Movie Discussions

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I was actually looking forward to a Batfleck film. The Snyder interpretation of Batman was awesome. He was the best in the DCU as far as I was concerned. The problem arose when he tried to make Superman into Batman.

But yeah, as individual films, I'd have to agree that WW was the best of them all, though not necessarily the best character. She was still great, though. And her costume was my fave of the bunch. Nice and vibrant!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Meh, much like Tom Cruise and his whackadoodle outburst, I can't get past Liam Neeson's (or Matt Damon's for that matter) jackass real life persona to watch any of his movies any more.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Watched both Mission Impossible: The Latest Installment andTeen Titans Go To The Movies. Both were good. The latter was NOT expected. It had a lot of very subtle humor in it. I've never really given the TV toon a chance, so I didn't know what I was getting into.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Solo was... okay. It was fun at times and dragged at others. It was better than TLJ and better than TFA, but not as good as RO. I could never get past the non-compatibility of the actor. He was never quite Han to me. Also, the Lando romance (?), the droid revolutionary, rebellion origin and Darth Maul cameo were just dumb. And the villain was meh. Otherwise, the action was good, even if a little predictable. Overall, kinda middle of the road.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I feel like the Mission Impossible movies are just ramping up with greatness.. really impressed with the, especially since they started like 20+ years ago!

I did want to see the Teen Titans movie.. the kids watch the tv show and its got some timely humor now and again.

[SOLO WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER! BLASPHEMY!]

I will say, probably some of the sheer joy I got out of it was seeing it in theaters, 5 months after TLJ. It was a perfect palate cleanser. It hit on all the Original Trilogy feels, with none of the Sequel Trilogy problems. The SJW droid wasn't a problem for me, because even in-universe they were not taking her seriously, and kind of laughing at her nonsense. Maul was awesome for me personally, since he pops up in the cartoons, and seeing him here was a perfect easter egg. The actor thing still doesn't bug me, and I'm not sure why, after he goes to sign up for the Imperial Academy I just kind of forgot about Harrison and just enjoyed the story.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Saw Downsizing, was really hoping for some kind of dystopian twist, but it was fairly boring.

Also the kid discovered Lego Batman, I was mixed whether I'd like it, but these days you can't really take a young kid to a superhero movie :( so I appricated that this version was actually for Kids.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I was hyped for Downsizing.. it had a great trailer.. but yeah I heard bad things about it so I skipped it.

Was Lego batman good? I feel like someone here talked down on it. It's on HBO GO now so maybe I'll watch it with the kid.

Caught up on some films over the extended weekend...

Pacific Rim: Uprising..

It was.. okay? I think okay describes it. I really liked the first one, and this felt almost nothing like the first one, but in the end you had giant robots fighting giant monsters, so it's hard to not end up with a passing grade. They spent WAY too much of the movie not having giant robots fighting giant monsters though, so that was kind of disappointing. Overall though it was okay. Fine for home viewing.

Black Panther..

Finally.. it was.. also okay, maybe even decent. Not quite to good level, but almost there. The CGI was really really bad at times, but on the small screen it didn't bother me too much. The "blackness" didn't bug me much at all, as the vast majority of it was African-based, and not ghetto based (except for the bad guys). I didn't think it was any kind of amazing film or anything, but it was fine for what it was. I don't think I missed much by skipping it before Infinity War, but the characters were fine, and the plot mostly made sense.

Tomb Raider (2018)...

Holy hell was this a bad film. Technically I didn't even finish it, and I am not sure if I will.. just so bad on every level.. I don't even know how this got made. It was just bad on every level. I got this for a $0.99 rental and that was too much.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Making Dios kind of ruined Downsizing for me, as I kept doing the math in my head & these bueatiful landscapes were really just small areas of my backyard.

Pacific Rim was definately a movie that should have gotten a sequel, But without its original leads I see why they went the way they did. Like Independance Day 2 it was nice to see a sequel, but it wasn't really needed.

Also I want these giant Robots to fight Godzilla already.

Lego Batman was a fun movie for kids, not sure if adults will love it, maybe if you liked the Lego movie as the style & humor are about the same.

Now I am just waiting for Solo to hit Netflix any week now.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Saw Downsizing, was really hoping for some kind of dystopian twist, but it was fairly boring.

Also the kid discovered Lego Batman, I was mixed whether I'd like it, but these days you can't really take a young kid to a superhero movie :( so I appricated that this version was actually for Kids.
Watched Downsizing this weekend also and was sad when it turned all hippy political shit. Total bait and switch with the previews with stuff that didn’t make the cut. So much potential. It would be best served as a 6 hour series featuring stuff like fighting the insects, having bigs buy littles for their kids to play with, etc.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
If I'm not mistaken, the Avengers theme gets played for the first time in the movie when Cap's team arrives and then again with Thor. Waiting for a big encore of it when Tony returns to the team and he, Cap and Thor finally get to fight together again. Not looking forward to who gets permanently ended though. I'm afraid I won't be a happy panda when that happens. At least they should go out big...