Official Funny/Cool Video Thread

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Ha not bad. Should have shown him getting progressively fatter as he is forced to shove stuff in his mouth to be quiet!

I wonder if they'll ever touch on what did happen.. I can't imagine Cap would have let all those bad things happen.. but it would turn into a new timeline.. but maybe better? I mean once you change a few things, the rest would likely never even happen, so his "knowledge" of the future would be pretty useless wouldn't it?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, imagine what he could do clandestinely, showing up to stop significant MCU events even before they happened (in that timeline, of course), and then disappearing back into the night. I'd certainly watch that show - Agent Carter and Captain Midnight! or something... :p

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
My theory which supports the 1 main timeline
1. Cap gets frozen wakes up in the future 2008 or whatever year it was.
2. He looks up Peggy & finds out about husband & family.Since he can’t go back he accepts it & moves on. Like any normal person stalking their X on Facebook
3. In avengers he has the fight with Loki & gets knocked out.
4. Endgame happens Time travel is now real & he again has the fight with himself but now he knows it’s not Loki.
5. He sees Peggy in the past.
6. After thinking about it for awhile mystery husband kind of looks like him & may or may not be the mysterious Captain Britain (the guy Peggy referred to in the 60s timeline)
7. He figures out this is always what happened. So he stays in the past protects shield from total Hydra domination. And has a few more adventures on his own.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
While I don't disagree that it's clearly cleaner, but the more nuclear plants, the more chances for accidents. And did I miss it or did he skip over weighing the cost vs other energy? And let me guess, higher taxes, maybe a carbon tax, to pay for it?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
They are not cheap, but much of the cost is due to the hoops put on them by paranoid bureaucrats. If they untied their hands, they'd make more and the individual cost would reduce. Once built, they are significantly lower cost to run than plants that require constant feeding. And with more production you get innovation and improvements in efficiency and safety alike.

Even if there are accidents, like there was with Chernobyl (in the Soviet Union... decades ago... which has been described as the "worst case"), less than 100 people actually died from it. We need to get over the paranoia, for our sake and that of the planet, as the population continues to grow, as do energy demands.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I thought the number was much higher?
No.. I mean, we'll never get a clear number from SOVIET RUSSIA about how many died as a result of the fallout, probably a decent amount, but I put that squarely on them being shitbricks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_and_radiation_accidents_and_incidents

Overall it's way safer than anything else, largely due to all the rules in place and somewhat due to the fear of it being so dangerous.

I saw a report that if California and Germany had invested in Nuclear power instead of renewables (or same $$$ amount) they'd be fully self sufficient already. I think renewables (solar, wind, etc) are fine and not a bad thing to have, but you need a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of them to fill the power need, and nuclear is just sitting over there waiting.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, she says she's done. I always figured there'd be a nasty injury from that sport. My money would have been a failed flip or dismount from the balance beam, never on the floor exercise. Who knew?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Maybe if you're a bendy figure. Just watching that made me squirm something awfull. Both legs broken and knee caps dislocated, my Mom had one of her legs broken years ago in a car accident and she never fully recovered. I mean, she could walk ok, but she had a noticeable limp the rest of her life....but she was also in her early 50's when that happened. Maybe this girl is young and healthy enough AND can get some superior physical rehab and "bounce" back like it was nothing. I hope she wasn't depending on a gymnast scholarship to attend college.