Movie Discussions

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Michigan! OK.. So I was close with the Canadian thing. Is that what Michigan looks like when it's not covered in snow? I thought I caught an 8 mile reference (what does that even mean?).

The group felt good.. It just felt like they could have/should have done more with the idea. But it was good.. Not great.. But good. Liked the premise. Get a houseboat! Or drive and then get on a plane last minute. How can it walk across the ocean? I mean.. Possible.. I guess.. But would take a while. Would like to see them figuring out walking time/distance..

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
8 mile/Eight Mile/Baseline is a road. We also have a 5, 6, 7, all the way up to 15 as far as I know. If it goes higher than that, I'm unaware. 15 is as far as I've been.

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but IIRC, the follower can be anyone? It might not have to travel the entire distance that you have?

They could've done more with it. Maybe use it to explain rape? Use it as a method to kill someone you dislike? Single handedly take down prostitution? Hop on a hotair balloon? Join NASA?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The science behind it seemed to imply the Follower had to walk. But it never stopped. So if you drove ahead, you would get a respite but the never ending walking would eventually catch up.. Kinda Jason-esque.

They also managed to hit the Follower even if they couldn't see it.. So you'd imagine cars/etc would impact it in the real world. So the follower would need to follow basic rules to stay 'alive'.

But if that's so.. Fly across the ocean or whatever. It's like a slow speed death that you can avoid. I'd try to trap it or something. Maybe fuck a bunch of people so you could have an overwatch crew? Or just lock yourself up in solitary confinement?

Was weird.. I think the follower followed real physics rules.. But was kinda hard to tell.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I watched "Game over, man" last night AFTER It Follows as a palate cleanser.. It was a Netflix exclusive I guess. It was.. Okay. Had the comedians from that TV show I never watched.

Was a send up of Die Hard I guess, but it had a few unique jokes. Maybe like 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Watched Tremors 2: Aftershocks this morning.. Somehow I'd never seen it. I guess it went straight to video in 1996 and I missed it completely. Love the original and kinda like the cheesy sequels as well. This one was actually kinda high quality all things considered and was pretty entertaining. It's mid 90s cheese for sure.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I want to see Justice League, but after watching Wonder Woman, all I can think is, "This isn't as good as Avengers/Ironman/Spider-Man/Ant-man", etc. It's like, they were all over the place, then they made the Bale Batman movies and seemed to have their shit together, then they did BvS and jumped the track....again.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I still need to see BvS.. I wonder if it's streaming anywhere. Is the directors cut worth watching? Then I can see Justice League on HBO.

Watched Incredibles 2 and Ant man & the wasp today.

Incredibles 2 was a lot of fun. My 5 year old really enjoyed it. I wasn't clamoring for a sequel but I felt like it was a very well done movie. Nice that Pixar left out most of the tearjerking scenes they usually throw into their movies.

Ant man and the wasp was.. Good. I enjoyed it. About on par with the first one I'd guess. Probably won't watch it more than a couple times, but it was entertaining. The post credits scene.. Whew.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, WW and JL did dial it up a smidge. And they dialed it up even more on the promotional material and DVD covers. They do that for the CW DC shows too. But the promo posters and such never reflect the actual shows,

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So for some reason our another I never saw Jack Reacher. I think maybe because it's a dumb title. Who the hell is Jack Reacher and why should I care? It came out in like 2012. There was a sequel a couple years back that I heard some good things about but again.. Who?

So.. Movie binge plan.. I thought I'd rectify the Reacher.

OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO GOOD.

I'll watch the 2nd one tomorrow, but wow! That was so good! Fuck! Tom Cruise really can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a bad ass movie. Two gigantic thumbs up.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Wow she did get thick.

And yeah.. Reacher 2 was.. Not as good. It was still entertaining.. But.. Ehh. The whole kid subplot should have been removed. I liked him being a lone badass. He didn't need to be teamed up. Him facing an "equal" bad guy was also kind of cliche.

But still not bad, but the first was awesome.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Saw Ant-Man and The Wasp yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed it...about as much as the first one. Though I did really enjoy Scott discovering WTH was going on in the original. Origins are just so much fun.

I really liked Scott's/the film's self awareness. "Do you guys just throw quantum in front of anything?" and "Oh c'mon! How did he even have time to buy a ticket?". Basically picking apart audience critiques before we even get the chance. I also loved the box of Hot Wheels cars.

What I hate and is super irritating is the mass problem the movie(s) have. Ant-Man and Wasp maintain their mass when shrunk, but things don't? Those shunken cars - much like the tank in the first film - should've retained their mass if the heroes do. The shrunken building should've been impossible to move and even should've smashed through the ground underneath of it. And ALL of its contents should've been thrown around in total disaster as much as the building was moved.

So between the end of this film and that first end credits scene is when Avengers 3 took place? Or more accurately the days right before the first end credits scene. If so, why wasn't Ant-Man and Wasp recruited to help in Avengers 3?

I wonder who is going to come along and pick up the mic and respond to Scott.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Holy shnikies does Black Manta look awesome! The rest, however, looks like over-the-top CGI insanity. Buuuuut, DC did drop the depressing tone and drab palette, so there's that.

Shazam! doesn't look ground breaking, but probably fun.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So is King Kong not in the Godzilla movie? I thought that was what it was building up to? Holy hell that story premise sounds really dumb. I will probably still see it, as it looks like a good popcorn movie but.. c'mon man.

I slacked off the last few days of the vacation.. couldn't find a ton to watch, and went to bed early a few days..

pcsguy88 Get Out was really pretty good.. It was very creepy. I almost think it shouldn't have had the opening scene, as it would have been even weirder. I knew the basics of the movie going into it.. but it still surprised me some. Very creepy and surprisingly "not racist" for being so racist.

Watched Super Troopers 2 over the weekend.. it was.. funny. Not really amazing, or redefining the genre but if you liked the first, you'll laugh at the 2nd. I appreciated the call backs and cameos, especially the meow guy.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Ehhhhh... it looks like it'll be dumb fun. US commandos "saving" the President of Russia? It just feels so far removed from our real world it's hard to believe. Like Putin would ever be undercut by a 'rogue minister'. Pshaw.

Hunt for Red October felt real because it felt like it could actually happen. This.. ehh I dunno. I guess maybe its better than wild Islamic Terrorists captured a russian sub and are using it to threaten the world or something.

Probably skip the theater and catch it on cable.. though might make for a good $6 discount theater day with some drinks.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just watched A Quiet Place. Not bad. Not bad at all. Eager for the sequel. I hated the little girl. I kept wishing that she would get got.

One SUPER annoying plot point...
The nail in the step. First, why in the heck was it there to begin with?? Bent over in the center of the step?? What??! It was a FRESH clean nail! Why was that not taken care of LONG ago? Hammer not necessary. Just bend back and forth until it breaks off. SO STUPID! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! But lets assume that it wasn't totally dumb for it to be there. They are trying desperately to be quiet as mice. No f'ing way that she would keep tugging at an unknown source risking potential noise. Would it cause a tear sound? Maybe a snap sound? Something to fall? She didn't know the cause and as such wouldn't have reacted the way she did: carelessly.
There were endless ways that they could've caused the needed drama aside from something so nonsensical. :hulk:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Could you imaging seeing it in an... 'ethnic' theater where people are talking to the screen the whole time? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And I promise you, it would happen happened. The thing is, during a normal movie, there is so much dialogue that no one talks because you don't want to miss anything. Me and the wife found ourselves talking a lot (tempted to write "alot") because there was no character conversation to miss. Normally you have a niggle with a film but keep it to yourself. With all the silence, it really doesn't matter it you speak up.