Official NFL 2018/2019 Thread!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Easily the greatest football game I have ever seen. It was especially nice since the Pats and Chargers lost previously to make it meaningless and allow fans to sit back and just enjoy it. I mean, it was 2 or 3 game worth of content crammed into 60 minutes and far exceeded the entertainment value of any Disney produced Star Wars movie. WOW.

And to think NSA only watched the 1st Qtr... shame. shame. shame.

Mahomes, Hill and Kelce gave me 100 fantasy points. o_O

The biggest thing learned from it is the Chiefs must secure the number 1 seed if they want to go to the Superb Owl where they will lose to the Saints. Patrick's inexperience finally showed in a real way, not just a peek like the first quarter of the Patriots game.

The NFL should never be allowed to assemble a "Dream Team" of refs again, even in the playoffs. I was ready to turn the game off before they finally started to let the game flow in the 2nd quarter.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yay, we beat Green Bay! What's that you say? We're at Foxboro next week, and we play the Seahawks the week after that? Our regular season finale is against the Bears, who beat us once this year already?

R.I.P in Pieces, Vikings. Maybe next year?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Oh shit. Well, there goes KC's season. The NFL should wrap up their "investigation" just in time for the post-season. And if he gets the Ray Rice treatment, KC's gonna be drafting an RB in an early round come April. Ugh.

How can these guys be this stupid. You've got the world at your feet, so you surround yourself with wannabes and whores, risking your career, millions in future earnings, and pretty much your whole life... over some nonsense with a groupie at 3am. Such sound logic :rolleyes:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
While the Chiefs do have other weapons, Ware is a very different guy when you put him in as a 3-down back vs the change-of-pace guy. You don't replace one of the top-3 backs in the league with a dude off the bench making vet minimum. At the very least, D's won't fear Ware like they do Hunt, and thus they'll shift coverage to Hill & Watkins, making them less productive too.

I have no sympathy for your fantasy team. Kamara shit the bed last night and Fournette is suspended for throwing haymakers, so I'm probably going to drop my third straight. I went from worst to first... and now I'm trucking hard back toward the bottom.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
And Watkins is out, so the 4 headed monster has been halved. Thank god Ware can catch the ball well, but he can’t out run an entire defense. I seriously think the Raiders take advantage of this shock and awe and walk away with a repeat upset. Just needed that video to stay hidden for two more months. The only good part about this ordeal is that NSA lost his running back and will miss the playoffs.

My tinfoil hat tells me Dorsey paid off the hotel security dude to get the tape so he can get Hunt back off the waiver wire on a really cheap contract. Fucking Cleveland...

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Love this tweet. Larry has been around and involved these past few years trying to help these young kids. He turned from someone everyone wanted gone from KC to someone who has admitted his faults and be welcomed back into the community with open arms. It’s funny because we were all rooting for him to not break Priest Holmes’ record back in the day and cheered when he came up 55yds short.

1543678030008.png

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
This just may be the year to 2 dat !!

The 2 losses that NO had this year were bad real bad and Sunday's game started out bad until we had that rallying blocked punt.

Those Saints will always keep you scratching your head.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Raiders beat Pittsburgh. What. I did NOT see that coming, whatsoever.

Also, interesting, Big Ben has NEVER won a game in Oakland. The Steelers haven't won a game there since 1995. That's nut. Make it 0-4 Ben.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14372239-74/roethlisberger-looking-to-snap-0-3-record-when-playing-in-oakland

They've looked.. I dunno, almost competent the last 3 or 4 weeks. (W vs Arizona, L vs Baltimore, L vs KC, W vs Pitt). This is a team where the TE Jared Cook is the biggest 'weapon' so I don't know what to think. Maybe they needed to trim everything away and legitimately start over at the bottom? I have no idea. The defense actually looked sorta like a defense, and Derek Carr had a vintage 2014 game winning drive. This was their first W against a team with a winning record (lol).

Though winning dropped them to the #3 pick (as of now).. so make of that what you will.

Also, Amari Cooper is going bananas in Dallas, and Mack is still doing good things in Chicago.. but I still think the trades were 'good' for the Raiders. They were either misusing Cooper, or he was a headcase in Oakland, he had amazing games, but also games where he was seriously terrible.. remains to be seen what he'll be like long-term in Dallas, but I don't think you'd be getting great production out of him if he stayed in Oakland. Same with Mack, he might not even have showed up for the season and held out like Le'Veon.. and as good as he is, I don't see the Raiders suddenly making the playoffs even with him on the team. Seems like all sides made out well.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That has to be a Gruden power play, right? No way the guy that got them out of salary cap hell and drafted Carr, Cooper, Mack, and plenty of other good players is suddenly a deadbeat... after beating the Steelers? What incredibly odd timing. Unless Chucky was feeling his oats after the game yesterday. That's all I can figure.

I know I'm a homer for the guy, but RM will do another team proud. The guy's good.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
They offered to let him finish the season but he decided to go now. I have to figure it was a clash.. he did a good job 2014 & 2015, but kind of whiffed it the last couple of years. Mack being a primadonna and Cooper being a headcase probably didn't help matters either.

Gruden will probably stack the different departments with people he wants and likes.. so.. whatever, I don't know that it's a net positive or negative move.. having everyone in sync should be a good thing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They just fired DeFilippo, like he was on the field throwing to a covered Rudolph when Thielen was wide-fucking-open. I can't believe we're stuck with this over-payed hack until at least 2020. At least our kicker didn't shank any field goals, as that would have required certain elements of the offense to actually do their jobs.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I would argue that last year was the true aberration and that this year is meeting realistic expectations. You weren't going to win 11 games again with Keenum, and Cousins is still reasonably new to the team and offense. Sure, he could have played better, but I wouldn't write him off yet. Even Peyton had an average first year when he went to the Broncos, and the following year threw 55 TDs and orchestrated the highest scoring team in league history.

Speaking of the Broncos, a team that's arguably just as talented as Minnesota, they're sucking donkey balls with Keenum in charge, so don't wish him back. You got an upgrade... it just sucks having to suffer through the growing pains. Look on the bright side... you could be Washington. Without Cousins, they were dreadful, and that's before Smith and McCoy broke their legs. Sanchez... ugh.