Marvel: Phase whatever it is now.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Thank you.. I blew my load with SW but all of the Marvel stuff looks really good too. Amazed they're going full-in with Disney+. Secret Wars a Disney+ exclusive?!

Still no X-men.. but the next 2-3 years is fucking PACKED to the gills due to the CV19 backlog.. it's going to be insane.

The Spiderman director doing the Fantastic 4 movie is a great choice.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Any Disney exclusives are mostly a nice dumping ground for productions.

a huge chunk of the movie money is in the theater so that where they need to be.

Something like Hamilton which is great, would have tanked in the theater so streaming & timing really helped that one.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Most of it looks at least mildly entertaining. Not sure if I’m super excited about any of them though.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think the Loki one looks like a lot of fun. The Scarlet Witch one looks weird as hell, but seeing as it'll tie into the Multiverse of Madness, I think the less you know going in the better. Falcon & the Winter Soldier looks.. ok? Basically like a Captain America movie.. and it will be nice to see them flesh out who gets the Shield and why.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Saw Wanda Vision this morning, Commerials are exactly what you'd expect.

1st ep I love Lucy
2nd ep Bewitched

Strange but I could see a lot of people walking away quickly as I doubt the younger kids would get the style references.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I always thought the old timey sitcoms were a very strange direction. I know for a fact that the only person in my family that would “understand those references“ would be me (and I won’t likely get many of them). They better get right to the point quickly or I think you’re right that people will bail.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I don’t see my wife/kids sticking with this for long enough for them to get to where they are going with this. It ain’t no Mando, that’s for sure. Love the unfavorable references to the working man/housewife dynamic of the early sitcoms too 🙄... though they did poke fun of the “for the children” mantra... so jury’s still out on the political angle of the show I guess. So far I have to give it a meh, but I hear there’s a Brady Bunch type episode coming, so maybe it gets better?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I actually really liked it.

Perfect sendup of all those old shows, I like the weird mystery of it all.. And honestly seeing the new Marvel logo and that theme again after all this time was really cool.

I do hope they get to the meat of the show before too long though.

That's the S.W.O.R.D. logo, right?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Definitely nice to get some clues as to what’s actually happening. So far the family is more engaged than I expected. 🤷‍♂️

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well I've really enjoyed the season.. it was weird as hell but still felt very Marvel. Hoping it goes out with a bang this week, looking forward to the more traditional Falcon & Winter Soldier later this month.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I was cool up until the witchcraft part. I don’t need my younger kids watching incantations in Latin and all that. So they‘re now saying there were witches in Salem? We started them after the witchy part and told them that Agatha was just some kind of powerful villain that captured Wanda. :(

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well I mean she's the Scarlet WITCH.. so.. yeah lol I mean it's magic much like Dr Strange etc. The Darkhold is some dark evil shit too..

I liked the finale for the most part.. wished there was some super big cameo or something but it was a very solid 6 hours of MCU content.. looking forward to see what comes next...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I liked it pretty well. I feel like it gave Wanda/Vision the screen time that the movies did not. I get that she’s Scarlet Witch but her powers come from the stone (and not Satan) and don’t need to be “conjured.” I like that they kind of addressed that, and also like how they handle it for Dr. Strange (also stone powered).

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Just finished watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It was okay. It was a missed opportunity in my opinion. Instead of really telling the characters’ stories in depth, they went wokeish. It was all Black Falcon and Black Captain America. I haven’t seen any numbers, but I have to wonder what the audience was before and after they went down that road... They OP’ed Falcon Cap and missed opportunities to further develop more interesting characters like Bucky and Zemo.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I mostly liked it.. but I agree the race stuff was a bit eyerolling. Hard to tell if I would have noticed it as much if all the real world BS wasn't going on.. as they did make some good points, and I do appreciate BlaCap saying people need to move on and make things better.. all this dwelling in the past isn't helping anyone.

The Flag Smashers were weak villain's.. I liked the Falcon/Bucky/Zemo stuff.. not sure if Sharon Carter will be interesting or not. US Agent/John Walker was pretty good too for his role.

It is cool seeing the world more post-blip.. weird and ironic how we just are coming out of our own covid blip of sorts too.

Loki looks super weird and super good.. I hope the new movies really knock it out of the park, as these shows are fun but they're not movie replacements...

Reactions: ThunderDan19