Official NFL 2017/2018 Thread!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Rumor has it that Peterson is demanding 8 mil, and no one will give a 32 year old back with a substantial injury history that kind of money. He's either going to have to swallow his ego or retire.

I fail to see the issue with the Raiders' move. LA has two teams already. Oakland is a shithole. Staying in the far west is preferable to them moving to San Antonio, Toronto, or some other random locale.

I understand why most cities are starting to push back against the publicly financed stadium scam, as the city never gets it paid for, the team always wants expensive renovations, etc, etc, and it just becomes welfare for the ultra-wealthy at the city's expense. But in this instance, what choice did Davis have, stay in the black hole and never attract a free agent ever again? Oakland is virtually uninhabitable. Dude had to do something, and Big Al would definitely approve.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, the Coliseum needs to die a fiery death.

I can see how it sucks for local fans, but hell, going to that damn stadium was already a punishment.

I would have preferred LA, but Vegas is a nice 2nd place.
Yeah, I don't blame them for not wanting to go back to LA and be second fiddle to the rams in their own stadium. LA had a shot and blew it, so I don't feel badly for them.

I expect Vegas to at least generate some excitement, and I can see the team having far more tourist traffic where people see a game while in town on vacation. No one "just happened" to be in Oakland on gameday...

Besides, what NFL franchise fits better in Sin City than the Raiders?! It wouldn't have the same vibe at all if the Jags moved there. It almost HAD to be the Raiders.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah the "bad boy"/Sin City aesthetic works for the Raiders. Saints would have been kind of cool, if only for the Saint/Sinner theme.

We're one step closer to the Tusken Raiders :D

I wonder if, after a few years, the location gives the Raiders a home edge.. will other teams players be tempted by Vegas and get hung over before the game? Maybe once the home team gets it out of their system.. I dunno.

Either way, it's hours closer for me.. and hopefully a really nice stadium. Stoked!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
He'll be good in the booth, and let's be honest, he's better off. We'd all have been holding our breath waiting on him to get paralyzed or killed if he came back. When the body raises the white flag on a career, you'd best pay attention.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Raiders 2017 schedule is UP!

Week 1: @ Titans (W)
Week 2: Jets (W)
Week 3: @ Redskins (W)
Week 4: @ Broncos (L)
Week 5: Ravens (W)
Week 6: Chargers (W)
Week 7: Chiefs (L)
Week 8: @ Bills (W)
Week 9: @ Dolphins (W)
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: Patriots (!! L)
Week 12: Broncos (W)
Week 13: Giants (W)
Week 14: @ Chiefs (L)
Week 15: Cowboys (L)
Week 16: @ Eagles (W)
Week 17: @ Chargers (W)

Guessing 11-5, that seems really optimistic though. Still coming off that 2016 high (and sudden depressurization). Gonna take a deeper look at it tomorrow.

Football is coming!

Raiders playing IN LA ON NEW YEARS EVE! Oh my God. LA IS GOING TO BURN IT WILL BE AWESOME.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
This Mahomes kid seems pretty intelligent and his parents did a good job raising him. He's saying all the right things, so hopefully he absorbs all of the pre-snap shit and footwork from AS11 over the next year or two. Perfect situation as long as people stay healthy and patient.

I'm intrigued by this Hunt kid too. He should contribute immediately at RB from the looks of his film. Fumbled once in 800 carries in college and he carries tacklers on his back for 3-4 yards. Patient runner. Slower than the scat backs.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Jamal Charles, Denver Bronco
He always was.

Jamaal Charles: "I always wanted to play for Denver. Growing up, John Elway was one of my favorite players."
Jamaal Charles: "I'm just happy I get to play [the Chiefs] twice a year."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgVUlab7cvM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljKVNHzBiSs[/ame]

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Still no explanation or replacement hired. They better get their shot together soon and hopefully promote This Veech guy internally to show some continuity. We don't need some outsider coming in to make his mark.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I guess. It's not like any of us know anything about office people. Veach staarted 10yrs ago for Andy in Philly and keeps working his way up. Supposedly really good at spotting talent and a big reason Philly and the Chiefs have drafted well while he was there. That's really all we need, a talent evaluator since Reid can basically do the rest.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That is true. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Things are looking good for the Raiders in the off-season.. saw an article recently that showed how in 2013 the Raiders had $55 MILLION in dead money on their roster, and this year they have $55 THOUSAND in dead money. The new GM has done a really good job at turning the team around, just needed Al Davis to die I guess ^_^

Ah, found it.. poor Chargers.. Chargers lead NFL in dead cap, owe $21 million to players who aren't on their roster - CBSSports.com

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Your GM is a VFL (Vol-For-Life). I used to watch Reggie and his twin brother, Raleigh, play for UT when I was a kid. They were badasses back in the day. Reggie's son Kahlil plays for the Vols now.

Until I looked them up just now, I didn't realize Raleigh is a scout for the Raiders as well.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Dorsey was pretty shit with our salary cap which is the only external knock on him.

You have to be pretty damn excited like I was going into last season. Super Bowl or bust! I have a feeling Alex is going down in week 11 so the kid can get some experience before next offseason. Cutting Alex saves us over $20 million next season.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah Reggie did pretty good with the Packers. I didn't realize he played for the Raiders, AND he was hired on the advice from John freakin' Madden.

I'm not feeling high on life yet. Too many years wandering in the wilderness for that feeling yet. I don't feel like it's another futile year though, so that is an improvement. They definitely //can// be the best in West, but I still don't know if they can beat the damn Patriots.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
And then he woke up from his dream! ;)

Does KC even employ any WRs now that Maclin is gone? I know the Pats have tried with moderate success, but it's generally not a strong strategic plan to build an offense solely around a TE, especially when your QB has the arm of an 8-year-old girl.

No vertical threat = loaded box and shallow safeties

These are my annual Alex-Smith-is-a-dud stats:

2016: 3,502 yards, 15 TDs, 8 INTs

- Yards was 22nd in the league
- 15 TDs was 27th in the league, tied with Brock Osweiller (who started less games)
- 91.2 QB rating was good for 18th in the league (min 100 att), behind Andy Dalton, Cody Kessler, Tannehill, Hoyer,... but barely above Kaepernick. Ugh.

For your sake, I hope Mahomes develops quicker than expected, or it's going to be another squandered year for your really talented core players.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Mahommes to Tyreek "Fastest Baby Momma Choker in the NFL" Hill sounds wonderful.

Even I'm tired of AS11 dink and dunk. I didn't mind until he stopped running 40yds per game for critical FDs and TDs all of 2016. Dude has some wheels, but that doesn't matter if you don't freakin use them.

When was the last time the Raiders beat the Chiefs??? :trollface:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Have they kept their defense intact? I don't think they would have been nearly as good last year without some defensive miracles. Didn't they say they're taking Tyreek off returns as well? That won like 3 games for them!

It is still surreal to real articles and have people talk about "The Super Bowl contending Raiders". It's like I woke up in Bizzaro world.

If Lynch still has something left this year, it could be reality, the running game wasn't great last year. The defense needs to figure it out too, as they were ungood last year.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Haha! Yes!!

This one from the Niners fan quotes is gold:

How many hand-me-down owners have actually learned their lesson, stepped aside, quit meddling and let football people make football decisions? Oh? Just one? Oh, it’s MARK FUCKING DAVIS. Mr. Bowl Cut Sketchers PF Chang’s himself was smart enough to do it, and look at the Raiders now. The fucking Raiders.

God damn it.
Not going to lie.. watching those clips is getting me a little stiff for football season. SUNDAYS SUNDAYS SUNDAYS!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I love this time of year. Can't wait for them to lace into the dumpster fire that is the Vikings, plus there's a game on tomorrow night.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Yes, the Chief's D is intact and actually upgraded with the replacement of their nose tackle. They had the most injured front 7 last season and now all of them are back, so do not look for a decline. Now we get to see if they truly can absorb the loss of Maclin on offense who had a shit year anyways.

Justin Houston is at 100% which is a massive upgrade alone considering he barely played last season and only had one great half against Denver.