Movie Discussions

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Nah, I just thought in general you were much more into the compact and firm over yuge and “sloppy.” While such bounce certainly infers they are real, I remember even at the theater wondering if that scene hurt to shoot. I mean there is such a thing as a sports bra...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Older? Yes. But this might just be my favorite video on the entire internets. I iwsh I could've been that excited. 😄

I really wish that RO had been the end of SWs, or at the very least the end of the story and characters from the OT. It would've been the perfect ending...right were it all started. Full circle.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That's wife for life material right there. I love that reaction. I think I mostly felt like that, at least internally, when I saw it the first time.

I wish they could make a movie that was as good as those last couple minutes the whole way through. RO in general was very good though, but just not quite "fun" enough to watch all the time.

Watched American Pie 2, Saving Silverman, and Super Troopers last night with a buddy after drinking.. hot damn, there is something amazing about the comedies that came out between 1999-2003ish. I feel like once the full 9/11 effect came around.. things just changed.

Also it's crazy watching American Pie and you have all these kids being goofy etc.. and not a cell phone in sight. Truly was a different age.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice to see them all stitched together.

Went to see Glass.
It was...okay. I don't know what I was expecting because I didn't watch a single trailer, teaser or commercial and I didn't read any reviews, but it was not as entertaining or fun as would've liked. Just kind of, a conclusion. I don't know. I think 18 years in the making coupled with 18 years of actual superhero movies set the bar kind of high.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think I enjoyed it even more specifically because of all the Marvel and DC movies.. I've been satiated on those kinds of movies.. and Glass is purposefully not like those. It leaves it open at the end where they could go any number of directions with it (if they ever do), but I liked the grounded aspects of it.. kinda like how the MCU started, before going full space fantasy.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Whoa! Spoiler tags! Or have we all seen it already?

I agree about the grounded aspect of it, but because of the mountains of fun behind actual superhero movies, it made this build up feel rather anticlimactic. The point of the movie ended up being that people are exposed to real life superheroes, and that was fine, but I think it would've been better had the good guy ended up surviving. It almost felt like a Snyder superhero film. No one wants to see the hero fail.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I don't think there are any spoilers above? I guess saying it's open ended is a spoiler that the world doesn't end in the movie I guess LOL.

I suppose, it would have been nice to have Bruce get up in a Superman moment.. but that would have kind of made it feel cheesy. His kryptonite is water, he was drowned, he died. Superheroes can die. So can villains. I don't have any inclination that they can be revived.. that opens it up to him ACTUALLY COMING BACK in a sequel because.. WHAT A TWIST. I have no idea, but it would be a legitimate twist since that doesn't seem like something that would happen in this universe. I dunno, I liked it for being different. I liked it being 18 years later.. and using the same kid all grown up as his son.. Would I have enjoyed him saving the day? Sure, but I also enjoyed this subversion on the normal.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Think I'm going to see Aquaman tomorrow with a friend.. will report back on if its as good as people say.

Watched "THE MEG" in 4K over the weekend.. I still like it. It's dumb, of course, but it's dumb fun and giant sharks eating things/people.. hard to not enjoy that.

Watched "A Star Is Born" with the wife, it was actually pretty good. Having dabbled in the rock star industry a tad as a youngin, it all seemed very believable.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm sure a lot of it is budget, but I also think Marvel's brass/directors (usually) better understand when it will works best vs. practical effects... and when it doesn't.

An exception would be the Black Panthers falling/fighting in the cave. That would have been so much better if they had done it with wires, Matrix style.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Watched Geostorm for free this weekend and there is nothing enjoyable about it. Nothing original at all. Meg and Rampage it is not.

While waiting to leave for the airport last Thursday, the wife and I needed someplace to park our asses for a few hours and so decided to walk over to the AMC Theatre in Disney Springs. The only movie that fit our time needs was that new Spiderman cartoon. I have to say, the first 45min-1hr was awesome. At first it messes with your eyes until you catch on to the style they went for and once you pick up on the humor it is hilarious. Unfortunately it jumps the shark when all the different multiverse characters appear, simply falling apart story wise. I was really surprised and glad I was forced to see it.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
My son saw Lego 2 this past weekend and seemed to enjoy it pretty well. I just can't seem to get excited about Lego movies. The only one I really enjoyed was the Batman one, mainly because of all the stuff it made fun of I think. I'm sure I'll be catching no. 2 when it comes to the discount theater in a couple months, as the rest of the kids want to see it eventually.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Watched the new Halloween this weekend. I liked the new story they concocted even if there seemed to be some pretty big gaping plot holes and situations that were just waaaaaaaay too convenient. The new updated theme is fantastic.

Considering how it ended, I suspect that they will be pulling a Glenn from TWD explanation to bring Michael back for a totally expected follow up.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Halloween was really pretty good.. a 'classic' slasher movie but in modern times! I liked how they didn't try to change up the formula too much. Of course there was stupid "horror movie" idiotic actions.. but I guess that comes with the territory.

I want to see Lego 2.. may go with the kids at some point. I enjoyed the first one, and the Ninjago (of all things) movie was actually really funny. I haven't seen the Batman one yet.

And pcsguy88, yes GeoStorm was a completely worthless movie. It's been on cable a lot and I thought it'd be a fun shitty movie.. and.. nope. Nothing. Nada. How do you make a movie about giant natural disasters boring and uninspired? Amazing.

Speaking of African Panther.. did you see it won a BAFTA (English?) award for.. BEST VISUAL EFFECTS?!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02/10/black-panther-best-visual-effects-baftas/

WHAT!!! I mean.. I thought it was an OK movie, but the worst part of it was the shitty effects.. and somehow BP won over Infinity War! What?!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

The convoy shootout in 2 was really well done, made me feel like Ghost Recon. It was slower though, and I felt like I missed the Emily Blunt character/arc.. as there really wasn't any character drama/growth/etc. I am not sure it topped the NVG shootout at the end of 1 either.

But both are good and I am looking forward to the 3rd.

Watched American Made with Tom Cruise again over the weekend, man I love that movie (and I love Tom Cruise). I can't even imagine what I'd do if I had to stuff cash everywhere..

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, Foxx is the main character there. He does a great job with it too.

Unfortunately, he was a vocal Obama worshiper and exulted the fact that he got to "...kill all the white people in the movie. How great is that?" in his Tarantino movie a while back. That was enough for me.