Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Well, that's certainly an interesting turn-about. Good, it was always stupid for Whedon to kill him off, bring him back on the TV, then shove a stick up his own ass about not having him in the movies again.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
Well, that's certainly an interesting turn-about. Good, it was always stupid for Whedon to kill him off, bring him back on the TV, then shove a stick up his own ass about not having him in the movies again.
Agreed.

Never understood what issue Whedon had with Coulson in the 1st place.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Gosh dang it! I thought we were gonna be done with the Ward character. :mad:
Sigh. Well at least he's... dead? Sort of?

So is that fucking creature supposed to be "Death" as in Thanos' hard-on crush, or is it just another throwaway baddie? Because the wavy wispy version sure as hell looks like a Grim Reaper, and it's an ancient creature.

They even stated that the carving on the temple said "Death" on it in Hebrew or something.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
In the beginning there was The Ward
From this Ward, all other Wards were begotten
The Ward was too good for us, and so left us to obtain his true destiny
False Wards arose to claim his position Mocking Ward, Limey Ward, Xena Ward, and Black Ward
For their arrogance, the power of the gods turned half of the false wards to stone
These are the tales of the Wards.

Ward took taco in hand and said,

"Do this, in memory of me."

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
So is that fucking creature supposed to be "Death" as in Thanos' hard-on crush, or is it just another throwaway baddie? Because the wavy wispy version sure as hell looks like a Grim Reaper, and it's an ancient creature.
That creature is not that Death. It's an Inhuman. Malick explained this.

They even stated that the carving on the temple said "Death" on it in Hebrew or something.
Yes, but they also explained it more as with death brings new life.

Anyways...the general consensus is Ward will be the Hive character from the comics.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
But didn't the creature say it was there a long time ago when the planet was thriving?

I guess it could have come from Earth and then destroyed that planet? Or was it from that planet (thus making it non-Human)? Since it seemed to be a worm thingy as opposed to a human-based thing.. it wouldn't be an "inhuman" would it?

I liked the episode, but I was also hoping we'd finally be done with the Ward actor/arc. I'm glad they didn't have a redemption arc though, like most shows do.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
But didn't the creature say it was there a long time ago when the planet was thriving?
It was an Inhuman from earth that was banished using the monolith. How many years ago that happened, we don't know. We do know it was before 1839 though, as that's when we saw the people in the castle sending back sacrifices for it.

It could have been human, and then when changed by the Terrigen Mists, changed into the form we see now. Much like how Raina changed, and Andrew changed as well.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I'm thinking that Ward might become Kraken. I know that in the comics that's Whitehall, but he's dead, so turning Ward into it is a good way to go. When I saw Coulson, and Fitz share that look at each other I was worried that they might be carrying a worm too, but I REALLY hope I'm wrong.

As for all the hate for Brett Dalton eh he's a decent actor, and I rather like him playing the psycho baddie instead of the hero. Leave that to Hunter, and to Mac. I REALLY liked Mac on this episode. He really took to the role of Director.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Nah, the Coulson/Fitz look was about Phil straight-up murdering Ward, and him worrying whether Fitz would rat him out. I'll be pissed if he does, because fuck Ward. He deserved it.

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I figure Fitz will tell everyone and they'll shrug and walk away. He hurt too many of them.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It would have been so much more powerful if HE'D STAYED DEAD.

At least for a few episodes or something.

I know, I know.. alien.. inhuman.. whatever. But it's not the same. Kill someone and leave them dead. Like how killing the ATC lady actually meant something, since she stayed dead (at least for one episiode).

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Nah, the Coulson/Fitz look was about Phil straight-up murdering Ward, and him worrying whether Fitz would rat him out. I'll be pissed if he does, because fuck Ward. He deserved it.
Why would Coulson be worried about Fitz saying something about him killing Ward? He sent Hunter to do just that earlier this season. I've been thinking about it more, and I think after Ward dumped Fitz, and Simmons in the ocean back at the end of season 1, it was probably a look of "thanks for offing that prick", and "You're welcome"

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
You know very well that Coulson killed him outside the bounds of either proper military or police procedure, man. By every precedent of American law, Coulson is a murderer, regardless of the fact that every sane and rational person would agree that Ward deserved to die. Fitz is enough of a straight-player that he will have reservations of that fact, but I'm hoping he gets over them quickly and easily irrespective of how soon they learn 'he's' still alive.

Whether I'm right here about the motive behind their looks, neither look had any hint of happiness/gratitude/relief to them.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I don't pretend to know the jurisdictional boundaries of American law, but I'd guess maybe it doesn't extend to other planets through wormholes.

Also, is SHIELD even reporting to the Government at this point?

Previous encounters have to show that Ward was a clear and present danger, regardless of his appearance as "incapacitated". With what he pulled over the last couple of years, a standing "kill" order would be more than justified, regardless of the situations.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I don't pretend to know the jurisdictional boundaries of American law, but I'd guess maybe it doesn't extend to other planets through wormholes.
He's a government agent on government business, and the government's jurisdiction doesn't end at the seashore. That's never been an question in the entirety of our government's existence.

Also, is SHIELD even reporting to the Government at this point.
If tthey're not, that just makes the situation worse for Coulson and the whole team, not better.

Previous encounters have to show that Ward was a clear and present danger, regardless of his appearance as "incapacitated". With what he pulled over the last couple of years, a standing "kill" order would be more than justified, regardless of the situations.
If there were a standing kill order for him, Coulson wouldn't have had to go off the reservation and make Mac Acting Director. It was Coulson's plan to kill Ward regardless of his actual authority to do so, and he did so in a situation in which he wasn't authorized to by the conventions of warfare or police security. His proper course of action should have been to arrest him and bring him back for trial, or at least leave him there to his fate.

You all know this, and prevaricating from that is disingenuous. All this truth is aside from whether I approve of Coulson putting a mad dog down when he needed to. The difference is that we, as viewers, have the God's Eye view of events that a jury wouldn't. That lack of God's Eye is why we have laws. C'mon, this shit ain't hard, y'all.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Pretty sure the show demonstrated that Fitz and Simmons were very ok with killing Ward in the last season.
Fitz is also an overly-anal Aspie that wants justice over Ward by the book. Until they all find out Ward survived, I bet Fitz feels conflicted about Ward no longer being a threat and how Coulson did it off the book.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Pretty sure, even with your use of big words, everyone is just fine with him being killed.

You're talking about a world with super heroes and fantasy. It's not a 1=1 match for our world and rules, obviously. SHIELD and HYDRA would be mired in red tape trying to get anything accomplished if that was the truth.

Ward proved time and time again he was too resourceful and dangerous to keep alive. "Why did I kill him? Uh.. well according to exhibits A, B, C, 3, 11, 92, 45G, and ¿, I felt he was too dangerous to bring back to Earth, and maybe he was an alien too, who knows. Lets get a beer."

You should be more concerned with how the heck did the little worm dude made it all the way to Ward, and reanimate him and then still make it through the portal in time without getting obliterated.. now THAT'S just crazy talk.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
You should be more concerned with how the heck did the little worm dude made it all the way to Ward, and reanimate him and then still make it through the portal in time without getting obliterated.. now THAT'S just crazy talk.
Or noticed by the others going through the portal or on the other side of it.

I find that term quite derogatory and insulting.
:confused: Why? People with AS refer to themselves in this manner. Is this another hypocritical "nigger" situation? "Only we can say it!"? :rolleyes:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
My buddies girlfriends brother does. Not like I see him often, but it rolls right off his tongue. Also, Google it. It seems super common in the results text without even following a link. You had me thinking the acquaintance was incredibly thick skinned in this ever increasing thin skinned world for a second there.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Blah. Fucking Grant Ward. We'll never see the end of that guy.

I've gotten a newfound respect for AOS though. I can't get through Agent Carter S2 so far. SO. BORING.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
I recall being quite relieved as he was "dead" at Coulson's (robotic) hand.

Then......

They use this HIVE character to keep him around.

ugh.

Agent Carter?

Never watched it,never been interested ever.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I actually thought Agent Carter was pretty good. I think IF they get another go around next year it MIGHT start getting into SHIELD. Howard was in it a lot more this year, so that's a pretty good indication that it'll start going more towards SHIELD in the next season.