Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Ha! In our dreams!

Yeah, the hero fighting last nigh was awesome. GH vs Ophelia and GH + Quake vs henchmen was too cool.

SUPER sad that AIDA/Agnes/Madam Hydra/Ophelia/Mallory Jansen is gone. :(

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. though with SHIELD it seems like no one ever dies for good.. maybe we'll see her again somehow.

I actually liked "Good Ward", and it was nice seeing Trip again.

They really did a great job with this season, it was kind of amazing.

Wonder what the ending was all about.. space?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
HOLY GUACAMOLE BATMAN!

That was a great 2-episode premier.. did not see that twist coming. I wonder how this will tie into the rest of the MU? I never followed the comics or anything so it's all new for me.

Man this show has gotten so awesome since last season. I enjoyed it before, but now its really really good.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, that was exceptionally good. It really boosted my excitement for the rest of the season. Earth being completely destroyed was an awesome image. Though I think that Quake being responsible is a red herring, not to mention that that kind of power for superhero is absurd. I mean, could Hulk do that? I think her being responsible is an assumption on the future humans part or misleading information passed on to them and then passed on to us.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, for sure. That's way too much power to give to a 4th tier TV superhero :)

I was hoping they'd tie it into the Infinity War and say Thanos did it. Then they work backwards to the new movie and/or make some small change which makes it so he doesn't end up doing it or something.

Either way, it was very good.. and seems like a very smart move to relocate the crew to a new location where they're not just retreading the same ground over and over again. The self aware jokes were great too, SWORD/etc.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Supposedly the show won't have those movie tie ins that it typically has, this season. Of course that could be a misdirect.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I mean it would make sense that it wont since its way in the future.. but.. it seems like a perfect opportunity to do something with the movie coming out next May.. could be really cool.

I still think the Winter Soldier/Hydra tie-in was one of the coolest things I ever saw.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I could easily see ThAnos being responsible
Dr Strange has a time stone which means multiple time lines.

They will get info from the future then get it back to the present along with an Easter egg in infinity war. Just like age of ultron

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think it's meant for people who may have tuned out in the first season or so.

Showing that the characters and plot lines are actually good.

I think last season was some of the best TV I've ever seen. The 6 episode "pod" format was amazing. It let them tell good stories without dragging each one out to a full season with a bunch of filler episodes.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
As much as this show gets blamed for Filler, when you watch it back to back, most mysteries are solved 1 or 2 episodes later, then on to the next thing. Its not like Lost hears a another mystery that really interesting that we will never revisit

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Finally caught up on this season last night.

It's okay, good sometimes, but mostly OK. The reduced budget and over reliance on the same corridors over and over again has gotten a little tiresome.

Looking forward to seeing what the 2nd arc is about though. I do like the fan service and call backs though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I assume you watched episodes back to back? The environment repetition must've been rough considering that watching it with week long gaps has gotten old.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I did like 3 or 4 in a row.

I mean, I get it, I guess. In space and what not there isn't a lot of different places left. It was just kind of visually boring.

I think I missed part.. so the space station from the beginning.. was actually the lighthouse? So it used to be on the planet but now is in space.. or is a part of a floating chunk? Did they explain why the Kree are there?

The Kree mostly look like ass too.. just blue paint on some of them. Pretty weak.

Side note.. that blue kree Chick was all kinds of sexy, but I looked her up in real life and she's Ok but I like her better in blue. The same thing happened with the Star Trek Beyond alien girl.. she was oddly attractive as an alien but when I looked up the actress I wasn't excited at all.

I didn't really follow all the human back stabbing either.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, the lighthouse is part of, a chunk? I say that because they look out of windows and see the larger rounded remains of the earth. Why the Kree is there...they explained it but I forget. Unimportant as far as I was concerned.

I thought and did the exact same thing pertaining to the evil blue chick. Like dang! She's sexy! I bet she looks hot in real life. Nope.

I mean, watching the Guardians of the Galaxy films, I'd happily be involved with a bright colored chick ("Race traitor!"). Especially after seeing that girls can be hotter when colored. 😲

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I lost track of this show when we moved and never bothered to catch back up. It was getting a little political and the eye candy wasn't enough to overcome its shortcomings.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Decades after the the second decade of the twenty-first century, Earthwas torn apart by a catastrophic event. The Humans survivors lived in a bunker under the ruins of the planet called the Lighthouse.[14]However, the Kree came to the spacestaion and restored the order, but they also destroyed every document about the life on Earth, so the Humans would focus on work. The ruler of the Lighthouse was Kasius, [15] whose father banished him from Hala.[16]

For Kasius to profit from his unwanted staying in the Lighthouse, he forced every human to be exposed to the Terrigen Mist and enslaving those who became Inhumans. He then offered them to potential buyers from across the galaxy that wanted the Inhumans for their powers.[17]

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I lost track of this show when we moved and never bothered to catch back up. It was getting a little political and the eye candy wasn't enough to overcome its shortcomings.
It got better.. last season was just amazing TV. One of the best seasons of any show I've ever seen. It was 3 different arcs and a ton of "WHOA WTF OMG" moments. I couldn't believe it.

This season is a bit of a drop, but it's still OK. Curious how they're going to spin the 2nd half.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
If you want a show that's good AND full of eye candy, watch Gotham. Yowzers! It's like a hot girl parade. The latest addition, the girl playing Falcone's daughter is from Michigan.

crystal reed - Google Search
Yes, 2018 Eddie, GOTHAM was good, though I never ended up seeing the last season. It sure started good.

In other news..

OH!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is over! Fin! Kaput!

Sigh.

This thread is almost 8! This thread is almost out of booster seats. This thread has a ton of friends who aren't here anymore.

Sigh.

The ending was... good. Fitting. The last season was something SUPER crazy, and it somehow worked. Some CRAZY GOOD MCU crossovers early, and then.. lots of mediocre, a 4th season that was the best television on.. television.. and then such a crazy final season. I don't even know.

With the MCU delayed due to COVID.. and with Endgame/Far From Home last year, and AoS ending now, it really feels like the original MCU is gone.

Maybe he turns out to be a Life Model Decoy.
*snickers in future talk*

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I kind of forgot about it after the forgettable season whatever it was. I was surprised a couple months or so to see it was still on TV. So did it parallel the Avengers movies and jump forward 5 years with the blip or do we get to see some of what happened before End Game?

Maybe at some point I'll go back and watch it through, but, unless there's something critical to the original MCU story in there somewhere, I doubt it. Yeah, the original (OG) [best] Marvel is behind us...

*also sighs*

Caveat: Still hoping Black Widow will be good, and can be included as OG back story. Not really expecting much from F&TWS, WandaVision and the Loki show. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised at some point(s). Also hoping for a good (As)Guardians 3 and Dr. Strange 2... and maybe Thor 4...

*thump thump*

*thump thump*

*thump thump*

Wait... is that a heart beat?

Maybe... :p

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
AoS was a giant FU to the MCU

I have a theory that they both started out it the same timeline but separated (due to producers having a pissing contest)

The last season is crazy & doesn’t make a lot of sense but there is hope that it can be rolled over to MCU proper with a possible Agents of SWORD

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
After season 2ish, it really went its own way outside of the MCU. If you squint a little bit, it can line up mostly with the MCU at large through season 6. There are maybe a handful of references, but nothing too overt, and nothing as big/integrated as the Hydra reveal in season 1.

Season 4 was amazing from start to finish, season 5 was.. not as good, but still decent. Season 6 was.. super weird but ended well. Season 7 was just balls to the wall insane from start to finish, was a wild ride, and really rivals season 4 in my mind for quality.

I was HOPING they'd get to squeeze in some MCU goodness but it seems like it was out of the budget.

All that being said, it was a fun ride.. can't believe how long it's been. I imagine it should all be on Disney+ at some point soon.

I am looking forward to the Disney+ shows since they'll all tie into the MCU proper.. but sad we'll lose this sort of long form episodic story where not ever episode had to be super connected.