Official NFL 2017/2018 Thread!

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Not sure if I'll even watch, I am still that disgusted.
Your Queens sure shit the bed in the NFC Championship.. yeesh. I was rooting for them to get the home Superb Owl too. I mean the Eagles are good, but I expected a lot more out of the Vikings. At least they got that week of ecstasy after the New Orleans game.

But.. yeesh. That was bad. Though I wonder if it's better or worse to get blown out rather than lose by having 12 men on the field or missing a stupid field goal? At least with a blowout you know it's over pretty early on, it doesn't break your heart at the last minute.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
After the "Manning wins and rides into the sunset" game and the "Tom comes back from 28-3 after the half" game, I'm not sure it's possible for this SB to have any kind of meaningful impact. We need a few years of shitty blah SB's in order for a half-good one to even register. This year is unlikely to have any kind of narrative that will resonate like the last two...

you know...unless Nick Foles subs for the injured kicker, kicks the would-be winning FG, only to have it blocked, and he catches it on the rebound and runs for the endzone and scores, but Bilicheat blew an "inadvertant whistle" on the sideline that stopped the play. Pats win. THAT would get people talking. Anything else is just a buffer between already-leaked SB commercials.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I am hoping it's a ridiculous scoring Superb Owl like years of old.. 55-43 or something. Just lots of excitement.

Vikings/Jags would have been cool but probably would have been a 10-6 snorefest.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
No comments on the game?! Brady, Bilicheat, and every Brian 'O Brian got to eat shit. Fuck the patriots! I don't even like the Eagles, but I was a huge fan last night!

Good lord, those Foxboro fuckers lost a SB to Nick Foles, bless his heart. That's gotta sting. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end. If the Pats become the new Browns, no amount of losing will satisfy me. They could go 0-16 for twenty consecutive seasons, and I would still root against them. hahahahahaha, it's been almost a full day, and I'm still smiling. Nothing is as sweet as patriots tears :)

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
No comments on the game?! Brady, Bilicheat, and every Brian 'O Brian got to eat shit. Fuck the patriots! I don't even like the Eagles, but I was a huge fan last night!

Good lord, those Foxboro fuckers lost a SB to Nick Foles, bless his heart. That's gotta sting. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end. If the Pats become the new Browns, no amount of losing will satisfy me. They could go 0-16 for twenty consecutive seasons, and I would still root against them. hahahahahaha, it's been almost a full day, and I'm still smiling. Nothing is as sweet as patriots tears :)
That’s how NSA and I feel about Denver.

I feel so good for Foles. I mean, that poor kid has been thru some serious crap the past few years and got to show every doubter he had what it takes.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
It was a good game. Always happy to see the Pats lose. I was an Eagles fan when Vick came back and was lighting up my fantasy team, so I'm okay seeing them win. Their fan base is trash though.

Exciting game and decent commercials though.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That’s how NSA and I feel about Denver.
Growing up, I hated Denver and Horseface Elway. I was a Montana-guy, and Elway, Marino, Simms, and Kelly could go blow a camel. But being a Vol-4-Life, cheering for Peyton transcended any prior NFL fandom. Peyton walked on water around here, and any team he was on instantly became our favorite, no questions asked. So I went from thinking the Broncos were simply a doormat for the NFC, to loving the Peyton-Broncos, to being completely indifferent about the team now that he's gone. Same with Indy. Without Manning, I'm back to being a Niners fan. Fuck Tom Brady with some rusty rebar. ;)

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm not sure Foles actually wants to leave. It's clearly not about money for him, and he's clearly picky about where and who he plays for. I could see him taking less money to sit tight. Besides, no matter how well he played in the SB, his history on several other teams suggests that he's not a guy who is going to take over and elevate your whole roster like a real franchise guy.

I think we could all agree that he'll never be more popular than he is this week. I like the guy, but this is the peak of his career. If any team tries to pay him a ransom, it'll be to their detriment... i.e. Matt Flynn all over again.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, but Alex didn't have four prior failed stints at other teams. He wasn't actually good in SF, but he was playing his best ball when Kaep replaced him. Foles... I'm really happy for the guy, but I have a hard time imagining that he's got another SB in him, especially having to start over with another team/coach/system. He had a good 3-game run, but that doesn't seem like enough for anyone to forget years of mediocre play.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
GMs know Super Bowl MVP QB will fill the stands for the first season. Maybe Foles just keeps getting better like Alex. I know Foles refused to play for anyone but Reid when he came back last year and then under baby Reid in Philly, he flourished. Pederson changed the entire offense for Foles for the last 4 games. Sure he’ll flop if his next coach doesn’t run the same offense.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I mean he was borderline great in Philly the first time. He was just a backup in KC and I don't blame anyone on the Rams for sucking, clearly it was a coaching issue and nothing else.. look a them now.

That being said, I don't think he's the next big super star QB, but he'll probably get paid a decent sum. Maybe the next Joe Flacco after winning the SB?

Like PCS said, he does great in one kind of system.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
He fits the bill of any retread QB for a team desperate to make the headlines. Sucks for him since all 3 Reid offensive teams have QBs on rookie deals. Foles won’t beat out Trubensky, Wentz or Mahomes.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Exactly, there is not a ready-made "system" situation out there just waiting for a stopgap QB. Does anyone think he's going to thrive in Cleveland, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Arizona, or the Jets? No, those teams are more than a placeholder QB away from making noise. Like I said, I won't be surprised if he stays in philly.

If someone pays him a fortune, I won't blame him a bit for taking it... but that's very different than going somewhere with a realistic chance to win championships.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That’s what worries me. Now with Foles being an apparent studd in the same Alex offense, Snyder might try to pull a quickie. Rumors are that the Chief’s immediately leaked the trade so that Snyder couldn’t easily back out.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
There had to more to it than that. He is a diva, no doubt. I have to assume he became a toxic distraction. Why else? The draft picks they get will be interesting, as I don't know what a #1 corner goes for on the trade market.

Bright side, you're really going to enjoy the draft in April!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
He’s not replaceable and we already have the top RB, WR, TE, SS, OLB and QBotf. What we do not have any longer is a top secondary. The kid was a total thug punk completely full of himself because of his ridiculous talent which is why he fell to the 3rd round to begin with. We all knew he wanted to be in Oakland and would not resign with the Chiefs, but do you Force home to play another year and then trade or 2yrs and let him walk or use the tag? I guess they figure they get the most value out of a trade now, but the Rams do not even have a 2nd rounder this year, so compensation can’t be all that great. Certainly not shutdown corner who takes the ball away at a much higher rate than any other player in the league value. This hurts as much as losing Kareem “the dream” Hunt.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Not knowing the details of the trade is killing me and speculation is the Chiefs might have gotten a 2nd round pick at the highest which is concerning considering the Rams do not have a 2nd this year.