender switches so my aditude is the since Valkyrie are a group not a particular individual traditional blonde comic book Valkyrie we saw die in Ragnarok & black Valkyrie is a new character so they can do whatever they want & it won’t bother me.

Can’t say I ever liked the idea of female Thor, but Marvel will make it work as best as possible.