Movie Discussions

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I still need to see Skyline.. guess I'll be skipping the sequel.

I did want to see the Mother one.. that's the one with the robot and stuff in the future or something right?

Binged Cobra Kai season 2 (talking about that in the TV thread) this weekend, but one of the jokes was a quick aside to Iron Eagle.. so after we were done I popped it in and let my 16 year old see the glory that is Iron Eagle for the first time.. it was still pretty good, not amazing like Top Gun, but pretty good. So funny seeing how much emphasis they put on all the base/radar/intelligence tech.. it looks so outdated now. 16 year old thought it was fine, so I'll accept that.
Yes, Mother is primarily about a kid raised in a lab by a robot. It grows from there, but that's the foundation of it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Okay, I laughed

A thousand years from now die Juden are still gonna be ass-blasted over Hitler, whilst simultaneously ignoring all the shit they pulled in the bad old days, in the name of being "god's chosen".

Binged Cobra Kai season 2 (talking about that in the TV thread) this weekend, but one of the jokes was a quick aside to Iron Eagle.. so after we were done I popped it in and let my 16 year old see the glory that is Iron Eagle for the first time.. it was still pretty good, not amazing like Top Gun, but pretty good. So funny seeing how much emphasis they put on all the base/radar/intelligence tech.. it looks so outdated now. 16 year old thought it was fine, so I'll accept that.
Iron Eagle was always a poor man's Top Gun, but it has its moments. The sequels, though. WOOF!
Noice, IF it doesn't drag.
https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1088189-rambo-last-blood-earns-hard-r-rating

................................................................................................
Also noice!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I mean it's Rambo killing Cartel members, Hard R.. and I think it'll be good.

I do think RAMBO (2008) did a good job of sending off the character with the ending, but I'm always down for more. "Last Blood" is a kind of nice end title for the series. Should have just been LAST BLOOD like FIRST BLOOD was the only title.. everyone knows he's Rambo.. but I get it for marketing purposes.

We NEED an homage poster to this, come on!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
We watched Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter is Dead. I'm reeeeeeeally starting to enjoy older movies far more than newer ones. Yet another sign that I'm getting old and out of the target demo they're making most movies for.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

What's funny is the "Deplorables" are the good guys it seems.. they're being hunted by the evil elites.. isn't that what Right-wing conspiracy sites are all about? Seems weird that those were the ones who screamed so loudly about it. It doesn't seem like the story would glorify it.. since it's all about the deplorables fighting back.

And yeah I hope it makes it to netflix like The Interview did. (God I love that movie, they hate us cause they anus!)

I will say it was bad timing for them with the shootings/etc.. but.. meh.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I liked the first one actually, looking forward to eventually seeing this..

Watched GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS over the weekend.. it was fine. The humans were the worst part, and there was basically zero tactical sense to.. anything, which was kinda frustrating, but I tried not to think too much about it.

Re-watched Outbreak last night.. it was okay. Wasn't quite as good as I remembered.. but it was still entertaining. I remember being super scared of viruses when it originally came out.