Movie Discussions

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've heard Endgame was actually a fitting conclusion, and the shoehorned-in Captain Resting Bitch Face's screen time is blessedly limited.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I really want to watch it again justrightnow. The more I think about it the more I realized how much I enjoyed it. There is just so much, it is jammed with everything and the kitchen sink.

It is a great 'end' point for all the movies up to this point. They did a bang-up job with the whole MCU up to this point.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I've heard Endgame was actually a fitting conclusion, and the shoehorned-in Captain Resting Bitch Face's screen time is blessedly limited.
I've only heard very good things about the movie all around. I'm really starting to get excited for it. Sounds like a full on 3 hour emotional roller coaster ride.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I don't think so.. it's more of just expressing your emotions in a more overt way than a smile. Opening night is usually the biggest fans who can't wait a minute longer, and you're going to tend to be surrounded by like minded people.. after that.. yeah it can be annoying, but you gotta judge the room.. every audience is different.

Endgame is this decades Return of the King.. so much pent up energy and hype and it all cums at the same time.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
And I will say, after a couple days of reflection, I think seeing Endgame opening night was the best viewing experience I've ever had. Maybe not the best movie I've ever seen, but everything combined and jumbled together made it just perfect. I can't get it out of my mind.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Endgame is making crazy amounts of cash.. Disney is our all-powerful overlord at this point. I read something that they now own 12/13 top movie openings. Jurassic World being the only one they don't own.

I am seeing it again tomorrow night and want to see how I feel about it after a 2nd viewing, as right now it is in my mind as one of the best experiences I've ever had at the theater. I don't feel like it was a perfect movie, but the movie combined with the crazy-excited Thursday night audience was just something else. It elevated it to a serious EVENT compared to just a movie.. I don't know. The whole capstone on 11 years/22 movies is just something I've never seen/felt before.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!! (audio spoilers at least)

I can not get this track out of my head.. the music.. the scene.. ahhhh fuck.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I just think it's hilarious that Endgame shattered all records and they won't be broken for many years and yet as of Sunday night at 9:22pm, nobody is talking about it. GoT completely stole the Monday morning water cooler talk. Probably the best weekend of onscreen entertainment in my life.

And yes, the opening was the time to go because hearing everyone say it was the greatest thing ever for 2 days before I watched it left me scratching my head as I was walking out. Good yes. Great no.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
All I am hearing about GOT is how dark it was and how people thought it was entertaining but not great. No one here at work is talking about GOT, they're all talking about Endgame.

As usual different strokes for different folks, but I agree with Justin (Slither) on Facebook that the GOT episode will not age well.

Endgame was 10x better to me personally.. I'm still thinking about it and cannot wait to see it again tomorrow night.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That's funny. I wonder if it's a regional thing since all my wife's acquaintances are also stuck on GoT and she's left out since she doesn't watch it and wants to talk Endgame. It's basically the same audience for both shows, so it definitely has nothing to do with age groups and her friends are architects, structural engineers and artists to go with my techie nerd work peeps.

And who cares if the episode ages well? It was all about how it made you feel in the moment, honest to god fear it was over for the North in a terrifying fashion. It's a single episode in 8 seasons worth of an hour long show and even if it was a stand alone movie let's take Transformers '86 as an example. It damn near made me ball my eyes out in the theatre and shaped my view on heroes dying in movies for life, yet it's absolute garbage to watch now. Doesn't make my memories of it any less fond.

Watching the flaming swords charge into the darkness from up on the cliff to them slowly extinguishing from ground level off in the distance set the tone and it never relented. The only fault would be it went from 200mph to hitting a brick wall named Arya and yet every one of us knew beforehand that killing the Night King would result in that exact event and we still feel letdown by it.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I watched Mandy. Woo-wee! That was an interesting film. Super artsy and beautiful to look at. Very 80's colorful, like Guardians of the Galaxy. It starts of really slow, kind of like an 80's film (when it takes place) but picks up to insanity. There's a chainsaw scene that is unintentionally hilarious. The story? Sweet, loving couple➡cult kidnapping/torture➡revenge...bloody, bloody revenge.

I'm starting to notice something in films more and more that I'm pretty sure has always been there, I just didn't see it. They are trying to tie Christianity and satanic practices together. Not separate entities battling each other, but Christians as the wackos practicing sick, demented ritualistic torture. The people in H-Wood are projecting hard to turn people/viewers away from Christianity.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
2nd Endgame viewing last night. This time.. no pee breaks! I was also a lot more sober than the first time.

I did miss the opening night crowd though, this crowd was dead silent through the whole thing.. which is fine, but the opening night intensity was through the roof.

It still didn't feel like 3 hours, maybe a little longer than the first time as I knew what was coming, but still seemed to speed through things at a good pace.

LOVED all the little call backs and Easter Eggs, a lot I didn't pick up on the first time.

The last act is perfection, so much fun, great capstone on the MCU thus-far. I will probably see it 1 or 2 more times in theaters I'd guess. It's that good.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Someone spoil this Endgame question for me. In Infinity War Dr. Strange says that there is only one way out of, 14,000,000 IIRC that they win. Does that one way play out in Endgame or was that a wasted scene?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Someone spoil this Endgame question for me. In Infinity War Dr. Strange says that there is only one way out of, 14,000,000 IIRC that they win. Does that one way play out in Endgame or was that a wasted scene?

And yes, it all comes full circle.

Taking the older boy to see it (3rd time!) on Saturday.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, haven’t seen CM yet and don’t feel like we missed a thing. She does seem pretty superfluous really. Felt like “Hey, I’m the new guy... er, girl...” Marvel’s version of Green Lantern?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
FINALLY got around to watching Triple Frontier on Netflix.. you were right pcsguy88 it is basically a Ghost Recon movie.. for the first 1/2 or 2/3rds.

The ending gets kind of.. I dunno. I won't spoil it, but it seemed like the typical movie trope where smart people suddenly do dumb things because plot.

I do hope they make a sequel though, could be fun. All in all not a bad movie at all.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Ugh. I just don't get this. The writers are writing the story. Is it impossible to write/create drama without making intelligent people do unintelligent things? 😒
I think usually in the writers mind.. the characters are making a plausible action/decision/choice, but because the writer is (obviously) inhabiting the character, they can only see from that perspective, and not a rational outside perspective like ours where it's like.. uhhh no, that's completely stupid.

I guess in real life people make stupid decisions all the time, so there is that. It just feels like a weird choice/deicsion here because prior to that, the characters are all very self aware and smart-ish.

Some of the scenery reminded me exactly of Wildlands though, very cool looking. Makes me want to jump back in country and kill some narcos.