Movie Discussions

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
We have a couple places like that out here, they actually have pretty decent food.. you can get a burger and fries.. or more fancy fare. They also bring you beer or cocktails. They have a call button on the armrest and a little staffer in black scurries over to bring you your food.

That being said, we usually end up going to the cheaper theater and smuggling in our food and drinks. Cheaper lol

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
We have what amounts to 3 tiers: If there's a movie out decent enough for the whole family, we're most likely waiting and going all together to the discount theater (a month or so after it premiers). We'll usually eat and/or smuggle there. If it's just the wife and I, or just a couple of us, and we're up around RVA, we'll go to the regular theater and sometimes smuggle (if we've taken the time to prepare). If that's not practical, we just try to eat/drink as reasonably as possible (if that is possible). If we plan well enough, we'll eat first and not pay the insane theater food prices at all. If it's the wife and I on a weekend together down in W'burg where the Movie Tavern is, you can bet that's where we're going, if there's anything out worth watching.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. I do one of the following..

MOST times.. On Tuesday my local theater has $6 movie days. So my friend and I will meet up after work, mix up two 20oz rum & cokes, walk down to a local taco place that does Taco Tuesdays, eat, and then walk to the theater and watch whatever dude movie is out at the time. Stumble back, chit chat in the front yard for 45 minutes and then he goes home and I go inside.

Occasionally, if there is a good family movie out, one of us will take the older kids while the other parent stays home with the baby. This is usually a matinee with overpriced movie theater snacks.

Rarely, the wife and I can actually agree on a movie, we'll get a sitter and either get dinner before, or splurge and go to the nice theater and get it brought to us like royalty.

I suppose the 4th would be big movie premiers/"midnight" launches/etc. This is only for the super big movies.. I think the last I went for was SOLO and before that TLJ. These vary where we can get everyone together, but usually we opt for the fancier places since there are no kids.

Lately though if I don't see it for $6, I wait till 4K UHD Blu-ray.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I miss the discount theater, Actually saw Phanton Menance there a couple of times. Didn't mind the movie as much due to the price. $3 at the time

Lowes Theaters started with the good food & made it worth the trip. But you ordered like normal no in theater ordering.

AMC has eat in dinning, but it something you only do one or 2 times. Because you basically has a waiter interupting your movie every few minutes, plus if you are on a date - You just cut out the talking half of the date. Akward!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah.. I do one of the following..

MOST times.. On Tuesday my local theater has $6 movie days. So my friend and I will meet up after work, mix up two 20oz rum & cokes, walk down to a local taco place that does Taco Tuesdays, eat, and then walk to the theater and watch whatever dude movie is out at the time. Stumble back, chit chat in the front yard for 45 minutes and then he goes home and I go inside.

Occasionally, if there is a good family movie out, one of us will take the older kids while the other parent stays home with the baby. This is usually a matinee with overpriced movie theater snacks.

Rarely, the wife and I can actually agree on a movie, we'll get a sitter and either get dinner before, or splurge and go to the nice theater and get it brought to us like royalty.

I suppose the 4th would be big movie premiers/"midnight" launches/etc. This is only for the super big movies.. I think the last I went for was SOLO and before that TLJ. These vary where we can get everyone together, but usually we opt for the fancier places since there are no kids.

Lately though if I don't see it for $6, I wait till 4K UHD Blu-ray.
Taco Tuesdays! Yes! Now I have a serious hankering to have tacos with R&DrP. Man, that sounds good... Hmm, Friday is coming. :p

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'll be honest, I've never tried theater food. It strikes me as carnival food or McDonald's and there is just no way I'm paying the overpriced prices for what should be cheap eats to begin with. I'd rather build up an appetite during the movie and grab "high quality" food afterwards somewhere and chat with whoever I went to see the movie with.

I also avoid drinking prior to and during the movie. I don't want to miss any of the film and I also don't want to be squirming until it's over. I also don't want to inconvenience any of the other people watching the movie. I don't like it when they do it, so I try to "treat others as you would want to be treated".

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I try to go right before the movie so I can hold out until the end most times. I'm usually squirming by that point though. There have been a number of movies that I was just thinking, "Just let it ennnnnnnd..." (TLJ comes to mind). And, occasionally I have not taken care to go just prior. I remember having to step out during a lull in Fury Road. My buddy was like, "Dude." I felt old that day... :( (and a lesson was learned). For End Game you can be sure I'll find out if there's an intermission before I go, and plan accordingly. :p

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
There was a lull in Fury Road?

I just pee before the movie and very rarely get the urge during. Prostate must still be in tip top shape.
Yes, when they get stuck in the muck after the first skirmish and before the main force catches up. Trust me, I made it a fast potty break. I knew the lull wouldn't last long.

My prostate is used and abused, along with my kidneys, bladder and liver... :p

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Alcohol, single handedly making The Predator (2018) enjoyable.
I can't tell you how many movies on planes I've seen that a few beverages made significantly more tolerable. Although, I think at times it has actually made me less tolerant to complete CFs, like say Bv.S and Suicide Squad.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I don't think dudes would need the funnel under normal circumstances. Sometimes I wish they made something like that for in the car, but something you could wear with a tube down to a receptacle under the seat or something. When I'm driving the family for 12 hours overnight and slugging caffeine to stay awake, it sucks to have to stop for a potty break when you've still got gas in the tank. Maybe I need to hit up a trucker supply site before the next family trip to Mickeyworld. :p

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Back in my wild band days we came up with "The Extendo" which was a gallon milk jug with the bottom cut off, attached to a 4 foot length of hose. You'd crack open the side door in the van, slide the extendo out and pee freely like God intended.

A bit more involved for a driver I imagine, but the same principal should work.. I know those bottles with the extra wide opening have come in handy on long drives!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I suppose, if you put the tube up high enough, but generally you're letting gravity do the work, so you want the end of the tube as close to the ground as possible. Due to your position in the car (in front of the rear wheels) almost all splashing is going to happen on your own undercarriage (giggity). I suppose as a lark you could wave it all willy nilly.. but that'd be inconsiderate.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Sometimes I wish they made something like that for in the car, but something you could wear with a tube down to a receptacle under the seat or something. When I'm driving bla bla bla family trip to Mickeyworld. :p
That is the car version, Although I was looking for something that strapped to your Leg & was more discret.

The truck stops are full of refilled soda bottles that get left behind.

Wait, so the cars behind received yellow "rain".
Think about that next time you see an unusual mark on the road.

Remind me never to go on a road trip with NSA.
Fighting 1:18th CON!!!!!!!