Meddatron's Dio-shots

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Hmmm, No idea why I never started a thread for my one-shots. Oh well. I'll start to place all my dio-shots in here.

Here is my latest.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Lol...is your crystal ball hypnotizing a zombie viper?...hahaha

I wanna see a Jedi and Crystal Ball face off :D

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks guys.

Eddie- Yeah, I figured who better to controll the zombies than crystal ball.

Fled - I did make those barriers in the background with various sized pop sticks. Made 3 of them, only put the stop sign on 1.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
more, and how did this crystal ball come into fruition?

please just post all your material.. knock our socks off.. don't dick tease, just unload it..

fuck, that's getting eddieized.. i forgot where i was..

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I can't stand Crystal Ball or Raptor, but that actually looks cool. What is it, a Doctor Strange head, or something from one of the castors?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
The head came from Jesse. I think it was a Dr Strange. I am not positive, I dont collect many Marvel and have never seen his figure. But when i saw the head, I thought right away of using it for CB. The whole figure is ROC CC with the coat modified and that head. Simple but I think effective.

I'll try to get a better pic done. Close ups I took all look blurry.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks Eddie.
The latest dio stuff i have been working on and off. The original plan was to make beer vats so when cc comes to my house he could visit the yuengling beer brewery. lol. I decided to go with compound z vats for mindbender. Some sneak peak shots. The full dio is not done, i got alot more planned.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That's freaking awesome!...though if you plan to keep it for Mindbenders lab, you might want to switch out the wood for something more industrial and metal looking...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
It is gonna be one of mindbenders secret labs. I am going with wood because I envision it inside of a deep cave in South America. I figure the entrance will be that cave entrance dio I already have done. I see the compound z being made by accident initially in some low budget low kept lab. Well, this is gonna be that lab.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks Eddie.
The latest dio stuff i have been working on and off. The original plan was to make beer vats so when cc comes to my house he could visit the yuengling beer brewery. lol. I decided to go with compound z vats for mindbender. Some sneak peak shots. The full dio is not done, i got alot more planned.

That's so cool!

Can't wait to see the full dio!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
What'd you do for the li'l skulls?

I took a SDS Red Skull cast head and pressed it into some sculpey. I rolled it softly in a newspaper and let it sit overnight. In the morn the newspaper absorbed most of the liquid from the sculpey and the head came out nicely. I than baked it. After baked i just used it as a mold and pressed sculpey into it and gently pealed it out and baked it. Details get lost pretty fast though so must rinse the mold after each press. Even than a little detail was lost each time.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I took a SDS Red Skull cast head and pressed it into some sculpey. I rolled it softly in a newspaper and let it sit overnight. In the morn the newspaper absorbed most of the liquid from the sculpey and the head came out nicely. I than baked it. After baked i just used it as a mold and pressed sculpey into it and gently pealed it out and baked it. Details get lost pretty fast though so must rinse the mold after each press. Even than a little detail was lost each time.

Doesn't matter, it looks good still. There's this soft-mold reusable shit I need to find, once I get around to trying my hand at sculpting... I keep putting it off. Ugh. Anyways, it does the same thing you did, except I think it retains better quality so long as you use greenstuff, but it looks like your method works just the same.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks gents. I appreciate the feedback and kind words.

I was laying in bed last night and thought, I need to make some torches of something for it. Time to dig into my Star Wars stuff to see if I can find something that looks like fire.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011

I've used clay and hot glue to do the same thing, it's like a ghetto injection mold machine.

-Take the item you want to make a copy of
-Press it into a clump of clay (the multi-colored stuff kids use at school)
-slowly rock the object back and forth untill it comes out (don't rock it too much or the mold will be distorted).
-squirt hot glue into the mold
-let cool
-peel off as much clay as possible
-submerge hot glue copy in hot water with dish washing detergent
-brush off remaining clay while in water with a soft brustle brush

Positive side of doing it this way, you have a mold that retains a good amount of detail when the master is removed.

Draw-back, you have to make a new mold each time you want to make a copy. The copies are also prone to having a few pin-holes in them from trapped air bubbles.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
awesome, couldnt you do the same thing but after removing the head, bake the clay, than use a thin coat of pan spray to keep hot glue from sticking. let cool, pop out. I use the pan spray on figures necks when i fill a head with hot glue for a better fit, it keeps the glue from sticking to the body. I think I will try that. Thanks!!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks gents, I was thinking of those blaster fire things that came with Star Wars guys, I am hitting AC Moore this afternoon to get a papo skeleton or 2 so will grab appropriate paint if they have it.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
awesome, couldnt you do the same thing but after removing the head, bake the clay, than use a thin coat of pan spray to keep hot glue from sticking. let cool, pop out. I use the pan spray on figures necks when i fill a head with hot glue for a better fit, it keeps the glue from sticking to the body. I think I will try that. Thanks!!

The clay I'm speaking of isn't the bakeable kind. Putting it in an oven would probably cause it to melt into a pile of oily goo.