Official Haul Thread

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Purchased a "Jungle Disguise" Dutch from NECA's Predator 30th Ann. line. I missed it the first time and have been thinking about it off and on since then. When I heard they were re-releasing the line-up this month, I took a chance and went to TRU to see what I could find. At first I couldn't find it as there were none with the other NECA figures, but then I find it not far away. So I bought it.

And now I wonder if I really want it. Then I tell myself to just hold on to it and keep in MIB, as these figures seem to sky-rocket in value on the secondary market not far down the road...although I don't know if the same holds true for a re-release. Hey, the box is different!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Picked up this bad bitch today. I would have preferred regular-ass Vasquez, but this version will have to do. Also saw the equipment pack with the auto-turrets, Bob.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I picked her up too...and bomber jacket Ripley, both a few weeks ago. Both are excellent additions to the ALIENS line and I heard a few days ago that Drake is next.

I want that weapons pack, but I doubt my TRU will get it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If they don't it'll be NECA's fault. I'm pretty sure they have distributors that go around and handle their products. I imagine that's why I'm always finding this shit late.

And I just ordered Jungle Extraction Dutch. It's a sickness.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Well, those distributors are failing at my TRU, there's lots of NECA stuff that mine has never seen....unless they got one or two and they sold out immediately...which could have happened I suppose.

That re-release of the Predator figures was kinda weird. My TRU got in like four of each, sold out in a few weeks, and then months later they got in ANOTHER shipment of the same selection! I've never seen that happen. I've still got my jungle disguise Dutch sitting in it's box.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I never saw them at mine. Same goes for Police Shootout T-800.

Right now mine has part of Alien series 12, as well as the wave with Bald Ripley and the USCM weapon box. Also has Ivan Drago, Superman V. Ali and those Planet of the Apes figures nobody wants.

God, I miss Hastings.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Now you see, some of those, I haven't seen. Police shoot-out T800, Drago, Superman, Ali...I don't understand the disparity. Now I'm tempted to see if they have the weapons pack. The only "pack" I have seen are the stasis tubes and the Alien: Covenant creature packs.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I wanted those tubes something fierce, but their dimensions just didn't look right. I suppose I could have picked them up and altered them to make them more to my liking, but that would have just been too much work. I have a 1:1 stasis tube at home that was built using the dimensions of a screen-used tube, so I know how they are supposed to look

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Picked up the USCM accessory set last night, man I LOVE the sentry guns! Parts of them are a bit warped, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. The amount of detail is crazy...I've seen photos of the real guns, and if these smaller versions are accurate, there's a whole level of detail we hadn't seen before in photos.

The only problems I see...and they are minor...is that I *think* the guns had a letter on the back indicating "A" gun and "B" gun...or C and D gun, whichever. And they don't rotate at the base...ZERO rotation. Lastly, the little "wings" that help support the gun batteries don't fold in...so don't try it. I almost snapped one off trying to collapse it.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I really need to try harder when taking photos...same old background. Last horror character I needed to complete the line. I suppose I could add Leatherface to them, but while the movie came out when I was little, it wasn't one I "grew up" with, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Picked up a figure of Rose from the new SW movie, 3.75 Black series. She will make a great addition to my colonists for my ALIENS set-up once I make a few changes. You know, the price of these could probably come down a few dollars if they would make the packaging simpler, the figures are just swimming in those.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Just received these...

Vintage Metal Man figures and vehicles. I already have all of this stuff except the laser rifle that's in the cockpit of the UFO. All that I really wanted from this set were the two vehicles. My "rocket" is in pretty bad shape and the canopy on my UFO actually SHRANK at some point! So I wanted two good examples, I'm hoping I can sell the rest and re-coop some of my money.

Attachments

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
A few recent hauls. Clawtron form the old Fisher Price adventure people line...LOVE this figure. I'm now up to four, slowly army building him. Chest panel is always screwed up so I made a replacement (not shown).

The little red robot isn't an "action figure", I know, but he's cool anyway and always looks good when paired with a figure that actually has articulation. I wanted this guy to go with my Palisades red Pharoid, as he has a transparent red sarcophagus.

The last is the Playmates Terminator Salvation T1. I was thinking about making the larger tank that you see in the opening scenes of the first two movies to go with my Terminator army, but then I saw this and figured he'd fit the bill even though he's smaller. It has o.k. detail, they could have done better on the treads. The best part (marginally) are the twin guns and the soft rubber ammo belts that connect to them. These belts are so good they should be copied.

Attachments

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
About a month and half/two months ago, I picked up several of the 1:18th Jurassic Park figures and the Jeep. Pretty good detail on all of it. I picked up Alan Grant, the blonde lady, Chris Pratt's character. Decent articulation, wish they had some sort of wrist swivel. Accessories kinda suck, flair gun and small dinos for Grant, big flashlight for the lady (and maybe more small dinos...can't remember) and they have two Pratts...the one I got came with some armor and a shield. On closer inspection, the paint on the faces look like they are some how printed on, you can see little dot matrixes making up the detail. The face on Alan Grant looks especially good. Another drawback is they seem a little on the short side. They measure up with newer SW figures, but are about a foot shorter than modern GI Joes.

The jeep is really nice, although I wish it maybe had working headlights or winch. It does have a working winch, but not motorized. Plenty of leg room for the figures...no hole in the floor board or lack of room requiring you to either make a hole or cut the legs off to make them fit.