[NEWS] The 2014-2015 Fighting 1:18th Officers Club Drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
*trumpets blare*

We have arrived at another year! This one has meaning too, this is our *5th* anniversary! Who would have thought this lowly little '12 member' site would last 5+ years? Well, our continued existence is directly tied to all of our great members, and especially our yearly Officer-level members. The purpose of this drive is to help offset some of the yearly costs associated with the website. We are 100% corporate advertising free, and expect to remain that way as long as we can continue to do so!

As the level of support has increased, it has allowed us to provide more contests, giveaways, and services to our Officer-level members. We even got a custom figure made last year, thanks to the Officers! We have even bigger goals for 2014-2015, and all of you are essential in helping us to make it happen.

I mean, look at what we accomplished THIS year? We got all of these!

:eddieism: :grumpy: :racist: :lmao: :crying: :hijack: :drum: :fuckit: :pirate: :popcorn: .. and more!

:)racist: is my fav) Imagine what can we accomplish in another year??

We have always felt that accepting money from the big manufacturers or retailers would cheapen or influence some of the reporting and reviews that we do, so we decided we'd go at it alone and do things our way whether people liked it or not. It gives us the freedom to do what we want, and say what we think, and so can you!

This site is completely paid for by the staff, and from donations by our members.

These are the benefits you get for becoming an Officer (Besides the warm fuzzy feeling inside!):

+ The Fighting 1:18th Exclusive 4GB "Dog tag" USB drive*
+ Exclusive Officer Club rank badge
+ Additional Private Message Space from 100 -> 250
+ Additional file hosting space from 30M to 100M
+ Unique color for name
+ Access to the Officer's Club Exclusive Forum
+ Access to the Officer's Club Exclusive PX Trading Post
+ Access to exclusive monthly contests + prizes only for Officers
+ First look at upcoming site exclusives and projects
+ Special Discount offer at starwarsgeek's shop for Officers!^
+ Our undying love and admiration for helping us be the last, best place to BS without BS!

+ And more...

As of right now, all the perks will be year-to-year donation dependent, so they will last until your subscription runs out.

* The 4GB "Dog tag" USB drives drives are a limited item and will be given out on a first-come first-serve basis.
^ See starwarsgeek for details on redeeming your discount.

The price is $35 for the 2014-2015 year. You can access the sign up form through this link: http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/payments.php

If you do not have Paypal, would like to donate MORE than $35, would like to donate through a different method, OR would like to donate for someone else, please send one of the admins (NSA, MAJOR BLOOD, PCSguy88) a message on the forums.

Officer - Tier 2 Operator!
This is a 2nd Officer tier, and is for people who want to promote their website, blog, or small business on the Fighting 1:18th. Anyone wishing to sign up for this package must be an active participant of our website (So, for example, starwarsgeek good, BBTS bad).

+ Everything that comes with the normal Officer-level membership
+ Partner Link! Small banner-type promotion. Dimensions for picture are 180x135.
+ Front page link! Rotating 300x250 ad on our front page for an entire month!
+ Future marketing opportunities with The Fighting 1:18th

The price is $60 for the 2014-2015 year. Please contact either myself or MAJOR BLOOD if you are interested in this package. Do *NOT* use the PayPal link.

--------------------

The donation period is from May 23rd, 2014 through August 24th, 2014.

A huge thank you everyone who helps out!

** ALSO NOTE ** all existing Officer Club memberships will expire on July 1st of each year unless renewed, regardless of when you signed up.

Attachments

• Dogtags01.jpg
    Dogtags01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • Dogtags02.jpg
    Dogtags02.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • Dogtags03.jpg
    Dogtags03.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
DAMMIT I was JUST getting ready to email you the details on this year's SWG Officer exclusive. Oh well, I'll post it here and maybe you can add it in to the main post so people will see it.

During the 2013 - 2014 calender year, I ran several "Officer Only" sales at my casting shop, where I offered 1:18 head and weapon items for just $1 each. This is a savings of about 66% since most of my items are $3. Unfortunately, I got a lot of feedback from people who would say "If only I had some cash" and "Maybe next time I'll have some spare funds available". I know what that's like, trust me! So, for the 2014 - 2015 calender year, I'm going to officer each officer one "Make Your Own Sale" opportunity. What does that mean, exactly? Basically, YOU can choose when to make a purchase at my sale prices. You win some money playing poker with your buddies on a random Friday night in August and you want to buy some SWG swag? You got it! No more waiting on my silly made up holiday sales like "May the Fourth Be With You" - YOU decide when you want to have the sale!

Each officer will get ONE opportunity to get 1:18 head and weapon casts for only $1 each, and 50% off anything else in my store (1:12 head casts if you're so inclined, painting services, etc. etc.). Of course, I'll keep offering my silly holiday sales throughout the year and if you can take advantage of me during those as well, great. If not, at least you'll still get a chance to take advantage of me at one point.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
DAMMIT I was JUST getting ready to email you the details on this year's SWG Officer exclusive. Oh well, I'll post it here and maybe you can add it in to the main post so people will see it.

Okay, now thats a cool concept!...my problem is never funds though..my problem is, I already have waaaaaaaaaaay too much fodder...that's probably because I'm to lazy to customize and use what I have :headinsand:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Thanks everyone! I need to go and adjust the ranks again.. Stupid system always resets the ranks :)

I wondered about that. I thought I had 2 and should move up to 3. So wish I had not hesitated the 1st time I had an oppportunity...I would be a 4-star today! :eek:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah we have a list to keep track of who is what rank.. Congrats on Eddie on being the first 5 star gold member!

Provost.. We should have enough drives to cover everyone, but just need to qualify that they are limited.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Count me in at the $60 level bros. I just have to wait until after I reopen my store next week, and get some more cash flowing.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
Provost.. We should have enough drives to cover everyone, but just need to qualify that they are limited.

Thanks!

If I did miss out would still pay as I like collecting those stars ;)

Speaking of which - did I not have two of them given I've paid for officer membership two years in a row?

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Boom, Shakalaka!!!

(Paid)

Now wherez mah stahz yo????

:fuckit:

Boom! Look at that pretty award rack!

Thanks everyone so far! We're off to a great start!

Yeah, I adjusted everyone's 'end date' to be 07/01 and I think it messed with the stars. I THINK I fixed everyones now.

But when you do re-up through the website it knocks you down to 1 star until I go in and fix it.. the joys of automation!

Status
Not open for further replies.