Most anticipated G.I.*JOE from JoeCon

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
so we've seen all there is from JoeCon2011...there was tons of new stuff shown...and most, if not all, of it (IMO) was phenominal...

what new Joe product are you most anticipating NOT including what was shown at ToyFair?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
it wasn't easy for me to choose...not at all...there was so much ARAH inspired stuff, that i couldn't contain my glee...

but when it was all said and done, it came down to...

LIFELINE!

he looked great...the added chute looks awesome...plus all the insane gear...gurney, defribulator, respoator, IV/bag, etc...

my top choice was between LL and Kwinn...thats a surprize too...as i didn't grow up knowing who the f*** Kwinn was...not untill a couple years ago did i get schooled on that character...but he just looks so dang cool...

other runner-ups were Airtight, Renegades trooper, Zombie-Viper...man, so much goodness!

Last edited:

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Kwinn for me. Nothing else really made go damn that's awesome. So much custom potential! and looks very nice. (hope I can find some...)

Honorable mentions: Lifeline and Law and Order

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I don't really follow this stuff closely, what other cool things were there?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
All of the above. There were very few that didn't amaze me, and that's tough. Hasbro perhaps had the best showing ever (at least as far as I've been back into Joes), and they almost always have some turds. All the vintage guys were a knock out of the ballpark, except Law & Order, and his only fault was as a vintage figure (which Hasbro said they'd make the "iconic classic version first, and they uh, didn't?)... As a modern figure, he is a great army builder though, and I like the update. I just wish they'd do a variant in classic colors instead of the stupid Crocmaster repaint.

Even the updated info on Crocmaster and Blowtorch was a vast improvement (not that I wanted another one, but at least they did something cool with them).

Even the zombie thing, which I don't want in Joe, looked great.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yeah, i agree with ya on the L&O thing MR (surprize surprize)...woulda been nice for a classic version since they already gave us a turd version in RoC...or, like you said, variants...

he is pretty awesome though, cept the giant "i am an officer of the law" badge...and i know the traditional cop color is dark blue, but did it have to be the exact same blue as the ST?...if it wasnt for the big badge, i think i'd use L&O for Cobra...

All the vintage guys were a knock out of the ballpark, except Law & Order, and his only fault was as a vintage figure (which Hasbro said they'd make the "iconic classic version first", and they uh, didn't?)...

i hate when they just patranize us and make sh!t up like that...because i also remember them saying that in one of the Q&As

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Toss up between Zombie Viper and Law & Order, though nothing is at the level that Shock Trooper was last year.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The Renegade Cobra Trooper is tops on my list. Mainly for fodder.

I really do dig all that was shown though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, it's obviously got a holster for that syringe gun, that seems to indicate a new sculpt, if one with limited reuse potential/

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like it might be a big ring. Count on it to screw with gun poses.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i don't know how they can make such small ones like on IG Destro, yet tack on 1:6th scaled holsters on every one else :rolleyes:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
H has always been hit or miss on scale.

I don't think anyone is ever gonna top the Bbi police holsters, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, and the pistols are tiny little things, not like the over-sized Hasbro ones.

Grandslam

The Unwashed
Apr 5, 2011
Merrill WI
I like the new Lifeline sculpt being an EMT I see the gear is right oin the money but LL was a pacifist and that is one big pacifier he's holding (aka the rifle/grenade launcher) but the details were great I am also looking forward to the new airtight which is way overdue

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
i liked most of what they had not a big fan of the renegades firefly but every thing eles looked pretty cool, hell as lame as they may be i even like the zombie vipers lol really looking forward to airtight though

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was pretty iffy on the figure, but then i actually saw the cartoon's depiction of FF.

Wooo, boy, did they screw that thing up.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
This excites me...
The new Claymore figure is basically Tom Selleck with less curly hair... easily fixed by a good customizer.

The new Kwinn just needs a new head... he's basically wearing the same outfit Higgins used to wear all the time. He doesn't even need paint... Broken Arrow Toys makes several heads that will work really well.

Bascially, we just got the key pieces to makeing excellent Magnum P.I. customs.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
hadnt noticed that OB...though, even if you don't make a Higgins, Kwinn still needs a new head...the one on him is so awful

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I have to agree about the Cobra Trooper being my number 1.

I am also keen on Airtight, Lifeline, Steel Brigade, Sci-Fi and Techno-Viper.

If Hasbro does a few 25th style figures each year, it shouldn't be too hard to complete a collection featuring the 80s characters we all like.

Hopefully an OD green Footloose is on the horizon, as well as Thrasher and Darklon.