Movie Discussions

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I love me some Battle: LA and watch at least part of it every time I see it in the guide. I’ll take it over ID4 any day as my “aliens attack” flick. And yes, the epic soundtrack is in my regular playlist on my phone. I love the portrayal of the marines, their equipment and interactions in battle. Only wish the Osprey had been fully integrated at filming. Those old Sea Knights remind me how undersupplied the USMC has historically been. Nice to see them with some of the best new hotness lately.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Yeah, Battle LA is/was awesome. So much just badass. A few little dumb things here and there (the we support the troops in the shops in supposed LA is laughable). Really noticed how not LA it was this time as someone who grew up/lives here. Otherwise it was all very solid. Wish it did better so we'd get a sequel. They should have let off the shakeycam a bit.. I get they wanted the Fallujah look but it's annoying for the first 30 mins.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, Battle LA is/was awesome. So much just badass. A few little dumb things here and there (the we support the troops in the shops in supposed LA is laughable). Really noticed how not LA it was this time as someone who grew up/lives here. Otherwise it was all very solid. Wish it did better so we'd get a sequel. They should have let off the shakeycam a bit.. I get they wanted the Fallujah look but it's annoying for the first 30 mins.
You know, a sequel crossed my mind as well, but then I decided maybe it is better off left alone. It's cool in concept, but I could see H'wood somehow screwing it up, and then diminishing the original. Anything moving forward would need to be relative to the new world developed in the movie. Thereby, it would be created by the writers/director - always a tricky thing if not handled perfectly well. They would need significant military advice, but also strong representation by futurists on how the military/country would develop weapons going forward. I'd have to think, with the losses from B:LA, there'd also be a less trained/equipped (drafted) militia that would have to close the gap. That could be interesting, but only if done well. Combining in new/captured technology would also have to be handled properly. That's a lot of balls in the air.

Shape of Water. Um, weird.
Yes, yes it was... I did a review on it somewhere back there.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
E2 was pretty good. Denzel is just getting the point where he's going to become less believable to be able to recover from all those fights (he's beginning to show his age). At some point soon they will need to look into passing the torch. Sad because I love me some Denzel. Dude is an amazing actor, and has been for a long time.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

My issue with E2 was that the whole government conspiracy nonsense wasn't needed. He is perfectly believable and entertaining dealing with the frat boys and gang bangers.. It seemed over the top to me to go so wild with ex military folk. I dunno.

Also.. BONER (no real new footage here its mostly montages but sets up Endgame perfectly).

Also speaking of Denzel.. I re-watched Deja Vu last night and it was really good! Holds up pretty well. I remember liking it back in the day.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Looked like a big ad to "go watch all these movies again to make sure you are ready for Endgame!" Don't get me wrong, I'm totally psyched for it, but that was more of a promo for everything leading up to it.

And Deja Vu is most definitely a forever favorite for me. Denzel at his finest.