Official NFL 2018/2019 Thread!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, lets face it, the Raiders don't want to be in the Bay area when the Niners and Jimmy G start winning again. They left after the start of the first Niners' dynasty because Al didn't like being second fiddle. He didn't come back until they sucked again. Now SanFran's starting to improve, and boom, the Raiders are skipping town.

For the first time in franchise history, they'll be the only team in their town. It'll be good for them.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
After all, what is a Raiders fan but a human retread? Every Raiders fan is on their second marriage, and defaulting on their second mortgage, and in court AGAIN for back payments on child support.
Derek Carr got paid and turned back into a pumpkin with Matt Stafford’s arm and Alex Smith’s balls.
Derek Carr can only throw accurately if he’s sure that his wide receivers will drop it. But have no fear! Jordy Nelson and Ryan Switzer are here! MAGA RaiderNation is already jizzing their pants over the grit and work ethic. The defense looks great on paper but then you remember that Reggie Nelson can’t tackle or run. Every defensive back is terribly inconsistent or perpetually injured. Khalil Mack is the only proven star on this team and I feel bad for him. Bruce Irvin is awesome too. BUT THAT’S IT. Fuck the Chiefs.
:laugh:

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I feel like Kareem will have a great year if Patty and Hill or Watkins are connecting 50yds down field every game. No more of that 8-9 defenders in the box crap that every team did just daring Smith to take the top of the D. If the O-line can be decent in pass protection, then the Chiefs will have one helluva offense.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Was just going to post that. The writer seemed to run out of reasons we suck after the valid playoff and Reid collapses. He also now says Alex Smith is one of the few decent QBs??? Didn’t he spend the last 4 years saying he sucks? Wish he had spent some time to figure out our defense is utter trash instead of just saying things like Hunt will suck, Patty will suck, Sammy will suck, etc.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So true.

It took Doug Pederson like 30 seconds to win a Super Bowl after he left KC. And with a backup QB the Chiefs had on their roster the year before.
But yeah, they gotta hate to hate.. its the article, but I suppose when your only real vice is failing in big games.. thats what they talk about. The now reverence for Alex Smith is stupid though.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
To be fair, if you had to write 32 of these per year for a decade, you'd get repetitive and uninspired too. The problem is that it gets harder as you get into the good teams, resulting in bagging on the owner, the fans, etc. KC doesn't have a lot of glaring holes, but poor time-management and meltdowns in big games have been their hallmark in the reid era. He's not wrong.

I noticed the Alex Smith thing too, but in his defense, he ripped AS11 a new one in the washington write-up, so it's not like he really thinks he was great... he's just playing devil's advocate. This is the point of the articles.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
This is what I told a good buddy of mine who is a big Packers fan...

"Record contract for ARod? Welcome to the 20xx Colts, where you don't have enough money leftover to buy a defense that's not made up of anything but cardboard and Raiders' castoffs."

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I mean.. Rodgers is one of the best, so I get it, but sheesh. I guess it keeps things going.. can't have a team get too good for too long. Got to keep drafting cheap/good rookies and running that scheme forever, trading out parts as they get too expensive. Something the Patriots have managed to do for years. I don't even think Brady gets top dollar.. but probably know if he does it'll hurt the rest of the team.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So.. yeah.. Mack... ugh.

That was fun Saturday news.

I go back and forth on the whole matter.

On one hand, just pay the guy, it would be like 10% of the salary cap and he's a special player with loads of talent.

On the other hand, he played every game last season and the defense still sucked. He didn't show up while he was still under contract, and is that the kind of thing you want to reward? If they know they need a real rebuilding, would this be the best chance to get value out of him? Next year you'd have to pay him or he walks.

I dunno. All I do know is that my Raiders jerseys are Janikowski and Mack, and now neither are on the team.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It's probably not good in the immediate-future, as you don't replace that level of production from the bench... but when you consider the draft picks they'll be getting - and let's face it, Chicago's picks will likely be high-1's - you'll be getting real value with top young guys on cheap rookie deals. That gives you a lot of flexibility elsewhere when you don't have a huge chunk of money tied up in a disgruntled DT. He wasn't Reggie White. Take your lumps now and be better off for years to come.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Pretty similar to the Chiefs cutting bait with Peters except you got 2 1st rounders (while losing a 2nd). The Chiefs only got a future 2nd round pick for the best CB in the league (when he decided to play).

In other news, S.I. has some insane writers on their staff:

1536076820260.png

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Steelers LG Ramon Foster and C Maurkice Pouncey expressed frustration with Le'Veon Bell continuing his holdout on Wednesday.

"What do you do? Here’s a guy who doesn’t give a damn, so I guess we’ll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this," Foster said. "He’s making seven times what I make, twice as much as [LT] Al [Villanueva] is making and we’re the guys who do it for him." Pouncey added, "The business part...I get it. But not if it's game day. We have a game this Sunday, we're all the way into the game plan and you're still not here?" Players typically side with players on money, but not when it's costing the team potential wins with Bell not showing up. This is getting ugly for Bell.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That is the same kind of feeling I was having with Mack with him not showing up.

Like.. how can a team form and gel without you there in practice. Sure, the star players don't need practice to do good, they're gifted, but everyone around them might need the reps and practice so the team as a whole works well.

The fact that they are already under contract and they're just no-showing pisses me off. I wish their teams could drop them and no one could pick them up for a year or something. Or 5 years.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
This was an eye opener to read:

Last week on our new NFL Deep Dive podcast, Gary Gramling brought to my attention a fascinating tidbit from our own Albert Breer: no team has ever won a Super Bowl with a $20 million QB. Initially, I dismissed this. The NFL’s first $20 million QB didn’t come until 2013 (Eli Manning). But Gary said consider the more general point: recently, expensive QBs have not won many Super Bowls. Indeed, look at the where the cap numbers ranked for the seven Super Bowl winning QBs under the current collective bargaining agreement, which made rookie QB deals like Russell Wilson’s cheap:

2017: Carson Wentz/Nick Foles, ranked 28th and 47th in QB salary
2016: Tom Brady, 18th
2015: Peyton Manning, 6th
2014: Tom Brady, 11th
2013: Russell Wilson, 52nd
2012: Joe Flacco, 16th
2011: Eli Manning, 4th

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know I'm late, but everyone have a laught at my expense.
https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-minnesota-vikings-1828711873

Jesus, I had forgotten the Minnesota Miracle. The ass-fucking Philly gave us the following week had blocked it out of my mind. Being a fan of this team really brings out my inner Anakin Skywalker. No, not the cool, badass Jedi knight-pilot we all built up in our heads for over 20 years, but the whiny piece of shit we actually got.

I hate you Minnesota. Being a fan of you, and simultaneously hating you, are the only things me and Drew Magary have in common.