Movie Discussions

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I've always wanted to have simulated "break ins" to practice my readiness. I wouldn't know when it will happen aside from I'm sleeping... "Sometime this week". But I don't really know how I'd make that happen. I mean, I know I could get a family member do the fun "breaking in" part, but to truly break in and test my response, things would have to actually get broken.

I guess playing with moving targets who are shooting back like Dan mentioned would be about the most fun. Using ammo that has air resistance sounds annoying, though. They need to figure out 3 gun with moving targets at the very least.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Woods ball is so much fun. I never took to speed ball and always laughed at the guys with $800 Autocockers who had their paintball guns jam every time they took them into the woods. I had about $150 of mods on my Spyder and could drag that thing thru the mud with never a malfunction. The only problem with both sports is it teaches you the bad habit of hiding behind soft cover since pellets and paint cannot penetrate. My heart rate certainly spiked for the first game of the day until I was hit and reminded it wouldn’t kill me. Not exactly a valid lesson either.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I ran Tippman guns, which was great until I went remote air (not too big of an issue) and then upgraded to a fancier automatic one (Etrigger). I don’t think that gun ever worked right. It would shoot for a bit and then start blowing chunks instead of balls out the barrel. Had to go back to my old Model 92 with plain old semiautomatic. Still had fun, but certainly couldn’t overwhelm anybody with firepower (which is the name of the game without true accuracy).

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
John Wick 3 was.. good. It's more John Wick, and very Wick-y. If you liked the first 2 you'll like #3. I'd say it wasn't quite as good as 1, but better than 2 overall. I recommend it.

I'd see it in theaters too, there are a lot of BOOMS and loud stuff that works really well in a theater.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I love when the use the actual sounds and flashes of the guns (blanks) over the canned Hollywood pew pew bang bangs. The bar for accurate gun sounds was the LA shootout in Heat. The sound changed depending on where they were (between buildings, in an open park area, etc.). Sounds so much more legit.

JW has been very good on the gun realism (all the way down to counting the rounds expended from the mags according to Cinema Wins). It really grounds it in a version of reality with semi-legit rules.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On Saturday there was a JW 1 and 2 marathon on all day, so I watched them back to back. There was a great point in JW2 that I never caught on previous viewings when he's using a 1911. Morpheus only gave him 7 rounds. When Wick runs dry he tucks it away and picks up everyone else's pistols. He comes across an enemy using a 1911 that he killed. He steals that guy's mags and pulls out his own tucked away 1911 and reloads. I love that they paid such close attention to details like that.

Watching them back to back like that, I really can't tell which one I like more. They're both so awesome and 2 doesn't really go over the top like sequels typically do. Hopefully 3 doesn't feel the need to "go bigger!" like the FastFurious franchise. 🙄

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Nah it's a straight continuation of the first two.

The 3 movies chronologically take place within the span of like a week, which is crazy since it's been 5 years since the first one came out. Had to wrap my mind around the fact that everything that happened is super fresh in his mind.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I watched the Wins of 1 and 2 first then the Sins. A lot of the sins are explained if you watch the wins. For instance when DeFoe doesn't kill Lady Jaye sneaking in and instead just warns Wick to her presence. Sins calls that a sin, but Wins points out that he would've broken Continental rules if he had.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, so far each movie is doing about double the last one.. so might as well strike while the iron is hot. I read something where the director and Keanu said as long as people want more, they'll keep making them. They really enjoy it, and I don't think they're super expensive to make either.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
John Wick 3 was.. good. It's more John Wick, and very Wick-y. If you liked the first 2 you'll like #3. I'd say it wasn't quite as good as 1, but better than 2 overall. I recommend it.
Went to see it today. I very much liked it, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the first two films. It was bigger/crazier (understandably), but I didn't like that as much. The stakes and obstacles are getting too unbelievably big for this one guy. *SPOILERS...kinda* And I didn't like the bitchy villain as much as I did the mafiosa type villains. I loved the almost western additions. I wish they would've leaned harder into that. And the hand to hand was off the charts cool. I liked Berry's character, but at one point I started to get annoyed that it seemed like she was getting more screen time than Wick. Like Colbie Smulders in Jack Reacher. Fortunately she wasn't in the film for very long, so the extra focus on her felt okay in hindsight. Her helper dogs were pretty awesome as too.

Looking forward to seeing the CinemaWins for this installment.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Awesome!

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1069873-ghostbusters-favoring-practical-effects-over-cgi

Dan Aykroyd dropped another nugget of info regarding the upcoming Ghostbusters sequel that is guaranteed to delight fans the world over. In a recent interview with 660 News (via JoBlo) the actor revealed that the crew of the new film is keen to use practical effects over CGI whenever possible.
“I’m always urging to use puppets,” Aykroyd said. “I’m always urging to go back to the mechanicals. But CGI is so efficient and easy to use but I think that all of us are on board with the idea of maybe doing mechanicals and puppets where we can.”

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I was equally surprised how much time she got in her scenes and how short she was in the movie overall. I thought she'd be a bigger part overall but I was fine with it. The crotch bite + head shot was a little overused maybe but it was fun watching them go ham.

The armored baddies battle was very cool.

The book kill.. yeesh.

I feel 2&3 are basically one long movie at this point since they're so tied together. Will be interesting if Wick gets to heal up before 4 or if it starts right away. He got beat up pretty bad in this one, so I felt it was a little more believable.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Well, I'll probably see it, because I've seen all the others, but likely not until it makes it to TV or Netflix. They've been so all over the place with the franchise, I have no clue what the continuity is or what it is they are trying to do here or why. And, yeah, the years have not been kind to either of the original stars. At this point it would be more merciful to just completely move on to other stars, with a full reboot.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is a direct sequel to T2. T3 and the rest are now non-canonical, at least technically.
I just wish it wasn't so damned over the top. Since T2 it's just a study on how to out-absurd the last one.

"Hey, how to we one-up that zany helicopter chase from Terminator: Genisys? I know, let's crash a couple of cargo planes into each other, then have the heroes ride to safety on a parachuting HMMWV! Brilliant!"

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
THE A-TEAM did it better anyway, they flew a tank.

I'm in the "wait and see" mode for this one. The trailer really doesn't give much info on.. anything.. which is fine, but it could go either way. It was definitely not a "WOW I WANT THAT IN ME RIGHT NOW!" kind of trailer, like some others have been.. but.. it looks done well enough.

Absolutely zero clue on the timeline stuff though, since "Old Arnie" doesn't existing in the T2 universe since he melted down. "Old Arnie" DOES existing in the Genisys timeline though.. so.. who knows. Where is John Connor? My thinking is it'll be some alternative future or something, where T2 ended with Arnie not saving John, and being forced to live out the rest of its life here as a failure, with Sarah being super bitter but also still trying to prevent the end of the world. Could be an interesting take on it.. as T3 and beyond would still technically be "canon", but this would be a new offshoot where they could do whatever they want.

"Dark Fate" seems to line up with this.. seeing how it's not the 'good way', though that didn't end up much better really.

I think they should have tapped more into the T2/Nostalgia angle for this trailer to get all the hardcore fans on board.. but it is what it is.. not even the Terminator theme :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If what I read is true, John is to be killed as a child. There's supposed to be a CGI Edward Furlong, so I expect a flashback death scene.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That seems in line with what I thought, sad that we may not be getting a proper T2 sequel.. but really, theoretically there would be no sequel after that.. terminators all destroyed and the world was saved.

All the bad shit happening in a different reality or whatever at least preserves that ending for those people. Everything is the multiverse! Termiverse? Multinator?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They all have their moments (maybe not Salvation, haven't seen that one), but I sorely miss the sci-fi horror of The Terminator. I know all the others are big-budget sci-fi action romps on purpose, but still.

Damn, now that I think about it, all the great sci-fi horror franchises degraded into action schlock.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Watched that netflix movie.. Rim of the World last night.. ehhhhhhh it wasn't very good. like a mix between Stranger Things, Independence Day, and a SyFy movie. It had it's moments, and the kids were generally not terrible, but the CGI was really bad and just overall very meh.

Also watched MASTERMINDS, which has that guy from the hangover and a bunch of other comedians in it.. and you know what, it was dumb as rocks, but I actually laughed a lot.