Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I actually thought Agent Carter was pretty good. I think IF they get another go around next year it MIGHT start getting into SHIELD. Howard was in it a lot more this year, so that's a pretty good indication that it'll start going more towards SHIELD in the next season.
Yeah, Agent Carter was still terrible. :wave:

Howard was only in like 2 episodes, maybe 3 tops? I think that's as many as he was in last season.

Caught up and finished the season, and started back on S.H.I.E.L.D. Sometimes I think the main reason for Carter is so we appreciate the main show more, because holy shit it wasn't any better than normal, but after sitting through 10 hours of boredom on Agent Carter season 2, I was happy to see Ward again. :rolleyes:

Some of their production value is still laughable. The plate shot of the new Quinjet thing sitting atop the hill overlooking Bogota was laughably composited. And they kept showing it over and over again!

It was nice to see President Matthews in the show, even if it was for a quick cameo. They need more of that shit in there, just to make it seem like the world is larger than the show. They also need to intertwine the show into the films more, because I'm quickly forgetting that it's the same world stage that they're playing in.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Remember, she broke first because she really wants to see how he Fitz in her. When a woman wants the D, she's gonna get the D.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Just any kind of hero. These SHIELD spin-offs are getting lame.

DC TV is killing it with actual heroes. It'd be nice if Marvel did the same on TV.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That and that other spin-off that was passed on. I wanna say thank God, but i had zero intention of watching it anyway. I halfheartedly watch AoS most of the time. Last thing i want is more of it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I just find it funny they wrote Hunter and Mockingbird off the main show to star in their own, and now it was for nothing. I know nobody who was stoked about that spinoff. It stunk of bad idea from the start.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I half-heartedly watched the second season of Agent Carter. It was decidedly okay. Best was the plentiful eye candy, worst was the tired political overtones of the under-appreciated women and black scientist guy. I also enjoyed the Jarvis' adventures with AC.

So far as AoS, similar racial and political overtones shoved into the mix make what could be a reasonably good season decidedly meh. If they used the energy to insert politics to do some better writing, it'd be a much better show. I watch it while surfing or pinteresting.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ugh, yeah...the forced super obvious PC agendas really irritate me too. Though, more and more lately, it feels like EVERY show is falling victim to this. I can't watch a show (or commercial) without all the white chicks being gaga for the black guy or the woman being some heroic babe taking down a sumo wrestler like he's a toddler. I find it hilarious that near every villain is a white man.

Not sure if it's agenda or if it's just fear of writing more realistically and then getting lambasted for doing so.

As for that spinoff...yeah, i visit two different movie/TV sites almost daily. I followed all the threads on it, not out of interest, but to see others reactions. I'm not exaggerating when i say that i think about 90% of the comments were "Why?"s in regards to the spinoff happening right from the get. It was then said to not be happening any longer and it was all "Oh good!"s. Then it was back on, and again, more "No one wants this!". Finally, ABC heard the people...:talktothehand: "Marvels Least Wanted"

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I'm sure no one (but me) is still watching this show.. but it's gotten SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. The last episode was probably the best one yet, and the best comic-based TV episode I've ever seen.

They're only on season 4 I guess, it feels longer, but they break up the seasons so much they last a long time. It finally feels like the actors are all on the same page.. and the writers are not trying to take themselves so seriously.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Oh I am still watching, despite the budget restraints it pretty good. & even through I like both shows (use to be on at the same time.) I always choose to watch AoS over Flash.

Granted I never get to watch it live anyways.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm still DVRing and watching it. I like the LMD plotline, despite how much suspension of disbelief I need to use. It definitely plays like a comic book, more maybe than earlier in the series. And was that who I think it was at the end, reprising his early role in the series?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I'm still watching, and this season very happily. By far the best season of them all. And gosh DANG is that Aida actress beautiful! So tall and sexy! She makes Daisy look dumpy by comparison.

I am suuuuuuper bummed that Ward is coming back. There is no character I hate on TV more (besides Fish on Gotham) than Ward. I loath the arrogance of the character. I hadn't thought about it until just now, but him not being around may just be why I've enjoyed this season over all others. Sigh. Still, I'm very interested to see where they go with this Matrix world.

As for the DC shows, Gotham is the only one worth bothering with. Arrow has also been great this season, but Flash has gotten bad. It's LOTS of convenient contradictory stuff and stupid choices on the characters parts. And soooooo much teen relationship drama nonsense. Gotta please the females viewers. :rolleyes:

Legends of Tomorrow...don't. Just don't. If time travel paradoxes bother you even the tiniest bit, that show will have you going bonkers.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Here I thought you'd come around to Ward just 'cause he's such a pretty man... :trollface:

I thought they did a pretty good job of explaining why he was the way he was (insecurities due to his past, and indoctrination from Hydra and [can't recall Bill Paxton's (RIP) character]).

I do have to say though, that of all the characters, the ones I have actually liked consistently throughout the series are Fitz/Simmons. Seems like everybody else has gone through annoying or "how did you suddenly become so stupid?" arcs. Even with Fitz's participation in Aida's development, I still understand his motivations. The mad scientist doctor guy has been fun to watch as well, though I suppose we won't see him in the flesh any more. Maybe he'll live on as a permanent LMD or something.

While not as glamorous looking as Aida, Skye/Daisy/Quake still looks pretty good at times, especially when she's kickin' ayazz... :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh gawd yes is Daisy hot. No doubt about that. Last episode especially in her Terminator 2 outfit. And that Daisy army? If I was in control of them....err ee err ee err ee err ee err ee err...

As for why Ward is the way he is, I don't care. He's a cocky, unfun dick. I don't like those kinds of people on TV/movies and I don't like them in real life. Han Solo is cocky, but he's not a dick.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I paused the TV for the Daisy army. I'm not ashamed to admit that.

She kind of goes back and forth for me between super hot and just regular hot.

The Aida lady is very pretty though, and I liked the "real" ones accent too. She does "robot" so well too. I wonder if it's CGI at all, or just good acting, but she can be so still.. and .. robot-y.

I hate that we have to wait until April for more episodes!

Not a huge fan of Ward either, they mostly played that character out.. however..

I wonder, with the Triskellion being under Hydra again.. (and May working for them seemingly willingly).. is this going to be a bizzaro world? Meaning.. Ward was a spy for Hydra.. will he be a SHIELD spy now?

I think it would be a fun reversal to have him be a good guy playing a bad guy for once. He could help them and maybe redeem his character in some way before they escape the Matrix.. err Framework.

Who do we think is on Fitz's arm? Aida? Black Widow? Mack? Haha

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm really thinking Aida is Fitz's arm candy. Was that a Scientology behind him?

Simmons being dead after being "sent" into the matrix...wonder how that works out for her.