Movie Discussions

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Stereotypes exist for a reason...at least in my experience.

I probably mentioned this before, but there was a group talking like they were at home. I politely asked them to stop talking. Soon later they started talking again. I was not polite. I told them if they didn't want to watch the movie then leave because the rest of us paid to hear the movie, not them. I got a lot of crowd support and they never talked again. Of course my doormat wife didn't want me to say anything. 😏

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I saw Ant man and the Wasp for the 2nd time a couple nights ago.. I think I liked it more the 2nd time even.. so fun and just enjoyable.

BUT there was a dude sitting a row or two behind us who was SNORING the entire movie. He probably started like 10 minutes into it and then off and on the rest of the movie. When action etc was on screen you couldn't hear it, but during the quiet parts it was super noticeable. We made little comments but it didn't stop. After the movie I turned around and realized he was with someone.. like wtf.. I figured he was alone or something but if you're with someone and they're doing that smack the shit out of them! It was a 9PM movie so it wasn't like super late.. was annoying.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I have a friend who is notorious for falling asleep.. he fell asleep for the last 10 minutes of LOGAN and walked out and thought it was a great action movie and didn't understand why everyone was sad and thought the movie was powerful.. lol

We don't see movies starting past 7PM with him anymore.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Watched Ready Player One over the weekend.. you know, it wasn't bad. It wasn't great, mind you, but I appreciated all the references (that I saw, I'm sure I missed a ton) and thought it was a perfectly serviceable story.

Re-watching the Mission Impossible movies before I see the new one. Watched the first one on Saturday.. man.. it's so.. 1996. 1996! Movies on tape! Usenet WAS the Internet.. fake email addresses.. Tom Cruise looks like a baby! All that being said, it was still fun and enjoyable. Crazy to think the series started over 20 years ago now.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I've got the first one in my Neflix queue, but it keeps getting bumped by other movies. I've heard it's good, but wife/kids friendly movies keep coming out and getting pushed to the top.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I'm rewatching them all as I get time.

The first one is good, but very much a product of its time (1996) with "the internet" being a thing and its all kinda hokey today, but the core film is still enjoyable. The 2nd one is not bad either, but again it's time (2000) means its kind of dated. Haven't gotten to the 3rd yet. The 4th and 5th are very modern blockbusters.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Movie channels had on Crimson Tide and then Hunt for Red October this morning.. Watched both.. Man I love submarine movies.

The Russians were such good bad guys.. We need another big bad like that again.. Muslim extremists have gotten stale.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Finally got around to watching SPLIT last night..

Wow that was really creepy/cool. I liked it. James McAvoy really sold it with his acting.. he did such a great job with all the personalities.

I was spoiled by the ending before I saw it, and by a trailer I saw recently, but holy hell it was still really cool actually seeing it fit together. If you haven't had it spoiled for you, don't, just watch the movie, it's really really cool, got my giddy.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I'm not even going to watch the trailer for the new film. Why bother? I know I'm going to see it so why spoil even one second.
Yeah, if I'd seen it before I might have been more keen on avoiding it., but who am I kidding, I eat up all the trailers and spoilers and still come out the other end entertained so I'm the lowest common denominator.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Saw Ready Player One last night...it was fine. I don't get what really changed when the kid and his friends took over The Oasis. Seemed like the world in general was still pretty crappy and the only thing they changed was closing the oasis on tuesdays and thrusdays. But people were still living in crushing poverty. My wife tells me "that's not the point!" It wasn't their goal to make the world a better place...why can't they just be winners and we leave it at that?"

I had no argument against that.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Got the 4K version of infinity war and watched it yesterday.. pretty much holds up well.

Still think Thor3 is my favorite due to how much sheer fun it is.. but IW might be #2 tied with Civil War/Winter Soldier. IW was just so MUCH.. fitting in so many different pieces.. totally caught on that it was Red Skull this time, I missed that the first time.

I think Caps introduction in IW is amazeballs. I remember being so stoked in the theater. Perfect use of music and choreography.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
All of the HISHE and cinemasins type videos kinda ruined IW for me a bit. I know had they utilized some of the obvious sensical take downs of Thanos, there wouldn't be a movie let alone two, but still... yeah, the plot holes hurt it in my eyes. Sure, Dr. Strange explains away the obvious take downs with there being "only way to win" and that's the way that's playing out, but knowing that it's just a convenient excuse for furthering the films again hurts it's standing with me.

They would've been better off not even putting Thanos in the positions that present such obvious wins for the good guys. Thor could've hit Thanos in the head or sliced off his arm/hand, but instead the chest?? They would've been better off having the impossibly powerful Thanos reverse the ax in mid air or obliterate it or turn it into confetti or have it bounce off him like a tennis ball or any of the other millions of possibilities that don't make Thor look like a tool.

That's the problem with a character that's impossibly powerful. You have a character that can change time or reality or really ANYTHING that he wants. It's just too easy to poke holes.

Ugh. Anyway, yeah, I think Thor 3 may very well be my fave too. The 80'sesque score, the vibrant colors, Goldblum, the melt stick, Thor/Hulk banter, all of it! Well, except Hela. Her parts are lame.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Watched the Meg tonight.. Very dumb but very entertaining. Like the cheap SyFy shark movies but with a good budget and semi real actors. I enjoyed it just as much as I thought I would.

Was PG13 but didn't feel like anything was too censored. You could really tell it was made mostly for a Chinese market, but it didn't make it not enjoyable.