Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Watched "Bad Times at the El Royale" on cable last night.. was actually pretty good. It was about 1/2 hour too long, but once it got going, it was a good mystery/thriller type movie. I wanted to see it in theaters but it came and went pretty quickly.. but overall it was good.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think it's supposed to be a take on her gold comic armor maybe?

Also, it's set in the 80s so neon and gold and ridiculousness is the order of the day (which I am more than fine with).

Also, also. Gal Gadot can wear ANYTHING (or well, you know, nothing..) and be super duper hot, so whatevers.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
...Also, also. Gal Gadot can wear ANYTHING (or well, you know, nothing..) and be super duper hot, so whatevers.
Hard to argue against that factual statement. Do I remember/care about the plot of WW? No. Do I care about the franchise at all? No. Do I flip the the channel when WW comes on TV? Yes. Because that.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Why do you know this reference? I never pegged you as a comic fag. Wanna come over and do karate? ;)
Haha I saw it somewhere else, I'm not a comicfag! At least not usually. The only comics I collected as a kid was Sgt Rock, GI JOE, and some random Marvel stuff. I didn't even like the DC heroes back then!

Hard to argue against that factual statement. Do I remember/care about the plot of WW? No. Do I care about the franchise at all? No. Do I flip the the channel when WW comes on TV? Yes. Because that.
No lies detected! Though I do remember mostly enjoying the stand alone WW movie for what it was worth, and still think maybe it's the best of the DC movies. Though Shazam(!) and Aquaman were both good too.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm actually fine with absurd colors. It's one of the reasons why I liked Thor 3 so much. I'm the guy who's always complaining about drab colors in DC films (JL corrected that a bit).

My complaint is it just looks cheap. And if you guys want to forgive because Gal hot, then you might be disappointed that they covered up ALL of her hot exposed skin. Ya know, because SEXISMMMM! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Or are you just guys hands and face guys? 🤨

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
GG does have great eyes... haven't really checked out the hands though. :cool:

I dunno. I do find it ridiculous some of the costumes that the female super heroes have been strapped with over the years though. I would have to respect a costume that is actually practical, and not just made for ogling.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Nah, I'd rather have a reasonable costume with some hints of homage to the original.

It's funny actually thinking about it with Hollywood as it usually is, but I noticed the cleavage shots of Elizabeth Olsen more in Endgame because none of the other female leads had excessively revealing costumes. Granted ScarJo's outfit has pretty much always been clingy, but barely more than I see out and about these days. I'd say generally the MCU has been fairly even handed on the male/female "hey look at these muscles/curves" front (America's ass). And I'd say most of the costumes have been reasonably practical. What say you?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Early on the blatant shots of Black Widows ass were fun then but kinda of cringey looking back on them.. but yeah I feel like they've done a pretty good job with the costumes.

I have very little attachment to any kind or "original" look for most of them, I just want them to look cool and/or somewhat realistic.