Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 15 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Here are the entries.....#2 and #3 will be sized properly if either wins. I did not take the time to do so.

1)

2)

3)

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
#1 amazing pic. has nothing to do with the theme for the month though. (The theme for May is to have something with a plan being set up. It can be some suits in an office or possibly a team in a tent figuring out their next move. Even could be people pinned down trying to figure a way out.
This is a no photoshop month. Please ask any question you may have.)

#2 Nice to see someone switching things up. you gets points for bringing something new to the table. were the pic focused a little better youd get my vote.

#3 who the hell cropped this thing. everythings been squished. now after that being said, you got my vote. You followed the them perfectly, I like you envirorment in the back ground, pictures in focus. just need to work on cropping your pics.

IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP WITH CROPPING AN IMAGE FOR A BANNER CONTEST PLEASE CONTACT ME. I HAVE NO PROBLEMS HELPING YOU OUT WITH THIS

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Hmm. Technically #1 is "When the plan comes together", assuming the plan was to blow shit up.

It's not "coming up with the plan to blow shit up" though. But from the title of the contest I can see why it could be confusing.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Hmm. Technically #1 is "When the plan comes together", assuming the plan was to blow shit up.

It's not "coming up with the plan to blow shit up" though. But from the title of the contest I can see why it could be confusing.

Not to be a dick NSA, but, I'm gonna be, lol.
The rules were
The theme for May is to have something with a plan being set up. It can be some suits in an office or possibly a team in a tent figuring out their next move. Even could be people pinned down trying to figure a way out.

This is a no photoshop month. Please ask any question you may have.

Doesn't say aftermath. It is "coming up with the plan to blow shit up"

I'm starting to think we just need to have banner entries open to anything. The rules for the themes lately seems to be getting bent, stretched and/or broken each month and very few vote based on the rules. To me, 3 is the only one that met the criteria. Possibly 2, but i'm not sure what really is going on there.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well if you go literally on what he said, like "people pinned down trying to find a way out" as a "plan" then I guess maybe Firefly is "planning" where to step next, or "planning" what he is going to have for dinner!

#2 is also not really "planning" since I think they already captured Vader (if that's what the picture is of).

#3 is the only one that follows the common sense understanding of the rules I guess, though they did not follow the submission rules so they technically failed as well!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Well if you go literally on what he said, like "people pinned down trying to find a way out" as a "plan" then I guess maybe Firefly is "planning" where to step next, or "planning" what he is going to have for dinner!

#2 is also not really "planning" since I think they already captured Vader (if that's what the picture is of).

#3 is the only one that follows the common sense understanding of the rules I guess, though they did not follow the submission rules so they technically failed as well!

damn, I thought you would bring those points up, valid, yes, but that's the bending I'm referring to.

Totally right on the dimensions not being right.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Either way, I think we can all agree that it's MAJOR BLOOD's fault for allowing these flawed submissions into the contest!

And we can also agree it's everyone else's fault for not submitting MORE entries! You lazy bastards!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
hehehehe, I chickened out this month. I couldn't figure anyway to do a remotely good picture of anything planning. So I am guilty of kinda lazy, since I didn't try.

I figured Blood allowed the entries because of limited entries.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well then more people enter. The FF shot is actually the product of a plan coming together. The other two are working on one. I did not check any until last night. Shit, that was the first I had checked my PM's in about 2 weeks. I am not at home much so I do not get to them as much.

To anyone who has an issue with he entries I have a solution. Submit a fucking picture. :D. Who cares if it is done in a few minutes or hours. His is for fun and the themes are to challenge everyone. Even if it does not cater to what you are used to give it a go anyway. Who cares if you lose? Toys are for fun and I try to do different things to get us to play with them.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I am also working 7 days a week doing two jobs. If I do not get back to people right away it is mainly because I am not home. I work 12 hours each day between two jobs and sometimes I can't stay up to date with communication. Shit, I have a room full of toys and no time to play! Bullshit!

Aside from that we all should be able to take a few minutes to throw something together. Myself included. Hopefully I can get a little time to put entries together as I hope others will too.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I plan on June's for sure! I like the movie idea a lot! Just hope I can figure out how to make a figure for my Plan A, if not it will have to be Plan B with exsisting figures I have. But I'm stoked for June!!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Rex is the only one excused from these because he does not have any free time between news articles.....

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Many people have already stated the points that I would have said. However I want to reiterate a few things:

-Quit your bitching and make a better photo if you don't like the winner!

-If you don't submit a photo, you have no right to bitch. Period.

-I like most people probably voted for #1 since it was the ONLY fucking photo that had the god damn dimensions right. I would have probably voted #3 but I want to see what it would look like before it went onto the fucking banner for 30 days.

-It's obvious that "blind voting" is the problem. Good Job Eddie!

I will get off my high horse now. Have fun Gents :D

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well I did not have time to resize. I usually do that before posting but wanted to get the entries up first. As for the blind voting it just has been tough with me being busy. Usually it is not that rough.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
Had i been aware i could do a pic where it just shows the aftermath of a plan and not a plan being put together like stated in the rules i would have entered.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
Seems like people just look at the most awesome and badass entry and vote for that, whether or not it actually fits the criteria.

Had i been aware i could do a pic where it just shows the aftermath of a plan and not a plan being put together like stated in the rules i would have entered.

Rules are rules and we should stick to them otherwise anarchy and chaos ensue.