Merit 1/16 M-ATV MRAP

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
Somebody obtained one for $150.00 at their local hobby shop here in the US. Paid $150.00. Details/photos at SSMH.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Somebody obtained one for $150.00 at their local hobby shop here in the US. Paid $150.00. Details/photos at SSMH.

What is SSMH? I got some cash for Christmas and am tempted to buy one of these with it. Anyone have one yet? Thoughts? I have no space for 1:18 aircraft - but think this would be pretty sweet....

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013
What is SSMH? I got some cash for Christmas and am tempted to buy one of these with it. Anyone have one yet? Thoughts? I have no space for 1:18 aircraft - but think this would be pretty sweet....

Small Scale Military Headquarters

Small Scale Military Headquarters - View topic - Merit 1:16 Scale M-ATV MRAP Vehicle!

Your not alone! I will be buying a few of these pretty damn soon! The cheapest I've seen is $159.95 plus shipping and handling of $4.99 (orders of $151 to$200.00)=$164.94 @ Aiken's Airplane Store, US M-ATV MRAP 1:16 Merit International MIL-68605; as of today Amazon has it priced at $166.00 (..free shipping & handling); [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015DWIT66/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me="]Amazon.com: MRT68605 1:16 Merit US M-ATV MRAP (pre-painted/pre-built): Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Z%2BRNbcgSL.@@AMEPARAM@@51Z%2BRNbcgSL[/ame]

Last edited:

blackblast

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
Hey, this beauty is in Chile, and i think must be reviewed for fighting 1:18 by a fighting 1:18 member, here we go, (i hope you like this review)

Here is the front side of the box…

…the right side…

…the back side…

…the left side…

…the upper side…
^
…and lower side…

…and now the MATV…

…the front side of the MATV…

…the right side…

…and the back side…

…an angle view with 2 figures…

…definitely It’s 1:16…

…the back side of MATV without the accessories…

…the accessories…

…the drawing…

Last edited:

blackblast

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
…and the MATV with accessories…

… with a lower angle looks more in 1:18 scale…

…the doors and seats are perfect for 1:18 figures, a smaller scale would not be good for Joes…

…after view a lot of MATV images, this vehicle is good for 1:18 figures…

…now you can see the MATV with a nice 1:18 vehicle…
…and you can see the height of this MATV…

…I don’t know if the 1:18 vehicle is too small or the MATV is too big, I think in the definition of large MATV appears…

…now an angle view…

…and with a larger military vehicle…

…upper view of both…

…now a comparition with a more common vehicles, side by side with a HMMWV and an M1A1…

…other angle…

…and another…

…and upper view…

…a side…

…and the other side…

…well, I a man of a few words,

This vehicle is delicate and the wheels (at least in mine) can’t roll freely but are nice anyway and are made of rubber. This also don’t have shock absorption system on wheels

The antennas are cool, the MATV has a lot of small pieces that you can break.

The doors fit too tight in close position, but maybe is only mine.

If you want an MATV, this is the option, there will not be a true 1:18 MATV and if some day we have one will not be functional. It’s not easy sitting the figures inside this 1:16 vehicle, but at least you can seat them.

If you want some outdoors shots or a comparison with other vehicles just ask for it.

Jorge AKA BlackBlast

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013
…and the MATV with accessories…

… with a lower angle looks more in 1:18 scale…

…the doors and seats are perfect for 1:18 figures, a smaller scale would not be good for Joes…

…after view a lot of MATV images, this vehicle is good for 1:18 figures…

…now you can see the MATV with a nice 1:18 vehicle…
…and you can see the height of this MATV…

…I don’t know if the 1:18 vehicle is too small or the MATV is too big, I think in the definition of large MATV appears…

…now an angle view…

…and with a larger military vehicle…

…upper view of both…

…now a comparition with a more common vehicles, side by side with a HMMWV and an M1A1…

…other angle…

…and another…

…and upper view…

…a side…

…and the other side…

…well, I a man of a few words,

This vehicle is delicate and the wheels (at least in mine) can’t roll freely but are nice anyway and are made of rubber. This also don’t have shock absorption system on wheels

The antennas are cool, the MATV has a lot of small pieces that you can break.

The doors fit too tight in close position, but maybe is only mine.

If you want an MATV, this is the option, there will not be a true 1:18 MATV and if some day we have one will not be functional. It’s not easy sitting the figures inside this 1:16 vehicle, but at least you can seat them.

If you want some outdoors shots or a comparison with other vehicles just ask for it.

Jorge AKA BlackBlast

Nice! Thanks for posting some pictures! You can post some outdoor pictures & more side by side comparisons with different 1/18 scale military vehicles or next to the G.I. Joe Rhino or Rolling Operations Command Center! Can you post a picture of Retaliation Roadblock or 50th Anniversary Gung-Ho next to this & inside sitting down?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I believe these are relevant to the scale portion of this discussion.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
AHHH...still not sure if I will drop $150 on it...but pics are making me lean towards yes...

blackblast

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
Nice! Thanks for posting some pictures! You can post some outdoor pictures & more side by side comparisons with different 1/18 scale military vehicles or next to the G.I. Joe Rhino or Rolling Operations Command Center! Can you post a picture of Retaliation Roadblock or 50th Anniversary Gung-Ho next to this & inside sitting down?

Sure, when i get home i'll take some comparison shots,
I have the retaliation Roadblock but not GungHo, i'll take some shots with more figures and also inside and sitting down (if i can)
The outdoor photos are going out this weekend ;)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
I sure wish mine came out that nice....however my wheels rolled, it fit GIJoes perfectly, and I can make more...:) If I were to design a new one, I would put lights and suspension with steering and make it modular with bolt heads and rivets..... BUT...not as detailed as this one.

blackblast

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
I sure wish mine came out that nice....however my wheels rolled, it fit GIJoes perfectly, and I can make more...:) If I were to design a new one, I would put lights and suspension with steering and make it modular with bolt heads and rivets..... BUT...not as detailed as this one.

Your MATV is the most playable one in the world, but your best creation is the HEMTT, that is awesome.

blackblast

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
As request here we go with More comparisons

With Resolute Roadblock

And movie Roadblock

With a BBI pilot

Now a regular figure inside

In the back seat

And the big boy inside

And another shot of them

Now with the machine gun

And another

Now with the Bbi 1:18 Messerschmitt Bf 109 G

Side by side

Now with BBI Elite Forces 1/18 Scale Marine Division Humvee

blackblast

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
And an angle view

Now with a PTE buggy

Front view of them

Two MATV

With an 1:18 vehicle

With the G.I. Joe - 30th Anniversary VAMP

With the chapmei Assault Amphibious Vehicle

With the A-Team Van

With some vehicles

And one outside

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I think even if i didnt know it was out of scale, i would still think it looks slightly too big. That being said, placed next to just other military vehicles, i think it looks fine. Next to civilian vehicles, it looks kinda silly.

Vietvetson

Enlisted
Jul 9, 2013
San Bernardino, California
After looking at the comparison photos of the M-ATV MRAP next to a Humvee I noticed that the roof line of the Humvee comes to the top of the wheel well of the MRAP. The previous photo of the 1/18 Humvee next to the Merit 1/16 MRAP looks to me as if the roof line is right at the top of the wheel well, like the in person photos. My observation.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
man - still not sure if I will buy one...but prices are going up on eBay...was 138 and shipping when I asked... now 155 and shipping

Dzirhan

Enlisted
Jul 22, 2015
Malaysia
I think even if i didnt know it was out of scale, i would still think it looks slightly too big. That being said, placed next to just other military vehicles, i think it looks fine. Next to civilian vehicles, it looks kinda silly.

MRAPS are that big, I saw a Streit Typhoon MRAP in person (different type though) and it's almost close to that size if you made it in 1/18, hunting to see if I have any pic of it that illustrates its size, here's one http://www.armyrecognition.com/laad...typhoon_and_spartan_at_laad_2013_1004131.html

Edited: adjusted comment and added link

Last edited:

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Considering the tire size on those beasts are like 46" give or take, it looks pretty darn close to about the right size for the Joe figs.

Vietvetson

Enlisted
Jul 9, 2013
San Bernardino, California
Looks like it measures close to 1/16 scale based on specs.

M-ATV MRAP SPECIFICATIONS

Front-engine, rear/4-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 4-door truck

Length: 20.5 feet
Width: 8.175 feet
Curb weight: 25,000 pounds
Zero to 60 mph: 32.8 seconds
Top speed (governor limited): 65 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 269 feet
7.2 liter, turbocharged and intercooled pushrod 18-valve diesel inline-6 engine
6-speed automatic transmission with manumatic shifting

1/16 Scale

Length: 15.43 inches
Height: 6.56 inches (Without Gunner)
Width: 6.13 inches

1/18 Scale

Length: 13.71 inches
Height: 5.83 inches (Without Gunner)
Width: 5.45 inches

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Mine came today from Amazon 3rd party. Front right wheel was snapped off and loose in package. Now way I pay 165 for something I have to fix when I open it. Trying to make a deal with them to get a partial refund....like say maybe up to 75 %. Other wise they pay to ship this one back and another to me....

blackblast

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
Mine came today from Amazon 3rd party. Front right wheel was snapped off and loose in package. Now way I pay 165 for something I have to fix when I open it. Trying to make a deal with them to get a partial refund....like say maybe up to 75 %. Other wise they pay to ship this one back and another to me....

One of mine arrived with one anthena broken, anyway i think was well packaged because both were shipped to Chile and were checked by customs and things like that without any big problem.

I think you should request one new if it arrived broken, the items fixed never works good then.