More Jurassic Park toys for me

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011

I found these at a flea market for about $2.50 each. I'm pretty excited to have found them. It seems the right Flea Market can offer better stuff for me than freaking Ebay! Anyway, as it turns out the first two figures in the pic are apparently rather rare, which is why I was excited to see them in that giant ash tray with the thick scent of old cigarettes and lung cancer called a market. To give you a better idea of why here's a couple of links.

http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/lost-world/lost-world-series-2/humans/nick-van-owen/index.htm

http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/lost-world/lost-world-series-2/humans/ajay-sidhu/index.htm

The woman figure is Ripley from Aliens, the only woman in my collection of Kenner made figures other than Princess Leia, but I hope to change that by getting Ellie Sattler and Sarah Harding and maybe even the woman from the movie Congo. Something I find interesting about Ripley is that the over sized rocket launcher that comes with ROC destro fits perfectly in Ripley's and Alan Grant's hands. By chance I have two of those launchers. They are now rocket pals.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, i thought that was Ripley.

It's a shame the new JP line utilizing Joe molds got 86ed.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Nice find on the JP toys! Especially the Ajay and series 2 Van Own those are really hard to come by. All I need still is the Baryonyx from the first movie line and it will be complete. Just don't want to drop the 60 plus caps.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
wow Sr, I didn't know anybody else on the site here even bothered collecting them. Is your Carnotaurus boxed or loose?

Last edited:

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
JP was the first true toy line for me. In the sense of I was able to collect most of it when I was a kid and remember buying it on the self/pegs. My Carno is loose but, is complete. Got him on my Birthday back when series 2 came out. Have you been collecting for a while or just new to it?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I did not have the opportunity to get the original Jurassic Park toys back in 1993 and 1994. I was only three and four years old respectively and my family lived in a rather isolated area hidden in the hills of Appalachia, but I remember seeing ads for them in magazines, jcpenny catalogs, and the television ads and I remember wanting them so badly. When we moved to a town around 1996 I was able to get a few of the toys from the second movie which I was very fond of and a good portion of my Jurassic Park toys are carried over from that time period. I got some of the Jurassic Park 3 stuff in 2000 but honestly Hasbro ruined a good thing (gee who would have thought Hasbro could screw up?).

The rest of my collection such as the Mobile Command Center, the Command Compound, and my recently acquired Thrasher T-Rex I've been getting on Ebay when I'm not in the mood for GI Joe stuff. Ebay is for the big expensive stuff, Flea markets are for the small figures. Now I just want Sarah Harding, Ellie Sattler, MAYBE Amanda Kirby to feed the young T-rex and some parts I'm missing for the Command Compound.

Last edited:

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Sarah is hard to find. I love the Thrasher my favorite JP dino for sure. When the new kwinn form Joe comes out I have a lot of JP customs to do, I just hope I don't lose the will to do them.

I may have some command parts and a young Rex. If I get the time I will see what extra stuff I have.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
speaking of customs, with so many Scarletts floating around it probably wouldn't be too hard to make a Sarah Harding custom with Joe parts. Also I finally found Ellie Sattler in that flea market today.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Needs more Dinosaurs. I could never get into any actionfigure that had less joints than a G.I.Joe (sole exception to the rule was Star Wars). So I just used the dinosaurs with my Joes when I was a little lad.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
the Jurassic park figures never needed the large amounts of joints and the simplicity only adds to their charm.