Official NFL 2017/2018 Thread!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
When you have to swallow your pride for a pay check...

“I actually met Pat last year,” (Chad Henne) said. “He came into Jacksonville for a visit, just briefly shook his hand, but seemed like a good country boy which is kind of cool. Definitely a lot of talent. I’ve seen bits and pieces of film on him just being in Jacksonville, but he played that last game against Denver, strong arm, seems to have right kind of head on his shoulders, which is great.

“I think he just has a great work ethic from what I’ve heard, so I think that’s cool.”

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Being a backup QB is the absolute best gig in the world. If you can manage that without ever having to start a real game.. even better.

Collect all that cash, get to watch 16 football games a year, IN PERSON, ON THE FIELD LEVEL.. and NOT get brain damage and life altering injuries? Where the heck do I sign up.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
We could have prime Joe Montana under-center, passing to Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin, and we would still find ways to fuck it all up.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. the Rams really surprised everyone last year. This year it might actually be OK to root for them here.

I still think the team name and colors are retarded so I wont, but anytime a 'home' team does good it's good for everyone I suppose. Glad they're not in the AFC though :)

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The new NFL seems to center around having a QB on a rookie salary and spending the savings on skill. Rams now have QB, RB, CB and WR all above average (maybe not Goff) and then spent elsewhere. Granted, they will have to tear the team apart in 20-18 or 2019.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, I know they're trying to do the Russell Wilson thing by winning before having to pay $30 mil to the QB, but I'm not sure Goff is good enough to pull it off no matter how much talent they put around him. While the Pats are accumulating draft picks for guys who will pan out in a couple of years. What good does that do Brady now?

Not that I mind, as anything that takes the Pats out of contention suits me. But their loss of talent this off-season is staggering, and I don't think any amount of rookie talent can make up for it in the '18 season.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I mean, Goff was suddenly pretty good last year. I did not see that coming. Year 2 in the same system he might be even better? I thought the Rams would be a dumpster fire for another decade and somehow they're not.. so I'm going reserve judgement. They should just toss money at OBJ and get everyone. Fantasy Football is real!

I've said the same thing about the Patriots many years.. and yet somehow they keep winning. 1 game away from re-peating as SB champs. They move players in and out like replaceable parts, and it never really seems to impact the whole. I don't get it either, but it works. The only piece that isn't being swapped is Brady. Will it work when he's gone? Who knows. It is all Belichick Dark Magic? I'm sure some of their success has been ruling the AFC East (Jets? Bills? Dolphins.. lol) that's almost 6 sure-fire wins a year.