Movie Discussions

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I liked Spidey in both Avengers movies he's in and also his cameo in Civil War. I was okay with the first movie. I think I have developed a low tolerance for the teenagers and stuff. Seen it soooo many times by now...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I thought the stand alone movie was okay, not bad but not amazing or anything. He added some younger charm to the bigger movies as everyone else is getting older.

From the trailer I like the info we're getting on a post-Endgame world.. that is my favorite part about the MCU is how each movie is linked and gives you info about the larger world.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
TOMORROW! Is that when you're seeing Endgame?

I'd laugh if they somehow played it before Endgame showings, that'd be a major snafu.

I GUESS Far From Home is the last movie in "Phase 3" and not the start of Phase 4, so we'll have to wait and see what they say Phase 4 will consist of makes sense with this trailer, as they are pretty linked.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
As of now, I'm most excited for Toy Story 4 (though I had thought 3 tied it up nicely) and The Lion King. Not very psyched about SW (ruined), Avatar (meh) or even the MCU (except for maybe the Asgardians of the Galaxy) going forward. I'm hoping the Indiana Jones movie finds a way to rise above the abomination that was the last one as well.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Alternating Avatar and Star Wars every Christmas for a bunch of years will be interesting.

No idea how more Avatars will be, but I'll wait and see. James Cameron rarely disappoints.

Star Wars? Meh. I will wait and see. Not being connected to the existing universe may end up being a good thing. they're sticking with the trilogy approach and not going MCU-like.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Don't watch/listen to the video below unless you have 2 hrs to burn (like while you are doing other stuff at work) and no longer want to like Captain Marvel:

This dude tears it apart, chews it up, spits it out, takes a dump on it and then steps on it.

I'll still see it I'm sure, but yeesh...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Don't watch/listen to the video below unless you have 2 hrs to burn (like while you are doing other stuff at work) and no longer want to like Captain Marvel:

This dude tears it apart, chews it up, spits it out, takes a dump on it and then steps on it.

I'll still see it I'm sure, but yeesh...
That film should be called Cap'n Plot Hole. Yikes. Though I guess you could probably do that with a lot of films.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, same guy tears up Black Panther as well.

So glad End Game was able to incorporate both of those characters without taking away from the main story. I liked BP okay, but find it hugely overrated.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I have no idea why anyone would watch a video that's meant to tear down a movie before actually seeing said movie. Like.. why even?

The whole point of, I don't know, at least half the movie, is trying to figure out her history/backstory because the character itself doesn't even know. IT'S MEANT TO BE AMBIGUOUS. It's part of the viewers journey.

I tried with that video, I really did.. but it's shallow and pedantic. You could be that kind of nitpicking asshole about literally every movie if you really wanted to.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I have no idea why anyone would watch a video that's meant to tear down a movie before actually seeing said movie. Like.. why even?

The whole point of, I don't know, at least half the movie, is trying to figure out her history/backstory because the character itself doesn't even know. IT'S MEANT TO BE AMBIGUOUS. It's part of the viewers journey.

I tried with that video, I really did.. but it's shallow and pedantic. You could be that kind of nitpicking asshole about literally every movie if you really wanted to.
Yeah, I kind of stumbled onto it. I really didn’t expect the full blown teardown. I think the “meh” is a bit misleading. He’s certainly thorough, and a bit profane... :troll:

*COUGH*CinemaSins*COUGH*
I typically enjoy those as well, and also CinemaWins.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
My son has seen part of 2 I think and is likely to be a fan going forward. I have the first two recorded and I think he and I might watch them together as early as tomorrow. I doubt we'll watch 3 at the theater, but I can see us watching it together down the road. Also, they have a John Wick theme on Fortnight right now. He really enjoys busting other players while having the JW skin on his character.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll be going next week sometime. Knowing that he knows how to handle his weapons in real life makes the films so much more enjoyable. They really doubled down on the splattery head shots in 2. Wonder if they went even further in 3.

Good to hear.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1068625-john-wicks-future

Keanu and I have ideas for days,” Stahelski said when talking about how many John Wickstories are left to be told. “It’s a fun world. I could live here for the rest of my career. If people like it and want to watch more, I could think of way worse ways to spend your career. We’ll let the audience figure that out.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
KR must be working with Taran Tactical because all of the videos I've seen of his 3 gun practice have been at their facility. I'm interested in their magazine extensions but it seems they can't be had without advertising for them with their huge stupid logo on their stuff.

My uncle recently got into 3 gun. It looks like a lot of fun. Interesting that Berry didn't practice with a shotgun. Too much for her?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Looks like it's chopped up from different sessions. She also doesn't run an actual AR, just a 9mm sub gun. There's always .410 or 20 gauge if she needs to go lighter kick.

I'd enjoy doing some simulation stuff, but the sports-like 3-gun thing mildly annoys me for some reason. I think it's the jerseys, bright colors and specialty mods of the weapons. It reminds me of the difference between woodsball paintball (actual use of concealment, cover and camo) and speedball (tiny field with the inflatables and stuff). One seems somewhat practical and the other just playing games.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, you're right. It is all 9mm. I thought that at one point she had switched to 556/223, but another viewing proves otherwise.

I get the annoyance of the commercial look of 3 gun. It comes off as the sportsball crap I loath. I'm just referring to the practice aspect of it. Gunning up and playing action hero. Shooting at the range, all stiff, at targets that don't move, with at least 1 second intervals between shots...zzzzzzzz.

I've never played paintball, but it seems like the kind of simulation I'd enjoy. Practicing on moving targets and such. I think it'd be a lot of fun in buildings set up as home environments in low/no lighting. Practice in the scenario you're most likely to find yourself facing off against an attacker.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I also get a vibe from a lot of 3 gunners that they think they are some kind of "experienced" shooter. Yeah, sort of. But how do you suppose they'd do when the targets are shooting back?

I did some indoor (warehouse) SWAT v SWAT style paintball back when I was in college. It was really fun and suits paintball well. I still enjoy woodsball the best, even though paintballs aren't very accurate over distance. That was my biggest annoyance, and also equipment malfunctions. I ended up just going with the simplest setup for dependability, even though you could easily be outgunned by a dude whose rapidfire gun happened to be working well that day. Then it became all about strategy.

Lately I've thought about airsoft as an alternative, but haven't really had a good opportunity to try it out. Not sure it would be much more accurate over any real distance though. Again, cool in a village type environment, not so much out in the woods. I did a laser (think MILES gear) type simulation a little while back. It was cool, but the field was mainly a paintball place, and had few weapons to choose from for the lasers and few people playing, on limited fields. So it wasn't as cool as it could have been.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I was big into airsoft in like.. 2008/2009? Right around when we started this place, and all my dollars started going towards toys lol.

Somewhere or another I still have:

Tokyo Marui P90 (AWESOME but only shoots at like 280fps)
Some off-brand AK-47 that really rips
A bastardized M4 Commando
A bunch of random pistols.
A Tokyo Marui Skorpion

Tons of random gear still.

We had a local place that turned a dirt lot into a full plywood village.. it was a ton of fun to fight there. There was a hill too, so we came up with different scenarios. I even made a suitcase bomb out of different wiring and a kitchen timer and the good guys had to kill the terrorists and 'search' their bodies for the key to disarm the bomb. It was a lot of fun.

Some of the guns are insane with their speed/distance accuracy. Most guns are good for like 30-50 feet or something, some longer, but depending on wind.

The biggest issue is it's an honor game.. there are no marks left by airsoft so people say I DIDNT GET HIT. Sometimes you could not feel it though, so it happens.. everyone just needs to be on the same page.

Remembering all this kind of gives me the hankering again. It was nice since you could get real cool airsoft copies of guns I'd never be allowed to have in CA (or afford really).