Movie Discussions

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Dude is just alpha male personified. I would have preferred more serious work and less of the cheesy 80's/90's buddy action comedy. But overall, he had his niche and did it well. And his more recent work has been good and a lot of fun.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
His Santa even has some of the Snake Plisskin attitude, Jack Burtons charm, and MacReady's beard.

Escape from LA was on the other day, and I watched the last third maybe.. holy moly is that movie terrible. I remember seeing it in theaters and thinking it was bad, and somehow it aged badly and made it even worse.. I wouldn't put that on Kurt though, his character wasn't bad.. but.. yikes.

I liked his parts in the Fast & Furious movies, he was fine in Guardians of the Galaxy too.. I do really mostly like his catalog. He's right up there with Tom Cruise in actors I trust.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Saw Mary Poppins Returns last night at the wife's insistence. Pretty good. Very classic. It was a little darker and not as vibrant as we had hoped. Not enough Poppins, though, if you ask me. the only SJW crap we saw was the obligatory forced, out of place diversity. The now standard white girl/black man coupling propaganda. And the white male/black male bankers where the black male is the moral, good hearted guy and the white bankers are of course eeeeevil and heartless. Gotta keep brainwashing the childrenz! 🙄

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Bumblebee was good. As in redemption worthy. Now if only JJ can salvage the Skywalker saga in such a fashion all will be right again.

Wife laughed as she said it was really good. She was extremely surprised.

Daughter absolutely loved it. Called it her best movie of 2018.

Oozes 80’s goodness.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That’s good news. I’ll probably see it when it hits Netflix.

Saw Ant-Man & The Wasp on a flight. Liked it better than the first. Actually really liked it. Looking forward to watching it again tomorrow night with my kids. Pretty sure they’re gonna really enjoy it too.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Haven't seen the film, but don't doubt for a second what the reviewer observed. Have you guys seen it and noticed the same things or can you now look back (after watching the below video) and think "Ya know what? Now that you mention it, that crap was in there. Huh!"

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I've heard a lot of mixed things about it, but haven't seen it yet so I'll avoid the video for now.

I imagine I'll try and watch it at some point. Watched the Bandersnatch Black Mirror interactive thing the last couple of days.. it's movie-length.. or more.. was.. interesting. Basically a Choose-your-own-adventure movie.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Bandersnatch? It's a movie-length Black Mirror episode really, though it is not tied to anything else directly (there are some winks and nods to other episodes) just like most of the episodes are.

It is interesting though as you make choices and the story follows different paths depending on your choices. I heard they filmed like 6 hours or something or footage for what should normally be a 90 minute feature.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Haven't seen the film, but don't doubt for a second what the reviewer observed. Have you guys seen it and noticed the same things or can you now look back (after watching the below video) and think "Ya know what? Now that you mention it, that crap was in there. Huh!"

I made it 5min into that video before I had to turn it off. Nowhere in the movie are white people bad or non-white people are good. Hell, they even played along with the black guy always dies first formula except they fake you out and kill him off second.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Sounds cool, one of the big draws of DVDs (later BlueRays) was that it was fairly easy to program a build your own adventure. Surprised no one ever did it on a large scale.
Yeah, this was really well done, with dramatic pauses where you make a choice.. but you only have like 10 seconds, so it doesn't "PAUSE" the movie, as the person on screen looks like they're trying to make a choice. This one had some cool meta commentary as well, which worked especially well considering what Black Mirror is.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Finally got bored enough to watch Jurassic World 2 tonight... mmmeehhhhh.

There were parts that were cool, but so much stupid. So, so much stupid. The whole subplot with the old dude and the little girl was just not needed. The bad guys are just comically bad.

Why the fuck didn't she just vent the main door without releasing them all?

Also watched Small Foot with the kids.. nothing amazing but was a fine kids movie.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fingers crossed! 2020

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/horror/new-ghostbusters-movie-set-in-the-original-universe-in-the-works-from-director-jason-reitman-a165838

“I’ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans,” Reitman explains. “This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”